1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What animal would you like to eat?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LEPAGE, Oct 1, 2018.

How would you describe your eating habits?

1. I am a true carnivore. I eat quails eggs stuffed in possum stuffed in coyote for breakfast.

7 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. I am a meat eater. Burgers, bacon and chicken nuggets all day. Sometimes green leafy stuff.

20 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. I am an omnivore. I like balance. Middle of the road! Fishes and loaves, and salad!

24 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. I only very rarely eat meat, and then only a small lean piece of chicken. Have you tried eggplant.

9 vote(s)
    11.3%
  5. I am a vegetarian. I can never eat animals. We're so much alike; it's like eating your kids!

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. I am a vegan. I hate everyone above. Mushrooms taste like steak, especially when they're magic!

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. I am a robot. Where are my power cells and complementary lube job?

12 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.-Genesis 9:3

One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another?-Romans 14

2. The pig=dog argument. Both dogs and cats had jobs in human society. Dogs would act as security, aid in hunting, and humans being visual animals would have their hearing and their olfactory sences multiplied by having a dog with them. Cats provide companionship and kill vermin. Vermin used to cause plagues.

Gotham Outlaw and brilliantidiot like this.
  3. ClaritySeeker

ClaritySeeker Fapstronaut

I'm asking you to ethically/morally justify it, not with scripture. There is scripture that endorses veganism as well, for example the community of Seventh Day Adventists, who have one of the longest lifespans in the world. There is also scripture that endorses killing gay people, so I don't base my decisions on the bible. Use your own mind and morality to justify it.

4. I'll spare a pig if they can find me truffles

5. I wonder if the worm and the insect begrudge the plow when you are sowing your crops?

6. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

"for example the community of Seventh Day Adventists, who have one of the longest lifespans in the world"
    What, that's not scripture.

'There is also scripture that endorses killing gay people, so I don't base my decisions on the bible.'
    I'm not aware of any in the new testament that say we should kill them. Yes the bible says its not a good thing to be gay.

'Use your own mind and morality to justify it'
    My own morality comes from the scriptures. Morality requires a code, that code comes from scripture. Why is it a bad thing to steal, rape or murder? Who taught you, culture? Who taught culture? The idea that there exists "ones own individual morality" is a myth.

7. ClaritySeeker

It's about reducing harm, you can't avoid all harm, but you can considerably reduce it. Also, I think you would agree with me that pain and suffering from a mammal is different than an insect.

"See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food" (Genesis 1:29, 30).

“AND GOD SAID, BEHOLD, I HAVE GIVEN YOU EVERY HERB BEARING SEED, WHICH IS UPON THE FACE OF ALL THE EARTH, AND EVERY TREE, IN THE WHICH IS THE FRUIT OF A TREE YIELDING SEED; TO YOU IT SHALL BE FOR MEAT.” GENESIS 1:29 (KING JAMES VERSION)

The Bible’s message is one of love and compassion, and there’s nothing loving or compassionate about factory farms and slaughterhouses, where billions of animals are tortured and killed each year. We have a choice every time we sit down to eat—to support cruelty to animals or to respect God’s creation by eating vegan.

If we have dominion over animals, surely it is to protect them! There is nothing in the Bible that would justify the way animals are tortured in cruel industries nowadays, especially when there are SO many alternatives available everywhere.

It’s true that the Bible talks about helping people, and you can do that by being vegan! It takes up to 13 pounds of grain to produce just 1 pound of meat. If people were to eat the grain itself, an entire village would be fed instead of only one family. You get to help animals AND people, too! It’s a win-win situation.

Animals weren’t made for us to use and abuse in any way that we want. Think about it: Why would a compassionate God create beings who are capable of feeling pain and suffering and who have a desire to live if their only purpose in life is to suffer and die?

Old testament is still part of the bible..."If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Leviticus Chapter 20 verse 13[2]
    And here some other controversial scriptures:
    St Paul's advice in 1 Timothy 2:12, in which the saint says: "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent."

Next was this worrying verse endorsing genocide, from 1 Samuel 15:3: "This is what the Lord Almighty says ... 'Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.' "

Psalm 137, which celebrates this terrible revenge: "Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us / He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."

Romans 1:27, "In the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error."

Now this is turning into a religious debate that I'd rather not get into...But since you want to...
    Your morality is based on fear of being punished in an afterlife, that's a bit sad, you do good only out of fear of punishment. I do good because I want to. I don't require scripture for morality, how is that possible, how am I even alive since it's a myth? I shouldn't even be able to function in society according to you. You don't need scriptures to know it's a bad thing to steal/rape/murder. The funny thing about culture is it's not always right. It was once part of culture to use leeches to heal medical problems...
    There's a good Einstein quote: "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." Maybe you should learn to go past what you grew up in. All the religions of the world cannot be right and what makes you think yours is so special? I guess we're all living a myth...

8. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I'd eat them if I had to (starving to death). If pigs or cows are available, i'd rather eat those.

9. ClaritySeeker

Survival is different story, most of us are now living in abundance if you have an Internet connection. We're no longer in survival mode, we now have a choice to cause harm or not cause harm. In the end, the question comes down to: does taste justify taking the life of another being?

10. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Until we have Star Trek style replicators, I think yes.

11. ClaritySeeker

Great answer! And you have that right and I'm glad you acknowledged it. I hope one day though that you can think a little harder about it or be more open to it (reducing harm). Good luck friend :D

12. I wonder how i taste

LEPAGE likes this.
  13. I was watching a movie earlier about a man, a woman, and a dog who were in a plane crash and had to survive freezing conditions. At one point the dog is attacked by a mountain lion, and killed by the female protagonist. They eat the mountain lion. The whole time I was like "can I have some?"

LEPAGE, Gotham Outlaw and Hros like this.
  14. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I don't get why everyone talks shit about vegan bacon. I think it's better than regular bacon, and I have some every morning. I slice the vegans myself.

15. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I was on vacation last week, and we went reef fishing. Our guide filleted all the fish we caught, and told us about a restaurant that would cook them for us. It was the best fish I've ever eaten.

Deleted Account, Hros and LEPAGE like this.
  16. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Squirrel. Anyone ever have it? I never have, but know people who do.

17. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Has anyone tried those Popeyes chicken sandwiches yet? I keep hearing that people are literally dying to get them. How do they compare to say a Wendy's chicken sandwich, or similar?

18. DesRevived

DesRevived Fapstronaut

I'll stick with the Japanese diet:
    • Eat only and more fish (I hardly eat meat but I would give fish a chance)
    • A lot of fruits, veggies, rice, tofu, and seaweed
    • Each up to 80% full everyday

LEPAGE likes this.
  19. Lol at the misrepresentations of vegans and vegetarians in the poll choices. Not even gonna pretend to be triggered, just gonna lol

LEPAGE likes this.