1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to overcome urges when I'm home alone?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by primo19, Dec 6, 2018.

1. primo19

primo19 Fapstronaut

Hello.
    Yesterday in the night I have a really serious urge and after a streak of 6 days I nearly failed... Motivational quotes and thinking about a big picture of my overall victory helps me not to touch my genitals.
    I'm really proud of myself but in a next few days I will be absolutely home alone and I'm really scary about those urges... What you guys do when things gone bad and you're horny as fuck and home alone?

2. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

write a pros/cons list of relapsing or write a list of reasons that you are doing nofap for and every time you get an urge look at the list. Whenever you succumb to an urge you are not using the logical part of the brain but rather the emotional, so you just have to think about it logically.

primo19 likes this.
  3. Healed!

Healed! Fapstronaut

Early in recovery you cannot depend on willpower, but must have an escape plan. Where will you go when triggered? What will you do when urges come, instead of PMO?

primo19 likes this.
  4. Wet dreamz

Wet dreamz Fapstronaut

Do you workout? If not go for it!

primo19 likes this.
  5. Wet dreamz

Wet dreamz Fapstronaut

I do bodybuilding, it help me to keep my composure but I can't do it every day in high intensity.

primo19 likes this.
  6. Drock989

Drock989 Fapstronaut

dishes, laundry, clean the house, work in the garage, make a phone call, go to the gym, go for a run, honestly the list is literally endless, constantly prove to yourself that you are not weak, and you will not fail, and before you know it, your strong af!

primo19 likes this.
  7. jreacher2828

jreacher2828 Fapstronaut

Man keep moving at all costs. Early on it can be hard to rely on "thinking your way out". When those urges hit our reactions are so automatic. Don't be passive about it. Looking back at my many failings when I was tempted I would often just lay there and try to think of all my positive reasons or goals for quitting. But then i'd find myself picking up my phone and randomly browsing the internet. Google images was a pitfall for me. Temptations will be slick and sly, its almost as if I was tempting myself to fail. Like how far can I push this temptation (it feels so good) before i finally cave in. Get off your feet and pace around your room if you have to. Shout at yourself that you can do this! Get active in your motivation. Throw you phone down and stay away from your computer. Get out of your house if you have to. Failure is not an option! Be humble as well, you don't need to prove to yourself that you can take these urges. They are nothing to mess with. Stay in touch bro, we are all in this together. We need just as much help as you do.

8. HelplessPleaseHelp?

HelplessPleaseHelp? Fapstronaut

Read books, write, listen to music, compose a song, do whatever you can to be busy.
    Or instead, don't be home alone :D

primo19 likes this.
  9. bazilmdk123

bazilmdk123 New Fapstronaut

I'm struggling with the same thing

10. primo19

primo19 Fapstronaut

I know what you feel mate. After a few relapses I'm on a 14 days streak now, and my advice is that you need to keep your brain busy, don't think about NoFap, about your urges and possible relapse. Just keep enjoy basic shit in your life, because of NoFap your energy is higher and you have more motivation to live so just try new things in your life, talk to girls, read useful books, play some sports, hit the gym and build up the form, just use that inner energy to improve your life, don't use it to get a temporary pleasure that hit you for a second and then your life will sucked again... Just stay strong out there is a difficult process, but worth it.