1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Gillette ad that people are rightly pissed about.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

They want USA to be a borderless country like many parts of Europe. And if the males are all Pussy Soyboys without guns they can do whatever they want.

2. Honestly I think most people want to be good and want to also see the good in other people and in the world and that is how ads like this work and why some people are defending the ad, because they don't want to believe that the message isn't just purely about being good. The ad is preying on people's natural inclination to see the good, to see themselves as good. But if that's the case for you, enjoy your Gillette razors! Which you can use to shave all the man-hair off your body!

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  3. This is really what it comes down to.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  4. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I've seen both.
    Men work hard (labor intensive) jobs and when they come home prefer to be left alone more often and don't want to "deal with children". I don't think weak men raise their children, however. Child rearing takes alot. I have seen military men and men in prison be away for long periods of time. My first husband just didn't want to have a girl, so he left and never looked back. So there is that. Men leaving for all kinds of reasons. You can't expect to be on the sidelines with kids. Men, more often than not, especially with boy kids, do treat them differently .. Then complain later. It starts really early as kids will mimic behavior before they will listen to a word you say.
    I thought the clip was good.

I know women have faults too and work long hours also... But I'm keeping this conversation to a masculine perspective.

People complain all the time but few ever stop and change the situation.
    I think if nothing else ,the ad showed that. And said "we are encouraging men, no matter what you believe, to be the best man you can be"
    And I think that's a good thing.
    It also applies to everyone.

5. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

So in other words, you wanna scold men too. Smh

6. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I know you're not trying to put words in My mouth..I said "People"

7. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

No one here has an issue with "becoming better". We have big issue with the blatant attack on masculinity and yeah I agree with others here that "rough housing" is good for developing young men. I would take it farther and suggest all young men should train in boxing with gloves, headgear and mouth pieces and spar.

8. Which thread?

9. Should girls train too?

10. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

No, but you mentioned keeping it to a masculine perspective.

11. So both boys and girls should roughhouse and train and roughhousing and training would be good for the development of both boys and girls?

12. Toomuchh

Toomuchh Fapstronaut

They didn't, that is hyperbole.

13. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

That "masculine perspective" reply was in direct response to MLMVSS. (who commented a direct question to me in reply to my post)
    It wasn't in my first post, which was a general comment to the thread and OP.

14. So what did the APA really do?

15. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

No, not with boys because boys are simply physically stronger.

MLMVSS and brilliantidiot like this.
  16. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

My dad taught me how to fight, my dad's dad taught him how to fight, etc. It really is a part of being male, learning how to defend yourself and your wife/kids. He would always say, never look for a fight but if you are in one you better win and this is how.....

MLMVSS likes this.
  17. I know... I was talking about roughhousing with other girls. So just to be clear, roughhousing and training should be an intrinsic part of feminine culture, tradition and upbringing and a requirement for girls just like it is for boys?

18. So why don't guys get up, defend themselves and fight back?

19. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Nah, I'm not an egalitarian. I dont try to make women do what guys do.

Deleted Account likes this.
  20. But women should learn to defend themselves right? Why can't they duke it out like guys? Why make it a guy only thing?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.