1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do in your free time instead of masturbating?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by plusscientist, Dec 2, 2018.

1. plusscientist

plusscientist Fapstronaut

.....especially if you have A LOT of free time?
    I study, read books, study more, surf the internet reading new stuff (that can or can not be helpful in life), listen to music, but I still have a lot of free time left. And, without doing anything and being bored leads to.... stuff... happening...
    So, what do you guys do?

2. Write, read, work, watch shows and movies, hang out with friends, daydream about the future, clean the house, organize, make YouTube videos, exercise, etc.

3. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Draw, write a novel, watch anime, play card games, talk to friends abroad, ruin lives and lmao, read, watch shows, daydream my ass off, engage in philosophy, star-gaze, browse nofap, go for a jog, watch YouTube, read my dad's med books.

*and listen to orchestra. I love OST's over songs anyway. <.<

Asgardian36 likes this.
  4. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I like to read books on religion. Right now I'm reading a book about the Hindu god Krishna. It's pretty good; it has a good balance between scholarship and readability.

Deleted Account, u376 and Asgardian36 like this.
  5. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

gym and reading.

6. KennyKenny123

KennyKenny123 Banned

7. plusscientist

Great! What kind of YouTube videos are you making?

Are you me?!? :O What kind of anime are you watching? How good are you at finding constellations? Could you send me some links of good orchestra songs? I found HALIDONMUSIC on Youtube few days ago and I just let one of those 2 hours long videos with a lot of songs play as I do something else. And, if we talk about OSTs, one of the best I've heard in a while is Kara's theme from D:BH.

Interesting! Did you read Bible, Quran or any of those books that massive amount of people follow? I picked up Bible from my schools library today. No one took it since 1999. I'm the one who is going to read it NINETEEN years after someone else.

Great!

8. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Haha it's nice to find someone with similar interests :D

I watch a lot of anime with no fixed theme in particular (except perhaps school and psychological) and could bore you with a long list but i'll just give 10 to show the diversity in my collection:
    1. Another (school/horror/gore)
    2. Blood-C (school/horror/gore)
    3. Persona (megami tensei)
    4. Death note (school/psychological)
    5. Naruto Shippuden (shounen)
    6. Sakamoto Desu Ga? (Slice of life)
    7. Mahou Shoujo Site (Psychological)
    8. Death Parade (slice of life/psycho)
    9. YuGiOh (card game)
    10. Aldnoah.Zero (mecha/war)
    You may or may not know some of these so just in case, i elaborated on their genres.

Stargazing. Ah. That's my alltime fav hobby although i persue it very casually. I moreso enjoy the night and calmess and the empty space over the stars thenselves although I'd be lying if i don't spend hours wondering what I'd see if I were transported to some star i'm staring at. As for constellations, i can identify most of the basic ones like the big dipper, triangulum, ares and whatnot. I have yet to buy a telescope though because I spend most of my money on Yugioh cards XD

If you want to talk further, feel free to hit me up a msg man :D I come here a lot when i'm bored.

Nice meeting ya ^^

plusscientist likes this.
  9. Drive around, study, listen to new music, gym, longboard, Hulu/Netflix, smoke weed/drink if appropriate, freestyle, read, clean my room/house, take a walk, eat, drink water, etc.

10. I'm an author, so I make mostly writing-related videos. Tips, book critiques, stuff like that.

parkurman123 and plusscientist like this.
  11. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

What kind of novels/stories do you write? I'm writing a psychological novel on a killer. Generic but not exactly XD

u376 and plusscientist like this.
  12. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Write, draw, read, study, talk to friends, exercise, sleep, listen to podcasts, listen to music.

13. That's awesome! I write whatever comes to mind, really, but theres always a good amount of romance. My first novel was a suspenseful romance about a murderer sort of "kidnapping" a criminal psychologist from the police department, and she helps him through dealing with his past and abuse and stuff and becoming a better man.

And then right now I'm almost finished with the first draft of the sequel, which takes place after the man gets out of incarceration and hes going to college and finding himself and still dealing with his past and the stigma against convicts in our society.

And I have another one in the works that's basically just a straight up romance between an older man and a younger woman, because I love age gap relationships.

14. plusscientist

Interesting!

So, you are writing? See, that is our first difference!

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  15. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Omg can you send a link to your channel? I haven't been this excited since ... .... ... uh. 6 days. Yeah. 6 days. XD

Ikthrisabrideside likes this.
  16. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Hahahaha i see what you mean. But you know- English isn't my 1st language either. I'm just good at it because I see the link between bilingualism and intellect and so practiced it sincerely as a kid. The ability to picture one sentence in 2 different ways, particularly with all that shuffling in the order of the clauses, adjectives and pronouns in particular makes it rather easy to understand Shakespearean literature as well, not to mention improve your ability to think.

17. plusscientist

Interesting way of thinking!

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  18. Haha I'll send it to you privately so I dont get in trouble for self promotion or something. Mods around here be crazy sometimes.

Deleted Account and CTRL + DEL like this.
  19. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

I got suspended twice in 2 months. I know what you mean :(

Deleted Account likes this.
  20. Cool, did you get it published?

Asgardian36 likes this.