1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One Full Year (12 months) Long Post

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Deleted Account, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Z.e.n.o

Z.e.n.o Fapstronaut

Thanks for the powerful sharing. All my sufferings are in your post. From anxiety, bad relationships, not being able to have a stable eye contact, etc. You are a big inspiration to me.
    I quoted my favourite part and the one i feel most revolutionary. Maybe you already know, or maybe not.. what you said is considered one of the most powerful spiritual practice by many many people, called mindfullness meditation. Finding this in your post is like a strong quality sign, an enlightening quote. You made me shiver, man (is it right in english language?) and i think you have given a surprisingly transformative tool to the community. This post is a must-read for any fapstronaut and a beautiful gift!

YoungBaller23 likes this.
  2. I’m glad that I can inspire someone as in the past I wish someone would discuss more like what I’m doing now. helping and inspiring others is what brings me motivation to pursue even further I wish u luck on your journey and never stop fighting that urge!

Z.e.n.o likes this.
  3. Suhail22

Suhail22 Fapstronaut

Great post man...Very inspiring..
    Iam on day 27 of nofap and facing Severe panic attacks and social anxiety as withdrawal..When can I see some improvements interms of anxiety?

4. Congrats on getting onto day 27! things might escalate as the addiction can be strong in trying to fight back which is why it takes a fight to gain the benefits u will experience. Anxiety won’t go away but I felt my social anxiety was decease and way better around day 50-200. Around that time I was able to control my thoughts and that made my anxiety decrease a lot but this year my social anxiety really isn’t there anymore but I can tell u it was hell of a ride to get where I’m at now.

Freeddom_Taker likes this.
  5. Suhail22

Suhail22 Fapstronaut

You are such an inspiration to me and I hope in coming days I too reach one year mark...Iam aware that this journey will be not easy and I have to go through a roller coaster....I have many solid reasons why I should stop jerking off so Iam determined this time and need your help...

6. thank you for sharing this story and wisdom. Really good to read it.

7. ronaldo123

ronaldo123 New Fapstronaut

that was fucking inspirational man!

8. Remind me the fights I had to put to get 100+ streak.

9. GSM

GSM Fapstronaut

hope in a years time I can also be in your position! well done bro! keep it up

Freeddom_Taker and YoungBaller23 like this.
  10. sakeen

sakeen Fapstronaut

Well done man and thank you for the inspiration. 2018 was like a dry run with nofap for me, but I hadn't been able to shake it off completely. Your post inspired me to make 2019 the year that I shake it off with all the knowledge I have gained

11. Phantompoint

Phantompoint Fapstronaut

Why is agressiveness a bad thing? I always want to be more aggressive in many aspects like dating and my career. I believe my heavy PMO use has brought me to the ‘nice shy guy’ category. I lost many opportunities just because I am shy and I am scared of failing at anything. So often I would just stay away from many things, such as competitive job hunting and approaching hot girls. I had an opportunity where a cute girl took the step and gave me her number but I was too scared to text her, thinking that she might be promiscuous or she was up to no good. This has also affected my financial situation, instead of aggressively thinking how can I earn more, I settle with salary as an office clerk for mundane stupid repetitive job and cut cost defensively. I am already 47 days into nofap but the flatline took away many apparent benefits that I had in the first two to three weeks. I don’t know if nofap will eventually give me superpowers but if there is one thing that I really want from nofap is to become more aggressive like a grown man and not a sissy nor a kid.

12. @Phantompoint
    There is a difference between being assertive and aggressive.
    Being assertive is like a natural confidence and authority in a situation. It allows you to speak your truth and challenge others if necessary. Being aggressive is more like attacking somebody to get what you want without respecting their dignity. It can be motivated by fear and insecurity.

Any virtue is a middle point between two extremes. It can be lost because of an excess or a lack of a quality. Being weak or fainthearted (sissy) is a lack of assertiveness. But being aggressive is an excess of assertiveness. It's great that you don't want to be sissy but don't go to the other extreme.

13. FpsMato

FpsMato Fapstronaut

Did you experience depression,anxiety,panic attacks during first 3 months?I read all those sucesfull streaks and it makes me feel hopeless when there are guys at same days feeling all of nofap benefits.