1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Veganism or omnivore?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by LonerWolf, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Coolyorky

Coolyorky Fapstronaut

Spot in Star Trek was a vegan?

2. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

Kudos to you if you can hunt and eat like bible stated but store meat sources are usually not good so if you are health conscious it's better to not eat meat.

3. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

I think Vulcans are Vegan, yes.

4. how is that common sense?

5. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

Mate are you flat earther too?

Deleted Account and Red Eagle like this.
  6. i could care less what shape the earth is

7. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

No with views like that I won't be surprised if u said earth is flat.

Deleted Account and Red Eagle like this.
  8. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

I explained it before.

Eating meat contributes massively to climate change and other environmental issues, is damaging to one's health and cruel towards animals. Besides, people have much better food options available which are also cheaper.

HegHeu likes this.
  9. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

W
    Exactly!!

Red Eagle likes this.
  10. how does meat effect climate change?, if thats the case the earth would be way more messed up because of the thousands of years of meat eaters. And its not cruel to animals because they cannot process what is happening, of course i dont think we should torture animals like the meat industry does, thats awful and they all need to pay for what they are doing, but killing animals quick and humanely is not bad.

11. views like what?, the fact that humans eat meat and God gave us permission to?, i could argue you are murdering plants because they are living things to but thats silly and i know meat and plants are here for food.

12. ccml

ccml Fapstronaut

Thank me later:

13. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Simple:
    In order for animals to grow to a size where we can slaughter them for food, they need to eat. In order to do that we destroy the amazonian rainforest and other parts of the rainforest around the world to grow food there that the animals can eat. In the end we only get about 10% of the calories back in the form of meat. The rainforest is essential for binding CO2 which, when in the atmosphere, acts as a greenhouse gas which in the long term causes increase of earths temperature. Adding to that, cattle, especially cows, produce methane which is a way more powerful greenhouse gas than CO2. Plus all the trucks that drive the animals to the slaughter house produce tons of CO2 and the shit cattle produces can damage natural water supplies and make them inappropriate for human consumption.

Animals can process what is happening. That's why in nature animals run away from danger and avoid pain. Some animals are even intelligent to a level where they can understand death. Elephants gow to special places when they die and they mourn the death of other elephants. Animals all have a central nervous system and thus can feel pain. --> Eating meat is wrong.

You can not kill humanely. Killing, in itself, is an inhumane act. Doesn't your bible say: "Thou shall not kill."?

They are here for their own purpose. We just happen to share a planet with them and are more Intelligent/more powerful than them. That doesn't mean we have to find the worst ways to produce food. Eating plants is better in every regard.

14. Wow. I'm at a loss of words for this post. Just... wow.

The first part of your post presupposes that global warming exists in the first place. No, it doesn't. As for eating meat being damaging to one's health, you don't understand the human body in the slightest, do you? Allow me to explain it to you.

Veganism is controlled malnutrition. We're not supposed to be eating vegetables.

This should be obvious since as children, the majority of people in that point of their life despised vegetables. Sure, they were children, but if there's one thing you can say about them, it's that children are NOT indoctrinated. They don't supress their instincts in favor for an asinine idea they've convinced themselves is true, not always.

To switch to a vegan diet, you're actually going to risk extreme damage to yourself because in the kind of world we live in, you must take life to have life. It's why the lion eats the gazelle and it's why WE have to eat them. One of them is brain damage. Many long-term vegans suffer from some of the following:

Bipolar disorder
    Chronic fatigue
    Depression
    Schizophrenia
    Stomach issues

And much more. Hell, upon request, I can link a video of a vegan sharing his thoughts about humanity. Spoiler: He ended up despising humans so much that he states he desires to stomp a baby to death if he ever saw one.
    Developed all because of the misguided notion that we should be eating plant matter. What may be baffling to some is that veganism is actually supported in the mainstream media as well as scientific authorities in the sense that veganism is actually healthy! Leaving parents who read these sources to believe that if their child decided to become vegan, they must support it. Without knowing that they are really grossly damaging the mental and physical growth of their child.

It should also be noted that many vegans like to argue by appealing to your emotions, which makes the entire stance of animal rights a logical fallacy, usually referred to as Argumentum Ad Passiones. Arguments should appeal to the mind, not the heart. Like you saying it's cruel to consume another animal.

Most people that start out vegan decide to completely cut out meat, usually because they saw some video on YouTube telling you meat is a horrible thing to eat or their friend decided to do it or some film about how animals are treated (which is an appeal to your emotions!) and in many cases, that's what tips a person off to go vegan. Yet one must beg the question of why do human beings have to justify themselves on eating meat when other animals (I use the term "other animals because human beings ARE animals) do not have to?

I could link a video right now of a group of lionesses ripping a pregnant pig open and eating her underdeveloped babies as well as her body. Why do we have to justify buying and eating a steak from the store, yet said lionesses don't have to justify devouring pig fetuses?

You understand that not even plants themselves are entirely "vegan", right? All energy in this world is recycled and meat, for example, is no exception. Animals are not the only creatures that eat meat. Plants do too. With the help of fungi, a tree can consume an animal carcass and use the nutrients it gets from the animal to help the tree grow stronger.

So for those of you who want to grow a tree, besides watering it and giving it plenty of sunlight, put a dead animal near it. It'll smell, but that tree will grow much stronger than it could've before.

New energy comes from our sun, but recycled energy comes from the animals built to digest plants, plants "eating" dead animals, and animals, LIKE US, eating animals. In order to capture and turn the energy from the sun into solid matter, plants stepped in and began capturing the sunlight in which they convert it into green matter. (I assume you learned about photosynthesis when you were a child)

In order to consume the energy of the sun in the form of plants, herbivores were created. Obviously, they eat primarily plants and in order for them to digest plant matter, they were equipped with a very special digestive system. Which is called the "rumen".

So to take a look at an herbivore, a fucking cow has four stomachs. It takes up a huge part of their digestive system and the rumen is filled with micro-organisisms. Bacteria, viruses, fungi, worms, etc, all sorts of creatures in their stomach. It is them that are the ones that break the grass the cow consumes down, not the cow itself. Obviously, human beings don't have this.

Because herbivores like the cow have micro-organisisms breaking down the grass for the herbivore, this only points to one simple fact: There is no creature in existence that can digest plants, above the micros.

Now in terms of leafy greens, human beings CANNOT digest and obtain energy from celluose. We don't even have the stomach nor the colon for that.

Let's look at the predatory digestive system. Which is a small stomach producing hydrochloric acid and pepsin, which can only digest meat, fish, milk, and eggs. Which is not only the stomach of human beings, it's the stomach of all varieties of dogs, from the yorkie to the wolf, and the stomach of all varieties of cats, from the housecat to the tiger and other related predators.

So when we chew and absorb plant matter, they do NOT get digested in the same way it would if we were to eat meat. It simply sits there. In order to actually help your stomach digest the plant matter, you'd have to chew the vegetable much more before swallowing, but many people don't. This is especially true in vegetables with high amounts of celluose, like the greens I mentioned. You ever felt a leaf? Celluose is a pretty tough material that the acid in your stomach cannot break down as easily as it can meat because you're not a herbivore. You don't have organisisms in your stomach to help you break down the plant as an herbivore would and you certainly wouldn't want to eat your own shit, now would you?

So in your example, let's say a person ate the following: One chicken breast, one egg, and a side salad. In this meal, the chicken and the egg (no pun intended) are being processed correctly while the little lettuce bits, cucumber, etc from the salad are simply sitting there in your stomach waiting.

And so the meat that was digested in the stomach is absorbed in the small intestines, yadda yadda yadda, everybody should know how that works. Why we eat flesh is to maintain the flesh. We've heavy muscles, heavy organs, a heavy brain and cell regeneration is happening all the time in the body and so meat is used to maintain your physical structure. All from animal foods exclusively. These foods obviously feed our bodies, build our bodies, maintain physical structure, and maintain the cell regeneration process in our bodies.

So what happens to the vegetable bits in your stomach? The undigested bits feed the gut flora in the bowel, specifically the fiber and the bulk of the starch in the veggie. As stated earlier, we cannot break these down. So instead of being digested properly by the stomach, it goes through the system entirely, goes through the intestine, and lands in your bowel. Which is basically our version of a rumen. In our bowel, there's microorganisisms such as bacteria and it is there, in the bowel, that said micros will work on the fiber and the starch and partially break it down, partially digest it, etc. And this is very similar to what happens in, say, a cow. BUT the herbivore's rumen is at the beginning of the digestive process, in which they can properly digest and absorb plant matter. In the human body, it's at the end of the digestive process when it's too late to absorb anything substantial.

So some things become absorbed from the veggie content in the bowel. Water, vitamins, short-chain fatty acids, etc, but NOT protein and fat to build and maintain your body. Not the building materials. The bulk of nutrition humans thrive on comes from animal foods, not vegetables.

Everything else that your body cannot absorb from the vegetable turns into bloating and gas, which is a clear sign of your body expelling something that shouldn't be in there in the first place.

THIS is why nobody should go full vegan and why I personally recommend limiting (but it's not necessary to completely cut it out) how many vegetables a person consumes.

Now since eating primarily vegetables is really bad for you, excluding the "too much of anything is bad" rule, then with the relationship it'd have to a meat based diet, it's worse than fully meat. Eating nothing but meat, especially a lot of it in one sitting without drinking enough water, can most certainly fuck up your kidneys like all hell. The only reason why vegetables are worse is because we have a predatory digestive system, which is not built to absorb nutrients from plant matter. Which is why I say 80/20. Mostly meat, few vegetables. Fruit's better since it's not a starch and it doesn't contain the same estrogen-like chemicals that plants do.

You're arguing from the stance of suffering when suffering is completely irrelevant to the discussion here. You think the alligator cares when it tears a new hole in the zebra that was trying to cross its territory?

Explain to me why human beings have to justify eating meat when other carnivores don't even though human beings have a digestive system completely similar to carnivores and NOT herbivores. We're barely omnivores. Sure, we can consume fruit as stated earlier, but we cannot survive on a primarily fruit based diet. Some form of protein needs to be added in and red meat is the best source of that for the human body.

In closing, here's a video showing firsthand what long-term vegans are really like. No asinine science being thrown at you, just simply look at these people and tell me that veganism is a healthy diet.

Shit, even the thumbnail should be raising some red flags.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2019
    Retentionman and Deleted Account like this.
  15. thou shoult not murder and it is not refering to animals because in genesis it says we can eat them.

16. This entire post hinges on CO2 being detrimental for the environment, so let's take a look at carbon dioxide. You state that carbon dioxide is a very bad gas to be putting out constantly.

Let's see what plants breathe: Carbon dioxide.

It can't be one or the other. Since we understand that plants need carbon dioxide to survive, if anything, we should be trying to produce as much carbon dioxide as we can because in return, they'd give us way more oxygen!

Let's assume carbon dioxide is bad for the environment at all. Volcanoes release huge amounts of toxic gases into the air, including your beloved carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, hydrochloric acid, and carbon monoxide. Understanding that these gases and acids are extremely detrimental for the environment (excluding carbon dioxide, but let's pretend it is) and that there's 1,500 volcanoes that have been found (more may exist) and that they're all supposedly millions of years old as well as their eruptions forming completely massive clouds which accumulate in the air, the Earth would've burned eons ago. Yet you're trying to tell me it's something we should still be concerned about now.

You really should look into the 1970s climate change predictions. Many of the "scientists" you follow state in that time that Arizona was going to be so hot, it would be uninhabitable and New York would be drastically cold. None of these predictions ever come to fruition. You're no better than a Christian blindly believing Jesus is coming back. (no offense to Christians, I'm just pointing out the religious connection)

17. ccml

ccml Fapstronaut

Yes, just watching the thumbnails I can see it's overly tendencious. Should I make a video gathering omnivore people with anorexia and other sorts of eating disorders?
    You can cherry pick anorexic vegans, I can cherrypick unhealthy omnivores, and here I cherrypick some random vegan bodibuilder:

We can cherrypick studies, too. There are many scientific studies on the benefits of a plant-based diet. There are others against. I'm no nutritionist, but can say from my experience that I'm feeling much better after going vegan. No acne, no asthma, no chronic drowsiness whatsoever. I'm also quite sure I have less risk of having heart disease, diabetes and some types of cancer. I exercise lightly, and I'm fit. And no, we don't have "a predatory digestive system", no biologist, whatever his eating habits are, would ever hold such an argument. We evolved to be able to digest meat, but we can do without it with excellent results.

I hope you find some peace, bro.

ClaritySeeker likes this.
  18. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...FjAAegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw0_9QTFvu4VO_Azc6DuGUuZ
    Never supported vegans as most vegans are delusional. But vegetarians are different in India brahmins upper caste never ate meat and Hinduism is one of the oldest religions and most brahmins are regarged as knowledgeful beings having knowledge of all religious scriptures. They are normal human beings not like those delusional vegans . Nothing is wrong in eating meat in small quantity average Americans consume way too much meat. No one should eat meat daily cause most meat source are bad. Chicken are grown early with hormone injections and high level of antibiotics.
    Animals eat meat too but what's their hunt frequency? They don't get to eat meat daily and they unlike us eat to live. And their meat source is not adulterated like us.No animal is fat what about average american? Animals have their animals ways to cope they have high energy demands thus eat meat.. But us are we still living in caves hunting animals? Most of us sit and die. Thus I am a vegetarian by choice not cause I hate meat.

ccml likes this.
  19. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

Mate one can fill an empty pot but yours is filled with "the bible". No knowledge can enlighten u if u resist to change.

20. ccml

ccml Fapstronaut

Not a religious myself, but I don't think there's any passage in which God says that thou shalt not be vegetarian or vegan, nor thou shalt support factory farming. That's your decision to take based on your morals and worldview.