1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Buchanan:It's Too Late to Save the USA

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

2. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

excerpt:
    [E]ven if Trump delivers on the loftiest of his promises, Buchanan fears it will be too little, too late. Sweeping change was needed 25 years ago, he says, before thousands of factories vanished due to the North American Free Trade Agreement, before millions of illegal immigrants entered the country, before trillions of dollars were squandered on regime change and nation-building.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Sure, Pat. The US is guarded by two oceans, it has the highest GDP in the world and the strongest military in the world but it's "too late to save it". What a senile idiot.

MLMVSS and Randy like this.
  4. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I don't agree that it's too late. There's definitely some issues that need to be fixed, but it's not like the country is on the verge of burning down.

Deleted Account, MLMVSS and LEPAGE like this.
  5. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

When you have some spare time, watch Stephen Molyneux's the Fall of the Roman Empire on youtube. There are similar parallels to the decline of the American Empire.

7. Hey, the same could be said about the British Empire at one time, and what happened to that? Oh yeah.....

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  8. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Good point SFT, that country is gone. They get arrested for facebook posts, no guns, hard to believe they were once a great empire.

KillCommunism likes this.
  9. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I think President Trump will do what he can with his second term and the slide of the USA will be somewhat slow, but sure. I lived through a couple of the greatest American decades and had a good life, too bad many never lived through that.

Davidphd1866 and 0111zerozero11 like this.
  10. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

It may be too late, but there's no reason we can't take these bastards down with us! Nuke the world!

11. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Empires rise and fall all the time, so of course the USA is doomed to collapse some time in the future.

LEPAGE likes this.
  12. Britain's not an empire anymore but it still exists politically...

Likewise Charlemagne's empire fell, but France is still around, the third reich fell, but Germany is still around, no one explains what they mean when they say America is going to 'fall'.

Trappist and Randy like this.
  13. Yeah exactly, that's why it's not the end of the world if the American Empire crumbles. It's necessary. Life will go on

Randy likes this.
  14. Britain, France, and Germany are fine places to live now. At least they don't go broke paying for healthcare or a college education in those countries.

15. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

You couldn't pay me enough to live in those 3 shit-holes.

16. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

Depends on what sort of doom they mean. I didn't bother to read the article as I've read enough of that kind of thing. They are always about universal healthcare or letting a dozen immigrants in being some form of cataclysmic end of the world doom. but if they mean social doom and wealth disparity I think that may be the case to some degree, but that is often the opposite of the doom these articles are about. The nation still has a strong military and economy though and that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. More and more homeless and destitute in the USA for sure with wealth going up to the very top barring some major change and who knows they might even start a giant war that will spell doom for most of the world.

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. I think the comparison with Ancient Rome is completely mistaken. AFAIK there was not a single century when the Romans didn't have some kind of coup-d'état - remember the year of four emperors? The word coup-d'état comes from French for a good reason: since 1776 France has had 3 kingdoms, 2 empires, 5 republics, German occupation and puppet state and a provisional government. Brits, Germans, Russians, Chinese, Arabs, Indians, Africans... can tell similar stories. Meanwhile the US has faced an existential threat only once and it was from the inside.

The only way I can see the American state falling is if unchecked growth of a single individual or group makes them more powerful than the government. It's said that we'll see a dollar trillionaire in the coming decade so I'm grabbing my popcorn just in case but the rest of the planet is definitely more fucked than America. EU hasn't even properly started and some are already jumping ship. I wish that Europe got its act together after the idiocy and self-destruction of the twentieth century but there's not much hope. *applies for Green Card*

18. I guess the US is a shithole as well then. Western Europe might have a grim future but in the present the average Louis, Hans and Harry all live better lives than the average Joe.

19. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

USA has shit-hole areas for sure, but at least we have some semblance of freedoms here. I wouldn't trade places with Louis, Hans or Harry and the theocratic tyranny they live underneath.

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  20. ClaritySeeker

ClaritySeeker Fapstronaut

Our economy was doing pretty well, but now it's pretty shit and all the gains have been lost. I thought Trump was supposed to be good for the economy :(