1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing My Personality

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Abhijeet7, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Abhijeet7

Abhijeet7 Fapstronaut

Hi Guys!
    Yesterday I succeeded to complete my Journey of 100 days without doing M and also left P. I'm starting this new thread because now I want to change my Personality. I will post everyday and I will tell about my daily life and how I will change my Personality.

2. Bad_hombre

Bad_hombre Fapstronaut

How will you do it? I've been quite focused on changing my personality and what i concluded was that that's a hell of a work that doesn't happen overnight. I meditated, traveled, wrote 8 48-pages notebooks, talked to people extensively about my issues, got intimate, recorded an album, faced many fears, changed habits and routines, smoked pot, drank alcohol, quit my job and other things that I can't recall, but i still feel that I'm far from who i wanted to be.

If you have a very good efficient plan I would very much want to know what it is.

3. Abhijeet7

Abhijeet7 Fapstronaut

I'm trying to change my Personality as much as I can because I don't have a good personality. I'm trying to search on the internet and learning from other people. I quit many bad habits and been working hard. I started to be active more mentally and physically. As much as I know my personality has changed a little bit.

4. SomeRandomNatty

SomeRandomNatty Fapstronaut

it can be done, good luck! I think you're perfect the way you are tbh

Abhijeet7 likes this.
  5. Abhijeet7

Abhijeet7 Fapstronaut

Today was a good day for me. I met a lot of my friends after a long time. I had a good talk with a girl today. I don't feel shy now while talking to a girl. I was trying to make my personality good as much as possible.

Asgardian36 and SomeRandomNatty like this.
  6. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Keep it going, man! I'm curious...what part of your personality are you trying to change?

Abhijeet7 likes this.
  7. Abhijeet7

Abhijeet7 Fapstronaut

I'm trying to change my ego because it's necessary for me. I'm not quite good at talking while I'm in a group. Most of the time I just keep my mouth shut. That's also the thing I want to change in my personality.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Asgardian36 likes this.
  8. Abhijeet7

Abhijeet7 Fapstronaut

Last few days have not been good for me. I'm suffering from a lot of Anxiety & Depression. I'm also facing family problems that I can't take. I don't know when these bad days are going away but I need some help and time to relax.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  9. Average2Alpha

Average2Alpha Fapstronaut

Trying to change the ego is a interesting point.

Our ego is what holds us back. It wants to protect you and stops you from being your best self.

The key is to modify the ego. See yourself as immortal being living in a human body. See that you are insignificant in this expanding universe.

Highly recommend reading book or summary of "ego is the enemy" by ryan holiday.

Abhijeet7 likes this.
  10. Abhijeet7

Abhijeet7 Fapstronaut

I have low urges for a little time sometimes but the urges don't disturb me at my personal life now. I've been suffering from a lot of Anxiety and Stress from the past few days. This is because of my college work and my family problems. I also want to share that I have OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) which is worse these days.

11. Griffiti

Griffiti Fapstronaut

Go to therapy. Psychoanalytical and family focuses treatment. You’ll discover why you are the way you are. Once you know that, you can be more forgiving of yourself, and the depression, anxiety, and self-loathing may start to dissipate. After that, you’re more free to focus on self-modification. But you need to bring the subconscious to the conscious first.

Abhijeet7 likes this.
  12. Abhijeet7

Abhijeet7 Fapstronaut

My mind is not working properly these days because of Anxiety and lot of stress. I don't know when these things are gonna end but I hope it will happen soon. Another bad thing happened to me today and I'm really stressed about it. That thing is really messing up my mind but I'm trying to get rid of it.

13. Abhijeet7

Abhijeet7 Fapstronaut

Today was not a bad day. I had very low Anxiety today. And I had no urges today. I was more active today and had a better chat with my friends. I was showing my personality as good as possible today.

14. Abhijeet7

Abhijeet7 Fapstronaut

I had low sexual thoughts today. I did my college homework today to get rid of the sexual thoughts and that worked out well for me. I'm also working on concentrating on things that I was unable to concentrate on.

15. Abhijeet7

Abhijeet7 Fapstronaut

Sometimes the sexual thoughts distract me so much that I can't concentrate on anything. It's also hard sometimes to get rid of the urges but I manage somehow. Still I'm trying to change my Personality and it will take time but I'm trying harder.

16. Abhijeet7

Abhijeet7 Fapstronaut

I'm still struggling with depression and sometimes I think of M but I don't do it. I know if I do it then it will be very bad for me and my mental health.

17. Woodcutter74

Woodcutter74 Fapstronaut

There are many books that can help you have a better personality while being authentic. Books on personal growth, self hypnosis, NLP, mindfulness, meditation. Staying in good shape also alters your personality for the best.

Abhijeet7 likes this.
  18. Bad_hombre

Bad_hombre Fapstronaut

Roughly speaking, our lives are made of those little things that we do every day, which is our routines. If you are able to observe and change your daily habits It may help you to shift your perception. Keep track of your habits I say it because I suffered from depression for around 7 years unwittingly and when I look back I see that my daily habits reinforced and kept the gloomy circle going on and on. You may want to look into that.

Deleted Account and Abhijeet7 like this.
  19. Abhijeet7

Abhijeet7 Fapstronaut

Today was not a bad day for me. I was able to show good side of me in front of my friends. I have been talking to my friends a lot. Not so many urges today.

20. Abhijeet7

Abhijeet7 Fapstronaut

Today was a good day for me. I suffered no stress today. I was feeling very energetic today. Exercising helped me today to relax my body and my mind.