1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Family Can't Stop Talking About Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Geez, this crap is annoying. I have been on a 20+ day NoFap streak. Ever since I started meditation, cold showers, exercise, and NoFap. My family can't stop talking about why I don't have a girlfriend. This didn't happen in high school or my first year in college. But for some damn reason, they suddenly can't stop bringing up the "girlfriend" discussion. Yeah, I'm a PMO addict. Obviously, it's a pathetic behavior. But it's like I almost want to go back so they can stop talking about the damn girlfriend. You know? But the benefits of NoFap are real too. That's the problem. I'm in a dichotomy. What should I do?

2. Well, obviously NoFap works. Your family is starting to look out for you.

3. This is what happens when you open the chakras. People become more aware of you and your surroundings.

4. I think you just need to talk to your mom. Your dad probably thinks your desperate and needy for sex, so don't talk to him. Talk to your mom and sort out your differences. I have experience with this, you can count on me.

5. I don't why my Mom can't stop bringing it up for some reason, it's annoying. Thanks for the advice.

6. Your family knows you are an addict?

7. No

Atlanticus likes this.
  8. My dad doesn't know about my past history with PMO though.

9. Does anyone in your family?

10. I have been caught doing PMO before; but that was awhile ago. Like 2 years ago.

11. Ah...Can you tell them that when they talk about gf it makes it worse?

12. I mean, I could try? Lol.

13. Okay, thanks for the advice.

14. Capt. U

Capt. U Fapstronaut

Lol, I'm on a similar situation.
    I tell them that I'm not in a rush, I need to work on me for me. How am I going to attract quality women if I don't become a quality man?

Atlanticus likes this.
  15. Had that problem myself for years finally I just told them " why in the hell would I bring a girl here to meet U ? " I told them there attitude was the reason I don't bring girls to family gatherings

16. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

Excellent response!!

We're all on our own trajectory and cannot let ourselves be lived by others, including parents....who, after all, only want to see us happy. So... to achieve all the above....we reboot and stay the course!:)

17. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

I like an honest response -- and besides it's okay to consider this a private matter IMO.

18. Peiskos

Peiskos Fapstronaut

That’s a terrible situation, I know how it feels because my parents/family used to ask me about when I was going to get a girlfriend too. It was annoying and uncomfortable.

The questions have stopped ever since I got one but I can see where they were coming from, they’re only asking because they think you’re a great guy and don’t understand how you can’t have a girl want to be your girlfriend. That’s just how family is. They don’t know the entire story unless you tell them.

19. Same here - I don’t feel I am ready for a GF at this point as I am working to improve myself. My family puts on the same pressure though.