1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

MSM powder for wet dream and semen leakage prevention

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Deleted Account, Jan 11, 2019.

1. MSM stands for Methylsulfonylmethane. It's chemical compound naturally found in green plants. It can be bought as a natural supplement. Some people use it for joint pain and it's also supposed to be good for nails, hair and reducing overall inflammation.

I found about this by stumbling on a reddit post by some user. He said he took up to 15g of MSM in combination with molybdenum (essential trace mineral) and vitamin c. It supposedly got rid of his wet dreams entirely. When he started taking pure MSM without vit c and molybdenum it stopped working.

Molybdenum makes sense because it helps body process sulfur, which is what MSM mainly is. It also is shown to be more effective in combination with water soulable vitamins, which vit c is, so that also makes sense.

I looked into it and it seems that MSM is some kind of muscle relaxer and is used for nocturnal leg cramps. A quote from a patent (I strongly recommend reading the whole patent, they claim MSM is supposedly good for everything haha):

Now what I'm thinking is that wet dreams are essentially just night cramps of the pelvic muscles, which is still in leg area. So if it's so powerful to prevent cramping of calves for people during night it would make sense that it also would prevent cramping of genital muscles during night.

There's really very little studies done on this as far as I can tell. But there are many implications and correlations and what not. I'm kind of curious and wanna try this out.

Edit:
    Latest update:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2019
  2. Bump! Nobody has tried this?

3. Fenston999

Fenston999 Fapstronaut

Never noticed it helped with wet dreams but took it for a year straight for health benefits. Take it, have nothing to lose really.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. interesting...
    I did started to do some leg exercises, and got some two dreams in one night.
    Will try this supplement over a one month and get back to you. Okay?

5. What dosage of MSM did you took? And did you combine it with water soluble vitamins and/or molybdenum? The usual recommended dosage is somewhere around 3 grams a day. That is very low compared to amount that is recommended for wet dream prevention: 15 grams of MSM a day. The high dosage is not an issue, from what I gather so far from my research on the internet. Assuming you do not take it for more than 3 months, on more than that data is not clear. Also it's supposedly works very little or not at all (for wet dream and semen leakage purpose) if not combined with vitamin C and molybdenum.
    Ok. I'm looking forward to your results!

It makes sense to get wet dreams after exercise. Since exercise builds tension and that tension needs to be released somehow. Especially if that tension is within pelvic region, which leg workout would target. Do you practice static stretching after exercising? That seems to be a good way how to dissipate some of that tension.

I'm probably gonna experiment on this MSM thing myself as well. @KeetsScrim is right, there seems to be many health benefits for MSM so have nothing to lose by trying it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2019
  6. Ok guys, so I have ordered some MSM, vit c in a form of calcium ascorbate and as well as Molybdenum. Gonna do this experiment. By the time it arrives I will be at 30 days nofap calibacy mode. My natural wet dreams tend to start at around 30 day mark so that's just in time. I will see whether I can reach 60 days without a wet dream which so far have't happened. I think my record is 30 or something. Using myself as a lab rat for now.

Even if it does nothing for semen retention at the worst case I will at least load up on sulfur, which is good for health for many other reasons:
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/11/28/sulfur-benefits.aspx
    https://naturallysavvy.com/eat/20-reasons-to-try-organic-sulfur/
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/msm-supplements

I will report the results.

7. Me as well. Old man takes it for his back. So I got some. But just had a wet dream... so I believe it takes time.

8. ASABOVESOBELOW

ASABOVESOBELOW Fapstronaut

I can't speak on the MSM, but Shisandra berries will help immensely also.

9. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

Never heard about it, interesting.

10. Yo! No dreams thus far... still to early to confirm but just checking in. Also less excercising my legs.

11. Ok, I'm also checkin' in. Just got my MSM in mail. I am practicing fasting now which helps against wet dreams a lot. I thought I will be finished with it by now but no, not quite yet. So I will not take MSM for a while until I am done with fasting and get back to my normal eating regimen, cos I don't want results of this little experiment to be falsely attributed to MSM when in fact it might be due to fasting. Once I've done with fasting in couple of weeks I will start MSM.

ASABOVESOBELOW likes this.
  12. So... in a sense, I can resume my leg exercises. Thus the job will be up to MSM. Cool. I'll give it another month to see. But so far really good.

13. Wildwidler'swallet

Wildwidler'swallet Fapstronaut

Actually, excersise has been the only thing I've found even remotely effective when it comes to nocturnal triggering. Interesting you should mention otherwise.

ASABOVESOBELOW likes this.
  14. ASABOVESOBELOW

ASABOVESOBELOW Fapstronaut

Avoid stimulating/warming foods in the evenings, and also try to sleep on your left side, with your legs crossed over one another (Taoist/Buddhist monk practise called "Slaying the White Dragon").

NamaClature14 likes this.
  15. Update! I have not forgotten about this experiment. Like I said above, I wanted to finish fasting first to not skew the results. The thing is that my water fast ended up lasting way longer than I planned. And after that I needed to refeed properly and let the body adjust back to normal levels. Plus I thought it would be useful to collect some data on frequency of my wet dreams, so I have something to compare to. So I have not been just wasting all this time. These are my wet dreams so far, without MSM powder supplementation:

Feb 2nd
    Feb 4th
    Feb 12th
    Feb 13th
    Feb 19th
    Feb 22nd
    Overall WDs in Feb: 6
    (Whole February was while fasting; no decrease in WDs.)

Mar 1st
    Mar 20th
    Overall WDs in Mar: 2
    (I did fast till March 12, after which I ate very little food at first during refeed period; it appears that fasting did help to lower my WD frequency, but most of the results were delayed.)

Apr 3rd
    Apr 6th
    Apr 9th
    Apr 19th
    Apr 22nd
    Apr 24th
    Overall WDs in Apr: 6
    (It took me rest of the March onward from 12th to slowly ramp up my food intake and finish my refeed after the water fast, so I started April fully back to normal eating regimen. That shows in increased frequency.)

So this is May now. I have started to supplement starting from May 1st. During this month I will ate regular meals and won't mess with extended water fasting to not skew the results. I have started to supplement with:

8 grams of MSM powder 2 times a day = 16 grams of MSM a day total
    890 milligrams of Calcium Ascorbate 2 times a day = 1780 milligrams a day in total
    1 milligram of Molybdenum Glycinate 2 times a day = 2 milligrams a day in total

MSM is supposed to be what's doing the work. Vitamin C and Molybdenum helps the body to better absorb and metabolize MSM. Will let this stuff to do the work and gonna check in to report an update in June.

@Loveless-J.R.A How about you man? You still taking it? What are your results?

NamaClature14 likes this.
  16. A small update 5 days in; had quite a sexual dream, but no WD, only some arousal. Normally so explicit scenes would cause a wet dream fast. Hard to tell if this is MSM yet or just coincidence, only been taking it for 5 days after all. But definitely out of ordinary for me to be this aroused in a dream without wetting bed. Makes me think that it is probably working! Maybe?

I also wanna leave a note here, for future reference, that so far my longest time on semen retention without a WD was 30 days, without the use of any supplements. And that's 30 days from just starting retention/nofap Hard Mode/full celibacy mode from freshly drained, so naturally takes some time to build up.

Longest time between two consecutive WDs during retention streak (again, without any supplements) was 19 days. And that's probably due to long water fast that I did, which helps.

As far as longest without the help of fasting, or any other supplements, was 10 days. I did repeat this record today again. So unless I have a new WD tomorrow, I will be breaking that record.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2019
  17. Cilicio

Cilicio Fapstronaut

[QUOTE = "010010010100000101001101, post: 1850861, miembro: 287878"] MSM significa metilsulfonilmetano. Es un compuesto químico que se encuentra naturalmente en las plantas verdes. Se puede comprar como suplemento natural. Algunas personas lo usan para el dolor en las articulaciones y también se supone que es bueno para las uñas, el cabello y para reducir la inflamación general.

Me encontré con esto al encontrarme con un post reddit de algún usuario. Dijo que tomó hasta 15 g de MSM en combinación con molibdeno (mineral traza esencial) y vitamina c. Supuestamente se libró completamente de sus sueños húmedos. Cuando comenzó a tomar MSM puro sin vitamina C y molibdeno, dejó de funcionar.

El molibdeno tiene sentido porque ayuda al cuerpo a procesar el azufre, que es lo que principalmente es MSM. También se ha demostrado que es más eficaz en combinación con las vitaminas solubles en agua, que es el vit c, por lo que también tiene sentido.

Lo busqué y parece que MSM es una especie de relajante muscular y se usa para los calambres nocturnos en las piernas. Una cita de una patente (recomiendo encarecidamente leer la patente completa, dicen que MSM es supuestamente bueno para todo jaja):

Ahora, lo que estoy pensando es que los sueños húmedos son esencialmente calambres nocturnos de los músculos pélvicos, que todavía están en el área de las piernas. Entonces, si es tan poderoso prevenir los calambres de las pantorrillas para las personas durante la noche, tendría sentido que también evitaría los calambres de los músculos genitales durante la noche.

Realmente hay muy pocos estudios realizados sobre esto, por lo que puedo decir. Pero hay muchas implicaciones y correlaciones y qué no. Tengo curiosidad y quiero probar esto. [/ QUOTE]
    Es como una castración química, cuando era adolescente me dijeron que la naftalina inhibia el deseo sexual

18. I'm not sure what you mean, I don't speak Spanish. Google Translate says that you translated my original post and added a line: "It's like a chemical castration, when I was a teenager I was told that naphthalene inhibits sexual desire" ...

I'm not sure, but I think calling this a "chemical castration" is a stretch. It might work similarly somewhat (all natural herbs work somewhat similarly to pharmaceutical drugs), but to compare it to a hard chemical like Naphthalene? I don't know about that...

This is a natural stuff found in green vegetables! It's processed food supplement! Kind of like protein powder, spirulina powder, BCAAs or Creatine powder. People take it for many health benefits (read the articles I shared in a post above). Naphthalene however is not meant to be ingested by humans at all...

19. Cilicio

Cilicio Fapstronaut

[QUOTE = "010010010100000101001101, post: 2034990, miembro: 287878"] No estoy seguro de lo que quiere decir, no hablo español. Google Translate dice que usted tradujo mi publicación original y agregó una línea: "Es como una castración química, cuando era adolescente me dijeron que la naftalina inhibe el deseo sexual" ...

No estoy seguro, pero creo que llamar a esto "castración química" es un tramo. Podría funcionar de manera similar (todas las hierbas naturales funcionan de manera similar a las drogas farmacéuticas), pero ¿compararlo con un químico duro como el naftaleno? No sé sobre eso ...

¡Esto es una materia natural encontrada en verduras verdes! Es un suplemento alimenticio procesado! Algo así como la proteína en polvo, la espirulina en polvo, BCAA o creatina en polvo. La gente lo toma por muchos beneficios para la salud (lea los artículos que compartí en una publicación arriba). Sin embargo, la naftalina no debe ser ingerida por humanos ... [/ QUOTE]
    la naftalina se usó en los closet para proteger la ropa. Para bajar la ansiedad del síndrome de abstinencia se puede colocar el pene en medio de los muslos y apretarlo suavemente hasta que el pene se relaje

20. Yes, I know that it is used for clothes. You however were implying that you were ingesting it to suppress sexual desire...
    WTF are you talking about you little gosh darn espanol diablo?! I don't wanna take my penis and squeeze it lol...

Stop trolling my thread... :emoji_unamused:

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2019