1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Today I sinned!

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

Remember there's a difference between temptation and sin. (.....lead us not into temptation....we pray)

And it is impossible to avoid all sin. We are born sinners, and only Christ can redeem us for that sin.

You are right, it's very easy to succumb to temptation and sin. Like someone told you in an earlier reply....avoid that situation in the future. "if your eye causes you to sin.....then....."

2. Nice talk, but what's up with your profile pic? Poseidon?

I don't agree with the shame and guilt thing.
    Maybe I missunderstood you.
    But if you cheat on your wife who did everything for you and you don't feel shame and guilt, something is wrong with you. Same goes for God.
    If you remorsefully repented and still insist feeling shameful and guilty, then that's a different story.

Beside of that I agree with you.

3. SpiritfilledBeastmode

SpiritfilledBeastmode Fapstronaut

Thank you brother... All of this checks out with the Word. I will be praying and meditating on this wisdom you've given.

4. Gutosilva20

Gutosilva20 New Fapstronaut

Jesus dude you could’ve got laid, that’s your sin and u missed

5. Kyle Kennedy

Kyle Kennedy New Fapstronaut

Great thread! I'm going to use this as motivation onwards.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. You are quite inspiring !I really admire how you deal with things ! Well done!

7. Thank you, brother. God bless you and guide you into all Truth.

8. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Wow. This post reminds me of what an incredible mindfuck religion is. You shoulda fucked her.

David stone likes this.
  9. Muhahaha.
    Today, I styled myself a little bit because I had an important meeting and the respect I get through that doubles and tripples. Otherwise, I'd not care about my appearing as long as I am clean.
    This girl and I left the building together and she wanted to stay longer with me but I could not.
    And guess what, I did not lust!
    What a bad guy I am.
    How terrific.
    Jesus is the Way to go.

10. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Whatever floats your boat man. Enjoy your hand. (No offense)

11. Ajar

Ajar Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Bro, fuck any creed that tells you your biological impulse is impure. How is it impure? it brought you into this world. I used to do the same thing. But why should you feel depressed, and guilty? The only thing that used to bother me was that I did not act, and actually get to be with the girl.

Look you got two options, either go all in, or all out. There's no midground. Either you're going to have sex, or not. If you want sex, then go for it. If not, then don't lament about what could have or could not have happened. Why kill yourself? Why give yourself depression?

12. PathOfReform

PathOfReform Fapstronaut

Are you married/in a relationship with someone?

You're only human, cut yourself some slack. You're taking it to an extreme level, which is not healthy. This is beyond just controlling yourself, it's beating yourself over having natural feelings towards a woman you find attarctive, which is as natural as it gets.
    Back in the day, great kings and characters in the Bible had many women and practically slept with all of them whenever they felt like it.

Just because you don't have a thousand wives to help you relieve stress whenever you get a boner, doesn't mean it's wrong having these thoughts. You're not hurting anybody.

I'm tired of people intreperting life as a test instead of as a gift. As long as you're a good person, help and respect others and help make this place a better world, I doubt that God is going to punish you, his own creation, over some thoughts that are completely natural to you, the human that he created.

Ajar likes this.
  13. You guys are spiritually blind and very, very, very bad counselors. Extremely bad.
    Just few years ago, I was even struggling to talk to autists online because I was that depressed. Jesus set me free like the Saviour and King He is and I'm so relaxed and focused at the same time that the CEO and CFO from the quite big and known institution I'm working for immediately showed respect.
    No, I won't use my hands, very soon, I'll be abstained one year from it.
    With that logic, I'd rather pick up a random girl on the street.
    So, a very, very bad advice. Extremely bad.
    I won't act on your worldly understandings as no one should.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2019
    Deleted Account and Yep u do like this.
  14. Except for the part about Jesus (may peace be upon him), I support u at 100%. Dont listen to these evils advices.

15. Again, may His Peace be upon you.

16. 16. And mention in the Book (the Qur'an), O Muhammad ( the story of) Maryam (Mary), when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing east.
    17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our Ruh [angel Jibrael (Gabriel)], and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects.
    18. She said: "Verily! I seek refuge with the Most Beneficent (Allah) from you, if you do fear Allah."
    19. (The angel) said: "I am only a Messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son."
    20. She said: "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?"
    21. He said: "So (it will be), your Lord said: 'That is easy for Me (Allah): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allah), and it is a matter (already) decreed, (by Allah).' "
    22. So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place (i.e. Bethlehem valley about 4-6 miles from Jerusalem).
    23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date-palm. She said: "Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!"
    24. Then [the babe 'Iesa (Jesus) or Jibrael (Gabriel)] cried unto her from below her, saying: "Grieve not! Your Lord has provided a water stream under you;
    25. "And shake the trunk of date-palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe-dates upon you."
    26. "So eat and drink and be glad, and if you see any human being, say: 'Verily! I have vowed a fast unto the Most Beneficent (Allah) so I shall not speak to any human being this day.'"
    27. Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: "O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariya (an unheard mighty thing).
    28. "O sister (i.e. the like) of Harun (Aaron) [not the brother of Musa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."
    29. Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"
    30. "He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;"
    31. "And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me Salat (prayer), and Zakat, as long as I live."
    32. "And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest.
    33. "And Salam (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"
    34. Such is 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). (it is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute).
    35. It befits not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son [this refers to the slander of Christians against Allah, by saying that 'Iesa (Jesus) is the son of Allah]. Glorified (and Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). When He decrees a thing, He only says to it, "Be!" and it is.
    36. ['Iesa (Jesus) said]: "And verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him (Alone). That is the Straight Path. (Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism which He did ordain for all of His Prophets)." [Tafsir At-Tabari]
    37. Then the sects differed [i.e. the Christians about 'Iesa (Jesus)], so woe unto the disbelievers [those who gave false witness by saying that 'Iesa (Jesus) is the son of Allah] from the meeting of a great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection, when they will be thrown in the blazing Fire).
    19. Surah Maryam (Mary)
    I wish u to read it one day...

17. I read its translation when you were like 12. Before that I had been reading it multiple times in a language I did not understand like a maniac since I had been a kid.

Proof or it didn't happen.

Yep u do likes this.
  18. I didnt understood too when i was a kid and i left too. Then i found the truth by myself, using my reason. Maybe you have bad memories about Islam from ur childhood but you need to think about it again as an adult now. If u tell me that u read arabic and u didnt understand and it was boring annyoing, I say yes u are right, smne had to explain you why you have to read arabic, and smne had to teach you the meaning of it. So you were already smart at a young age, u wanted to understand, not to follow blindly something illogical. So now as an adult how can u follow a religion where 3=1. What happened to your critical analysis. Somethings are beyond our reason and we cant undersand it so we have to follow guides blindly, but when it contradicts the reason then u cant follow it, except if you shut down your logic/reason but for how long?
    A video that i like because this guy is full of logic and objectivity

Wake up my brother !

19. First of all, I left islam when I was around your age. I don't need to talk about reasoning, I'm a programmer and my applications and DB evaluations usually work.
    Nonetheless, I don't trust religion or my own brain but the Spirit.
    Go ask allah to reveal himself,
    and then ask Jesus to do the Same.
    And then make a decision.

20. U can be logical at ur job and illogical in something else. I dont know a lot about programmation but if u type 1=3 it wont work correctly. What is this thing that u call spirit?
    Why would I ask God to reveal Himself? I already have a book of truth where He explains everything.
    When Moses came to our appointment and was spoken to by his Lord he said: “My Lord, enable me to see You.” He said: “You shall not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it remains steady, you shall see Me.” When his Lord manifested Himself to the mountain He turned it into dust, and Moses fell down in a swoon. When he regained consciousness he said: “Glory be to You! I repent to You, and I am the first of the believers” (7.143).
    And why would I ask a human, a Messenger sent to the old jews (Jesus may peace be upon him), to do something for me?
    Or maybe u are talking about this weird man with long hair that u invented as a god. Now science says that Jesus looks like this type of man https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a234/1282186/
    U see the problem with your religion is that there is 0 logic so my reason tells me that this is a human made religion full of false and mistakes. I dont really wanna follow it. And i am not even sure that u can find a verse in Bible where Jesus claimed to be God and asked you to worship him.