1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Distraction is all I have got !

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Coolbuddy7, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Coolbuddy7

Coolbuddy7 Fapstronaut

I have become very less attracted to the things I do, You know more and more distracted in whatever thing I do. Like, I am a Student, So for example,... it's time for me to learn for an examination that's approaching real quick, but, I go to youtube and then keep watching some football (soccer as it is otherwise called elsewhere) game highlights and then get into a youtube loop going about watching more and more of such kind of Videos, and in the Mean time, when I go out of the room that I am pretending to learn being in, I see my Grandparents who think I am still Learning Seriously. When I see them, I feel swallowed in into the ocean of Regret. Then, Nevertheless I again go back to the room and Start Doing it again.

Also, when I am not using youtube, I just get in into wandering off mentally, thinking of some Fictional thing or mostly Thinking about the past, wondering What would it have been, had it been this way ? I tried Meditating, But , I didn't know how to do it (properly), So It kind of didn't work. Also,now I am going to take my Terminal High School Examinations, and Still have not got Serious and getting bragged away by Distractions.

So can Anyone help me here, can you suggest me ways to get over this ?

2. jwitcher

jwitcher Fapstronaut

Have you tried the Pomodoro Technique?
    It is very useful, as you decide to set a 25-minute timer to get past that "need to start studying asap"

CoolBuddy7 and RollerCoaster like this.
  3. RollerCoaster

RollerCoaster Fapstronaut

I see myself in your post

CoolBuddy7 likes this.
  4. Coolbuddy7

Coolbuddy7 Fapstronaut

Well , Not really ! What's that about ?

Blessedboy❤️ likes this.
  5. Limitbreaker

Limitbreaker Fapstronaut

Accept, that you did not learn like you should do. You are already aware of what you should do. If this is the kind of what you really want to study then be aware of your youtube habit accept it and push your energy into actually doing something for university

CoolBuddy7 likes this.
  6. Coolbuddy7

Coolbuddy7 Fapstronaut

Yeah , I would definitely try that. Thanks for the Idea.

Blessedboy❤️ likes this.
  7. Clarke

Clarke Fapstronaut

The ultimate red pill on procrastination is that you have to just do it. It takes some will power at the beginning, then it becomes a habit, then you start to enjoy it. Literally everything follows this patterns from sports to learning an instrument to studying.

Alternatively, it could be your mind subconsciously trying to tell you that you're wasting your effort on something that you don't really want to do. Ask yourself why you're doing what you're doing, and if there's something better you could be doing. If there's something better, go do that. If not, stop being a bitch made pussy and do it and stop procrastinating by asking people how to stop procrastinating.

CoolBuddy7 likes this.