1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The habit changer challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jan 10, 2019.

1. The goal of this challenge is to change your life completely by making it a habit to change tiny habits.

Everything you do needs a motivation and a trigger. The harder the thing is to do, the higher the motivation will need to be. On the other hand, if the thing is really simple to do, you will need almost no motivation. The only thing left then is a trigger in order for you to actually do it. If you let the trigger be that you do the thing directly after something else you already do, you can start developing new habits that will last for life.

The challenge is simple: You are going to start with 30 new habits that will into this frame: "After I ____, I will ____". That's it!

Examples:
    After I go up, I will make my bed.
    After I pee, I will do two push-ups.
    After I wake up in the morning, I will take 10 deep breaths at the balcony.

The challenge is not day oriented so feel free to add another habit whenever you feel like. When you have reached 30 habits you complete the challenge, however, feel free to hang around and add more habits if you feel like. Let it take some time for you to think about your habits, don't change everything at once. :)

The method above is described in this TEDx presentation:

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2019
  2. I'm in!

1: After I go up, I will take ten deep breaths at the balcony.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2019
    vxlccm, Rex salazar, Baldur and 2 others like this.
  3. Ender Atreides

Ender Atreides Fapstronaut

Good idea, well worded. Appreciate you making this challenge.

Ok, I'm in.

1. After I get up, I will get coffee and I will not go back to bed.

4. 2: After I pee at home, I will clean up two misplaced things in the bathroom.

vxlccm, Baldur and (deleted member) like this.
  5. That’s great! Welcome to the challenge :)

I just changed the rules a bit so you may want to read them again. I changed the number of behaviours from 100 to 30 and I made it clear you can continue adding habits here after you reach 30 if you like. Hope it works for you. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
    vxlccm, Liv4ever and (deleted member) like this.
  6. The new habit which i will try from tomorrow:
    After I got up in the morning, I will leave the bed as soon as possible & drink coffee instead of being there lying in bed & imagining sensual/sexual things....

Deleted Account and Baldur like this.
  7. That's great, welcome to the challenge!

3: After I enter the kitchen, I will tidy up one thing.

8. 4: After I have taken deep breaths at the balcony, I will review my life goals.

9. Giacomo

Giacomo Fapstronaut

I started this some days ago but I think it's good anyway.
    After I got up, I'll wait at least 20 minutes before switching on my phone and my pc.

vxlccm, Baldur and Force Majeure like this.
  10. frequentdogwalker

frequentdogwalker Fapstronaut

I started this about a month ago, but can use the support of this forum:
    I will not read internet news from any device. This keeps me from wasting work time, and helps me be productive. It also saves me from unnecessary distress over things I can't do much about anyway.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Baldur and Giacomo like this.
  11. frequentdogwalker

I will keep an alarm set on my cellphone to go off every night at 10 pm. When the alarm goes off, I will start getting ready for bed (walk the dog, brush and floss my teeth, refill my humidifier, etc.)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  12. diesel2256

diesel2256 Fapstronaut

Instead of watching TV / mindless youtube in the evening, I will read a book -- ordered a few a month ago and barely cracked them open.

13. This habit is extremely effective! By doing tiny things, like putting a spoon in the dishwasher, my whole kitchen gets cleaned up magically. :D:eek:

Deleted Account, Baldur and Giacomo like this.
  14. You may be interested in the no screen challenge for this. By having a deadline for when to stop using screens, everything else gets done naturally.
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-no-screen-challenge.185858/

Baldur, Giacomo and frequentdogwalker like this.
  15. frequentdogwalker

Whenever I bring home something new (other than consumables like groceries, toilet paper and paper towels), I will remove something I already have. This will help eliminate clutter.

Giacomo and Force Majeure like this.
  16. Ender Atreides

Happy to be here, thanks for the update.

2: After I get a strong urge, I will turn off my devices and read a book/stretch.

17. 5: After I put my head on the pillow, I will think about happy memories with my kids.

Baldur and frequentdogwalker like this.
  18. Ender Atreides

3: After I set a time to do something, I will stick to it, focus on it 100% and not make excuses or trick myself out of it

4: After I make a mistake, I will immediately recover from it and refocus on what's in front of me instead of getting caught up in it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  19. I know exactly what you are talking about - It's the procrastination in it's very core. I have been procrastinating a project of mine for quite some time now and I have just realised I drift away in other thoughts even after I try to focus my mind again. Working actively on getting back momentum.

20. frequentdogwalker

I followed my commitment to start getting ready for bed at 10pm last night. This was great! I got to bed earlier and took better care of my dental health than usual. Definitely worth keeping it up.

Baldur, Giacomo and Force Majeure like this.