1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to not sleep when studying?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Zillion, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Zillion

Zillion Fapstronaut

I agree that i don`t get enough sleep over all. I`ve been working extra hours, hence im so determined to score better in my academics.

the case is i used to get dizzy or sleepy, when studying more than 3-4 hours, often sleep in chair itself.

how to prevent such lazy behavior, also how long an average man should sleep?
    is there any health benefit for taking naps in between of studies?

also is that healthy to awake more than 18 hours a day with no sleep in middle?

2. You are traveling down the dangerous path of sleep deprivation, stay healthy man.

You are well rested if and only if you wake up naturally, with no alarms, on time. Make the changes in your life to achieve this behavior.

Don't rely on scientific papers and national averages to determine your individual needs, that is what people do when they can't think for themselves.

3. I fell asleep while studying quite a bit in the college’s library back in the day. Drooled on a lot of text books too!

Hey if your body needs sleep I say get it when you have a chance.

Sleep deprivation is no joke.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Dave16

Dave16 Fapstronaut

Read Sleep by Nick Littlehales.

That book has enabled me to see sleep in a different way and adopt a routine.

5. My advice is to study two hours, take a 30 minutes nap to refresh, then study another two hours, or after work take a 30 minutes nap and study for 4 hours in a row. I find it very hard to study more than two hours in a row so I usually go two hours with a 30 minute break then another two. I regularly studied 8 hours a day using this method. I recommend you sleep for at least 7.5 hours uninterrupted, if you can't then try to get at least 7 and take a 30 minute nap between study sessions.

6. Zillion

Zillion Fapstronaut

I won`t intentionally sleep late, but the thing is I couldn`t go to bed on time, I get distracted by some other random works and commitments.

I would like to form a sleeping habit of getting up early and going early to bed.

Please do share your thoughts regarding that if you have any!

7. 4DCreator

4DCreator Fapstronaut

Fucking up your sleep is a very dangerous path. Sleep is one of the most important things we need as humans. If you are able to have at least 6 hours of sleep (full 6 hours) so you are going to sleep after 17 and half hours to give yourself half hour to fall asleep, it should be ok for some certain period. But sleeping deprivation can fuck up your life so badly that your university and money you have saved will be good for nothing. Keep that in mind.

8. My best advice would be to turn off your smartphone and all computer electronics 1 hour before your bedtime. These devices are extremely distruptive to your natural rhythm.

I also recommend not taking naps during the day longer than 30 minutes, and I would recommend not taking naps anytime after 2pm.

When you get well-rested, your quality of work increases, which is much more important than quantity. Sleeping for 8 hours, and then studying for 5 throughout the day is FAR better than sleeping for 5 hours, and studying for 8 hours throughout the day. When you are well rested, your mind is sharp and absorbs and processes information more efficiently. When you are tired, you will find yourself spending much more time learning concepts and solving problems.

Best of luck!

9. I have been practising for quite a while now and i think i could help.
    1)Have a light dinner/supper.
    2) Go to sleep 2 hours after dinner.
    3) Set a reminder to go to sleep half an hour before your time of sleep.
    4)Don’t set an alarm. Instead hold a pillow or a blanket tightly and chant the time you have to wake up for a minute.(Trust me, it works spot on). If u have doubts on this method use an alarm as a backup. Keep practising it daily and it’ll work.
    5)When you wake up in the morning immediately drink a full glass or more of water and wash your face with cold water.

This would freshen up your body and you could carryon.
    The reminder part is for you to remember that you have to sleep on time and it is also your priority.
    I am following this method for a long time and i can assure you it’ll improve your sleep quality.
    Also the best time of sleep would be 10:00 pm to 5:00 am.

10. Recharge any batteries that are at 20% charge or lower.