Conversation trouble

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Lustorlove, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Lustorlove

Lustorlove Fapstronaut

Hi fellow fapstronauts,
    One thing I am currently struggling with right now is being fascinating through conversations. I tend to give short responses in conversation that usually kills the interaction. I want to use more trigger words that invoke a response in other people. The problem is that I don’t have the slightest idea on how to do this. I’m very boring/average imo and want to become that guy people enjoy conversing with. Any advice?

2. Hi. 1. Read How to Win Friends & Influence People. 2. Just add follow up information to questions and ask a question yorulself. i.e., So, where do you work? I work at Target, and my goal in the future is to blah blah blah. What do you do? How did you get into that? Any advice for someone trying to .......

Find common ground as quikly as possible so you have something to converse about that gets the other person excited. People like those who are similar to themselves.

Lustorlove and 19conquer like this.
  3. 19conquer

19conquer Fapstronaut

If you feel like youre boring, do something that you feel isnt boring and then you could meet other people who share the same interests. Once you find people with similar interests, itll be harder to run out of conversation.

4. Practice. If youre shitty at anything, doing it more makes you better. Eventually you find out what works, conversations get smoother and more natural and then you begin to enjoy them.

5. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Be an active listener. Instead of talking (while you struggle), you could be someone who is good just to talk to, because of being a good listener.

Deleted Account likes this.