1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Struggles to deal with !

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Coolbuddy7, Jan 3, 2019.

How did you / do you like to fill the big void of Time you had during Reboot ?

1. Excercising

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Learning something new

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Watching a New Movie or TV Series

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. Staying Connected with Nature, Friends and Family

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Coolbuddy7

Coolbuddy7 Fapstronaut

While rebooting is very important and feels good, It does take some effort and it might be hard. But the hardest things done will give you the best results. So you might be doing it ; Staying out of doing PM and when you are at it, you be like wondering what to do ? Because, earlier you had a lot of your time committed to P and M, but now that you are trying to quit for good / reboot, it seems difficult. Trying to reschedule your day to day activities as you had practised a Habit out of PM.

So I would like to know What all I could do to make my Reboot more successful while I also enjoy the process and get something fruitful done out of it ? And could anyone who had been out of PM suggest me (or) tell me how they dealt with their Time once they had decided to Reboot ? and How many hours of Sleep would you recommend a person, normally ? ( what about a student who goes to school ? ).

And also I would like to know If meditation might come handy or not. If it does , how to go about it ? I still don't have pretty much clearly any idea about Meditation !

Blessedboy❤️ likes this.
  2. Lot's of Youtube and lot's of video games. Doing something productive is obviously better, but these work for me for now. I used to meditate but I don't now. I wanna get back into it though.

Garrick299 and CoolBuddy7 like this.
  3. Coolbuddy7

Coolbuddy7 Fapstronaut

Okay , but I want to improve simultaneously in multiple areas of my life !
    And I am already into loads and loads of Youtube usage. Well, how did you meditate ? Like, I don't still get what it is to meditate ? How to do it ? and all those stuff !

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Blessedboy❤️ and Garrick299 like this.
  4. The first method I found when I was searching for it years ago was this. Used to work very well for me, not sure why I quit ha. There is also other methods like simply focusing on breath without naming things and letting mind wander. Once your mind wanders pull it back to the breath. Here is link to that method explained by psychologist. And then there is this method where you just sit and try to be as aware and present as possible. Kind of what Eckhart Tolle advocates. I think he has Youtube channel too that you can look up. I've tried all of these but first one seems to work the best for me. You might need to do some experimenting of your own.

CoolBuddy7 and Garrick299 like this.
  5. Coolbuddy7

Coolbuddy7 Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot, will look into it and share my experience. Thanks for answering !

Blessedboy❤️ likes this.
  6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Sleep, videogames, trying to workout and trying to learn how to draw.

CoolBuddy7 likes this.
  7. Coolbuddy7

Coolbuddy7 Fapstronaut

Thanks, Sure will do that !

Blessedboy❤️ likes this.