1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek talk anyone?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Garris Sherman, Sep 5, 2018.

1. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Enterprise has its moments quality television.

LEPAGE likes this.
  2. I was raised with voyager. When they put this on netflix, I binged watched the shit out of it lol. I liked it because the whole series was about this lost crew trying to find their way home. It's different too because it's set in the delta, not alpha. The delta quadrant is pretty much the ghetto of the galaxy. Almost everyone there is poor and constantly at it each others throats. I tried TNG and the original, but I couldn't really get into them. People bullied me in school for liking star trek and I felt really insecure about it so it became my guilty pleasure. Joke's on them now. Watching this show made me so much smarter. I really relate to the vulcans, too, being autistic.

KS1994 likes this.
  3. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

I’m rewatching the Voyager series currently. Just finished Think Tank. One of my top ten favorite Star Trek episodes.

LEPAGE and Deleted Account like this.
  4. My favorite is when tuvok mind melds with suder after he commits murder and the doctor has to suppress his ability to suppress his emotions. This is why vulcans invented their philosophy around logic. They would've killed each other without it. It's funny to me too because he sounds like a crazy Obama for a bit haha.

KS1994 likes this.
  5. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Oh yes that is a great episode and very disappointed they killed Suder off so soon. I felt he would have been a great source for future episodes. I was very interested of what he would have became if he wasn’t killed.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. I'm into ST, I've not seen them all but I like them all. Even the bad movies I still like. Some I like less and wont watch them but I appreciate them all.

I never finished all the original series, they were just too campy.

The new series is really good

7. bobross

bobross Fapstronaut

Here I am, outcast, loving Star Trek Enterprise and Cpt. Archer T_T May not be the best, but I was about 11 and stumbled one day on an interesting series on TV. Ahhh nostalgia :3 Watched almost everything since :D But the J.J. Abrams movies and Discovery...they are good sci-fi, but lack the spirit of Star Trek, to me they don't feel like belonging.

8. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! You don’t hate Klingons. Klingons hate you.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. I found it interesting to know that Vulcans were just like Klingons before they learned to suppress their emotions.

10. I HATE YOU.

(jking, but seriously, who can hate Klingons...?)

LEPAGE likes this.
  11. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    beam me up scotty

LEPAGE likes this.
  12. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Almost done with my third watch of all of Voyager again. Just finished up Workforce pt 1 and 2. God I fucking love Voyager. I’ve rewatched DS9 a few months ago and now I guess it’s on to TNG after this.

LEPAGE likes this.
  13. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

Favourite Star Trek Quotes? (Shut up Wesley doesn't count)

Mine:

You didn't ask the others why they came
    -I didn't have to, I look into their eyes and I know why they're here. They are Klingon warriors, here to answer the call of Kahless.
    (General Martock)

There is an old Vulcan proverb "Only Nixon can go to China".
    (Spock)

...he then ran through the promenade naked screaming, "We're all going to die! we're all going to die!".
    (Odo recalling the incident report for Morn's arrest)

No being is so important that he can usurp the right's of another
    (Captain Picard)

LEPAGE and gsherman100 like this.
  14. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

I have a lot but I will stick with this one for now. This one is from Voyager from the episode Muse that was spoken from Kelis the poet.

“They’ll realize that beneath your unfeeling exterior is a heart that’s breaking, silently, and in more pain than any of us can possibly understand, because that’s what iris to be Vulcan”

KS1994 likes this.
  15. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

Alright, I'll use another one to jump-start the thread.

It is possible to make no mistakes and still lose, that is no weakness, it is life.
    -Captain Picard

16. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

17. You lot are straight up fucking nerds.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  18. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Well I just finished Voyager again.
    Star Trek honestly is quite a great show and even in this day and age is pretty provocative. Am I nerd? Sure whatever. I guess I’m a nerd who also is a electrician, and plays the piano. I work with a bunch egotistical fucks where half of them haven’t even read a single goddamn book. So I can go on other threads and can argue religion vs atheism all day where nothing will change, Liberals vs Conservatives all day where nothing will change, or I can just simply post about Star Trek without bashing my head against a wall trying to get others to see my point of view over a social media platform which never works.

Yeup I think I’ll just stick to Star Trek.

19. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

My brother is on the last Dawson of DS9. Though I loved this show, I fucken cannot stand Ezri.