1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

WAKING UP EARLY FOR 30 DAYS CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Future role model, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Cel mai drept ideal

Cel mai drept ideal Fapstronaut

Well, my alarm sounded at 4:30, but I woke up at 5:30, so that's why I'm not particularly proud of it. But yes, it's still pretty good though!

Future role model and Majik like this.
  2. Majik

Majik Fapstronaut

So you are aiming to get up at 4.30am?

3. Cel mai drept ideal

Yes, 4:30 or 5:00 would be good.

Future role model likes this.
  4. Majik

Majik Fapstronaut

Maybe start with the more realistic one for a while? Until you get used to it.

5. Got up at 6am again... My alarm was set to 5am, and when I got up I again haven't felt tired at all, and again for some reason I decided to get back to bed... I don't know if I slept for more than 10 minutes in that last hour, it wasn't worth getting back to bed at all...

Cel mai drept ideal likes this.
  6. Majik

Majik Fapstronaut

Sounds good! Plus it sounds like you are learning and adapting, which can only be a good thing.

7. Majik

Majik Fapstronaut

I nearly joined the 5 a'clock club this morning by accident! Haha
    Woke up at 5.10 needing the loo. When I got up to go I was feeling really quite awake and good. Thought about staying up, but I know tonight is going to be a really late one, so felt like I probably needed the sleep. Did struggle to get back to sleep though. I blame you guys! haha For even planting the idea that getting up at 5am was a thing! But, if I felt like I had something worth doing, OR I wasn't going out tonight, I really feel like I would have got up. Maybe I could have made up some sleep with a nap. I love a good nap :) It would have probably been better than the quality of sleep I had when I went back to bed. Something to learn from that one maybe.

So, very unlikely I will be trying for this tomorrow and the following day, as I have two nights out planned. Still not drinking though, and feeling really good.

See you guys here on Monday. Start of a new week! ;)

8. Cel mai drept ideal

Sounds like a good morning to me, haha! I woke up at 5:00 AM as well!
    What is it like to wake up so early without even trying and seeing people around you struggling to do that, without success? ;)

Future role model and Majik like this.
  9. Majik

Majik Fapstronaut

Well done! :)

Haha! I still maintain that 5am is a crazy time to get out of bed, but maybe I am warming to it :D
    I have occasionally had this happen to me, where I wake up at half 4 or something because I need the loo. It was not like it was a choice thing. Every now and again I would not be able to sleep again, so would make a cup of tea or something and read for a bit.
    The fact that I felt fairly good at 5am this morning was possibly down to a good pre bed routine that I went for, which may have improved the quality of my sleep. (I was actually already thinking about bed way before normal. These dark evenings probably doing that.) Even though I didn't go to sleep until 11, due to phone calls etc delaying me getting ready, there were no screens for the hour before. Had low lighting for most of the evening, just side lights. Brushed my teeth and got ready before getting in to bed to read. Then it was just lights out and try to sleep. Not sure if 6 hours sleep would have got me through the whole day, and going out tonight, but I do love a nap, so it might have worked!
    Also, to do that every day....I guess it is getting in to the habit. Maybe a good pre bed routine is the key?
    Will give it another go next week. Realistically I am not aiming to wake up before 6am though, ultimately. Will see if my mindset changes.

Why are you aiming for 5am? Do you have a good reason? A strong drive to achieve something in particular? I feel like a good motivation for doing something with that time is also going to be a key contributing factor as to whether you are successful at this.

10. Finally managed to get up at 5am this morning! I took a cold shower, read a bit of book and got ready for school.

You are right. I used to try developing this habit for no particular reason, just to see myself as more self-disciplined. I even developed a habit of waking up at 4:30am for about a month straight, but it was useless. I agree that the reason to get up is the key, you gotta remind yourself of it the moment your alarm starts ringing.

Cel mai drept ideal and Majik like this.
  11. Cel mai drept ideal

Yes, I've noticed too how having a strong motivation to do something or reason to wake up makes it much easier. As for me, I wake up cause I want to do some stuff, such as reading, studying finnish, practicing my handwriting, taking my daily cold shower and other things that I would otherwise wouldn't have time for or I just wouldn't be as efficient in doing (in the afternoon, when I have the rest of my free time). Plus, (for the moment) I live in a large rented house with plenty other people and I find it comfortable to have a moment of solitude and do the stuff I mentioned while everybody else is sleeping.
    As I mentioned before in this thread, I once kept a dream journal as I was getting into lucid dreaming (I gave up in the meantime, but that's not the point) and I noticed how easily I woke up early in the morning, knowing that I have to write my dream! I'm thinking of starting to do that again, not only will I wake up early easier, but lucid dreaming is also a pretty awesome skill to posses!

Majik likes this.
  12. Majik

Majik Fapstronaut

I love lucid dreams! Trying not to wake up is the difficult part.
    Is there a way to have them more consistently then?!

Those motivations sound good. I think if they are specific, with maybe a routine, and some set goals that you are striving for, then that should definitely help :)

My night out might not be happening.... delays. Don't want to speak too soon, but I am already optimistically in bed....:emoji_fingers_crossed:

13. Cel mai drept ideal

Day 3... and I woke up at 4:30 AM!
    About lucid dreams, I don't know, I'm only getting started myself. But they say that practice makes perfect and that the more lucid dreams you have the better you'll get at controlling them. There's no shortcut as far as I hear. And about consistency, well, I don't know. Do you do reality checks often? Maybe somebody here that has more experience in lucid dreaming can share some stories with us!

14. Majik

Majik Fapstronaut

Well done! :)

Ok, cool. I have a very good visual imagination which helps. (Not so much for nofap!)
    What do you mean by "reality checks"?

Today I woke up at 4.54! Again, for the loo. This time I was not feeling so good, despite the same bed time. I put it down to the pizza that I had for dinner. I kind of knew that I can be sensitive to cheese, but this confirms it. Slight headache and just generally not feeling so good. Cannot really remember having one since I stopped drinking for November. Definitely not in the last week though, when maybe I am more sensitive to how things effect me, as a result of no alcohol and no PMO. So today is a sad day. Looks like I am now giving up cheese! Well, maybe not fully ;) A bit worried that it may have also affected my mood, as I have been feeling so good recently. So will definitely be cutting back even more! Already stopped milk and yoghurt (mostly).
    Sorry, went off on a tangent! Anyway, got back into bed at 5 and lay there thinking about if there were things I could do IF I did get up. Then thought that I did not have much to lose if I did, and that it would be an interesting experiment. But also potentially have a late night tonight because of friends visiting, which will mean no nap opportunity. Whilst thinking about all of that I must have fallen asleep! haha
    Woke up properly around 7.20am after my second snooze. Not toooo bad. Although has taken me a bit longer to get up and get going. Still learning ;)

15. Majik

Majik Fapstronaut

Think I may have got it wrong, dairy wise. Been looking it up. Too may factors! Something about the pizza gave me a headache though. Wish I knew what.

16. Majik

Majik Fapstronaut

Well, I certainly won't be getting up early tomorrow! I am only just going to bed! :emoji_laughing:

17. Cel mai drept ideal

Well, pretty much what it sounds like. Checks that you do that assure you that you're in real life and not in a dream. ;) If you do them often enough, they will eventually be carried over into the dreams you have which in turn will trigger lucid dreaming. For example, if you push your finger through your palm it won't go through it (obviously), but in a dream it would.You'd better google it though, the internet can explain it better to you than I can.
    Day 4: Successfully woke up at 4:30 AM again! :)

18. Gorilla Punch Cafe

Gorilla Punch Cafe Fapstronaut

I am 28 yo boy waking up at 5 clock, I already written what I want to be in my life that is I want to b a great marketing executive, earn money build a huge restorent, enter national politics etc etc.. I read that page while I'm toilet sitting on commode which makes my brain s vibration aligned to my goal.. Then after I exercise and start writing gratitude list means what are my happy gifts I got from. God... U also do this I feel more energized with Dopomine, Oxitocin, secret one, and endorphin rushing thru my veins,, they r happy harmonies,, after dat I observe my eyes look more attractive to myself...in morning add da hobby f getting highly inspired u also can observe ur eyes look more radiant and attractive.. Really try it

Asgardian36 likes this.
  19. Majik

Majik Fapstronaut

That is really interesting. So you actually do them when you "know" that you are awake, in the hope of carrying it through to dreaming, in order to 'break in to' a normal dream? Wow. That could lead to some 'Inception' like trippiness in the future! :emoji_smile:

Nice work on the early start again. I got up at 9... but I went to bed at 3! Haha So, that is kind of a win, in a strange way. 6 hours is probably the minimum amount of sleep that I am willing to have. Plus, because I wasn't drinking, no hangover! :D

20. Cel mai drept ideal

Haha!
    Personally, the minimum I'd have would be 7 hours a night, but things might change. Soon enough I might get some evening/night shifts on my job that will be until 12 o'clock in the night... But I bet that crazy me will still be trying to wake up early! :D