1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

long wait

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by karla, Feb 17, 2015.

1. karla

karla Guest

Hi, on day 6 into reboot led me to reflect on how long would it take to see noticeable positive results.
    I've been sweating profusely, trembling, and fighting temptation to M. Some questions for veteran fapstronauts.

How long one should endure before withdrawal symptoms subsides??

How long compulsive masturbation addicts should wait to start dating again?
    Suggestions invited.

2. mijereah

mijereah Fapstronaut

There is no telling. It's different for everybody. I started getting withdrawals around Day 45 on my last reboot.

3. Just find better things to do. If you think you're going to win a war of attrition with your libido, you're mistaken. This challenge is beaten by finding fun, mentally and physically challenging and stimulating things to do, not by waiting out the storm...

4. Yanneck

Yanneck Fapstronaut

Hi Karla! I also believe that it's about how deep you can reach within your self when making the decision. I mean, I was literally hitting the bottom emotionally when I came to the conclusion that it's P and M and twisted imagination that are ruining my relationship and adding to my misery. Somehow, that pain helped me to change the thing even on a subconscous level, I think - I really, REALLY quit. And since then, there have been no storms to wait out, no great urges to overcome, at least so far. That's my experience, maybe it can help you, too. I definitely hope so!

And as for your second question: I believe the sooner you find someone you truly love, the better for you. In the better case, you'll love that person and you'll want to change also because of him/her. In the worse case (which is still good, though), the addiction will eventually start ruining your relationship and the fear of losing him/her will urge you to change yourself as well.

Good luck and stay strong!