1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 Days Hardmode - One tip that helped me reach 30 days first time in 3 years

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by oneaffidavit, Nov 30, 2018.

1. oneaffidavit

oneaffidavit Fapstronaut

In few hours, I am going to hit 30 day mark on Hardmode to be honest, 30 days didn't feel hard at all. In fact this has been my longest yet easiest streak till date. I have done 14-day streaks twice in the last 3 years (i.e. when I discovered nofap) but they felt extremely hard.

Benefits:
    - Clearing of Brain Fog
    - More Energy
    - More Peacefulness
    - Better Focus
    - Lesser Sleep
    - Can speak much better
    - Music sounds even better
    - Waking up feels so easier
    - No longer feel easily fatigued or weak or drained during the day

My journey's life changing tip:
    Whenever you feel an urge coming, create a new action. Repeat it many times.

In my case, I made few ice packs. Whenever I get urges, I simply slip some ice packs into my nuts. Alternatively, I take bowl of cold water and dip my nuts into it or even take a cold showers.

Once my penis gets scared of cold and the boner dies, I no longer need to exert any willpower. This approach is opposite of what I followed before. I always fought the urges mentally and then boner died. In this case, my Boner dies first which automatically makes my urges to become powerless. Therefore, I have plenty of willpower reserve left. Because I don't use much willpower to do this, I didn't feel any difficulty this time. It felt so easy.

Previously when I was fighting mentally not physically, Nofap felt like 10/10 difficulty. It was too overbearing. I would give up in 4-5 days max and get stuck in that small cycles.

Basically, I created a competing action to my urges.

Urges -> PMO
    (Old association)

Urges -> Cold Water
    (New association)

Essentially, both compete now:

Urges -> Go for cold water or PMO??
    (Going for cold water weakens PMO association and makes Cold water association stronger. This is re-wiring i.e. creating a competing action and making new action strong enough to replace old action) (aka Golden Rule of Habits)

*If you are in relationship, competing action could be sex

Previously, I simply abstained from PMO, all I was doing was de-wiring i.e. I was not creating any competing action for the urges. Hence, my brain continued to believe and associate that urges means PMO

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  2. Gentle man

Gentle man Fapstronaut

thx for sharing this !
    true !!
    we need to have competing action

cannedplacebo and oneaffidavit like this.
  3. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

nice tip bro , it might make big difrence in the fight

oneaffidavit likes this.
  4. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Thanks for making this post, man!!! I appreciate it! Sheds new light on the matter, even though Ive heard people doing push ups/ cold showers whenever urge strikes them!

oneaffidavit likes this.
  5. Nalex25p

Nalex25p Fapstronaut

Excellent advise, cold exposure/cold showers I think cured my addiction. I never have to use my willpower anymore and I’m at my highest streak with no urges, proabably because I make my body think it’s freezing to death, so it has no time for sexual urges. I only have to fight the cravings of taking a warm shower and I’m good.

I also could never get past 30 days for the coincidentally last 3 years of my addiction. I beet it twice on my last streak and this streak with cold showers. (On day 46 of my last streak I went back to warm showers and relapsed on day 49. I’m now at my highest of 52 and I did not go back to warm showers like last time, no urge) Nice to hear your having the same success.

6. Spartan Shibz

Spartan Shibz Fapstronaut

Blue ice balls hey!

oneaffidavit likes this.
  7. Cold showers also working for me. Having one before bed helps cut out edging.

oneaffidavit likes this.
  8. But you can kill your libido forever with this method.

oneaffidavit likes this.
  9. D121

D121 Fapstronaut

good job

oneaffidavit likes this.
  10. Power_within

Power_within New Fapstronaut

This makes so much sense and I shall be incorporating it into my journey now.

oneaffidavit likes this.
  11. theMotivator

theMotivator Fapstronaut

What if you get strong urges when cold water or ice is not available? You still have to work on your will-power, otherwise, PMO will strike again after a long time, when you won't even be expecting it.
    The easiest way to train will-power is to do things you don't want to. Like waking up early (4 AM), not eating the things you love, although they are in front of you etc.

oneaffidavit likes this.
  12. oneaffidavit

oneaffidavit Fapstronaut

I actually thought about this but couldn't really think of such situation. If I am alone, I would be in my room or hotel room (travel). If I am outside, I wouldn't be alone.

Willpower is secondary option for me always. Meanwhile I need to stablize myself.

13. Awesome advice thank you ! I am a win-hof fan also I can use my urges as a trigger to do my win-hof method more consistently :)

14. Tryingto

Tryingto Fapstronaut

This is a great pith instruction. So simple and yet I often forget it!

Thanks for sharing and congrats!

15. Number1

Number1 New Fapstronaut

Good stuff.. Thanks for sharing!