1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Science in Adam and Eve?

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Don't worry, I've looked into Christianity and I think that it's true.

AUTiger7222 likes this.
  2. well said. i feel the same way. religious people tend to overlook the facts which go against their beliefs and highlight the ones which are compatible with their worldview.
    most religions teach the things which will lead to harmony and a feeling of brotherhood in society and it is a noble goal but that doesn't make the teachings themselves true in a scientific sense.
    and one can even argue that all we need in the 21st century is a code of ethics to keep harmony and peace in society.
    the only problem is that most people will not follow those ethical codes unless they believe that they will be rewarded for it in some way (either later in the present life, in heaven or in the next life ). there would probably be alot more criminals if there was no religion. so, that is probably why religion is still required even though if people were mentally evolved enough, we could do without it.
    now the question which might arise at this point is 'what about the religions which promote crime ?'
    every religion (except perhaps buddhism), in my view, promotes hostility towards the people who dont follow it. that hostility is either of an aggressive form (in undeveloped countries) or of a subtle nature (in the western world).
    that is the part we need to get rid of, tame or amend (which is already done to a large degree in developed countries).
    getting rid of religion might lead to chaos but there is a need to be watchful and make sure that religion does not become the ugly beast it was prior to our scientific advances.

3. by the way, i must add that i believe that people do have spiritual experiences which lead them to a glimpse of the underlying reality of the universe but i dont think any religion does a good job of describing it or leading its followers on the path towards experiencing that reality themselves.
    to put it in a simple way - i think there is a spiritual , immaterial, underlying reality to this world but no religion leads its followers towards it (and some infact lead them away from it).
    so religion does not have too much utility for the spiritually minded person either.
    science ( especially physics) will lead you towards spiritual truths much more than any religion.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2018
  4. Hey could you answer my question, thanks:

5. No I don't. In fact, I believe that the universe is a virtual reality and all objects including NPCs such as yourself are artificial. The only real entity is me. One level up, I created this game of life and plugged myself into it. It's only a question of time when I figure out how to do this here and repeat the process. Time doesn't exist; there is no past and no future, it's turtles all the way down, my AI friend.
    #Matrixception #StillBetterCreationStoryThanGenesis

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. nice.

7. I used to think the same way but that's actually not totally true... Research shows that the more religious a country is the more violent it tends to be and vice versa, the less religious a country is, the less violent it tends to be. I know that correlation doesn't equal causation meaning that a country might not be less violent just because it's less religious but you would expect the more religious countries to be less violent.

8. Yeah they can be that way but so can the irreligious/atheists as I said my post.
    I think the Christian response to this would be that Christians are commanded to love others in truth... that is share the truth but in a graceful and loving manner
    Do you believe that there's a God who governs this spiritual reality?

9. like u said it is correlation.
    another way to look at it is, that more religious countries are generally poorer and the people are uneducated.
    i think that there might be even more violence if there was no religion keeping people from doing really inhumane things.
    but i might be wrong. clearly, more research is required.

10. might be.
    or it might be that the spiritual reality does not require any governance. it might be self consistent and exist outside of time. so, there is no question of what was before it or who created it (as these questions are for things existing inside time ).

11. AUTiger7222

AUTiger7222 Fapstronaut

Maybe he is and they're just not listening? God talks to use everyday and it's just a matter of us listening or not. No, it's not always in a verbal way like you talking to another person but it's usually there if you're in tune to hear it. You have no idea what God is telling or not telling people and to act like you do is extremely arrogant in my opinion.

12. Well clearly it's not working or maybe evolution is true after all, who knows? I think if evolution were false, those people would know it.

13. Also God is all-knowing and would know that speaking to the people in the way He would speak to them wouldn't work, so why wouldn't He try a different method, like IDK appearing to them and telling them in person?

14. AUTiger7222

AUTiger7222 Fapstronaut

Depends on what type of evolution you're speaking of. There is some evolution that has been proven to be true. It doesn't make the Bible false to believe that the beak of a bird has changed over time as his environment changed.

15. AUTiger7222

AUTiger7222 Fapstronaut

If God appeared to people in human form then faith wouldn't exist. Do you know what faith is? Faith is the belief in things unseen.

16. So you believe in microevolution? But again as I said before, if macroevolution were false, those people would know.

17. OK but what does faith have to do with whether or not macroevolution is true? If macroevolution is leading people away from believing in God and there are Christians who are evolutionary biologists who promote evolution and God wants everyone to be saved, I don't think He should care about if it violates their faith in order for them to know the truth and stop promoting a false theory that leads to nonbelievers going to hell plus those Christians already believe that He exists so your whole point about faith makes no sense.

18. AUTiger7222

AUTiger7222 Fapstronaut

I haven't read through this entire thread but where's this proof of "macroevolution?"

19. AUTiger7222

AUTiger7222 Fapstronaut

Yes I believe in microevolution. No I do not believe humans evolved from monkeys. Nothing I've ever taken in any of my biology classes as ever convinced me that it's true that we came from monkeys, or apes to be more politically correct.

Hros and Deleted Account like this.
  20. Idk, evolutionary biologists have proof, but those questions I asked weren't about whether or not there's proof for macroevolution...