1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

whats your belief?

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

your belief

1. theist

33 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. atheist

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. agnostic

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

here belief means .......your view on God
    do you believe in him or not
    are you agnostic atheist believer
    and explain why you think like that

2. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Christian. I'm convinced, based on my experiences, experiences of others, and history that Christianity is perfectly true.

3. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Good

brilliantidiot likes this.
  4. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

Watch this from start to end:

u376 likes this.
  5. Are the laws of nature generated by a computation (Δ) that's the same or similar to what happens in our brains? That's an interesting question. Probably the second most interesting question ever (can you guess the first one?).

But the reality is that nobody is equipped to even begin answering that question today. Still, people pretend that they know. And many go even further and suggest that they know the inner workings of Δ. Cray cray.

Because I do not know what the answer is - nobody knows - I'd call myself agnostic. But unfortunately the term agnostic is often misunderstood as being uncertain whether some religion is true or not. That's not my case - it's clear to me that all religions are fictional. Considering that, I tell people I'm an atheist when asked.

u376 likes this.
  6. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Here is something for you to think about: (I am not asking for a response or an argument, its just some brain food)
    "To deny God in a godless universe, you would have to think in your mind that an intelligent designer did not create your mind to think. If life happened because of a chemical accident and dumb luck, how can you justify your thinking, reasoning, and logic to know if it is right or wrong, when you have no justification for thinking, reason, logic, or anything at all? Because in your worldview, thinking is nothing more than a chemical reaction in the brain that is similar to mixing baking soda and vinegar and watching it react. The result is just a byproduct of fizzing that reacts along the synapses of the brain, which means that your mind does not think—all it does is fizz. Without God, you can think, but you cannot account for thinking, nor do you live in a way that makes thinking intelligible in your worldview.

Here is a reality check for you Sir: You cannot honestly deny the existence of God (ie. dioti gnontes ton theon, cf. Rom. 1). If you believe that an eternal, supernatural, and infinitely knowing God does not exist, then you would have to be an eternal, supernatural person who possesses infinite knowledge in order to justify if anything eternally or supernaturally exists. This is clearly self refuting, since you claim to not believe in an eternal, supernatural, and infinitely knowing God. In a godless universe, life originated by chance permutations, and human beings are nothing more than pond scum that developed itself into a self-replicating cell. Therefore, when you deny the existence of God, your arguments are nothing more than chemicals reacting over time or matter in motion."

Deleted Account, Liv4ever and u376 like this.
  7. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I can understand
    Sometimes it's seems hard to believe in God
    But still you look at the teachings of him
    Then you will realize he is right for our betterment
    For example every religion warns us to avoid lust anger greed
    And sure they are root cause of sufferings

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Trying to convert me will almost surely not work. I've read more than enough of this, trust me.

The problem with arguments like this is that they appeal on intuition in a problem where you wouldn't expect intuition to work well at all. "It's just chemistry". So what? Physics and chemistry control every process from fertilization through spaceflight. Physics and chemistry beat us in math, DotA 2 and (soon) driving. Is it really so hard to imagine that physics and chemistry govern our thought as well?

Also, if you could prove that your thinking is consistent, you would know it's not. See Second incompleteness theorem

9. Perhaps, but do you really need a religion for that?

plusscientist likes this.
  10. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Yes I think I need religion to told me
    Because experiencing all those mistakes by myself is scary and risky
    So religion warns us before

11. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Guys you know yesterday I was very angry on god
    But it didn't mean I am denying his existence
    But I thought that I should believe in myself and be more practical rather than relying on god all the time
    For me god is a relationship
    And in every relation there is ups and downs
    But the problem is the communication is one sided
    I think most of the atheists are filled with anger towards God

12. Amen to that!

brilliantidiot and u376 like this.
  13. If physics and chemistry govern our thoughts then we don't have free will... right?

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. I’m a Christian, why? because I was brought up one and I owe my life to my faith because religion gives me something to live for when I was at my most broken point in life my religion kept me from ending it for me it’s like if I was to end my life I would would suffer more in the after life then the current suffering I was going through, and it gives me a wonderful place to go when I die, it helps me know my flaws and I try to improve myself if I didn’t have a religion I would be truly terrified of death fear of an emptiness of no longer existing heaven gives me hope.

u376 likes this.
  15. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

16. Well, what is free will? Is it harmed by us potentially being able to predict the future? Is it even possible to predict the future? Quantum mechanics will tell you that a particle is somewhere by giving you an infinite amount of complex numbers - is that limiting our free will?

The answer to all these questions is that I have absolutely no clue.

17. no one knows what thoughts are made of.

18. Yeah, fair enough, good questions... I have no idea either.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  19. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

It goes down all the way to quantum physics too. While all electrons of an element atom rise to the same energy state from the same wavelength of light, how the electrons return to that ground state differs. Sometimes they immediately go down, while other times they gradually lower themselves to different energy shells. It seems dependent on the atom and electron itself. It gets to the point where it’s not known why they do this. Could it be due to the intelligences found throughout the universe? Philosophically, I’d say yes.

plusscientist, u376 and Coffee Candy like this.
  20. Infinite spirit

Infinite spirit Fapstronaut

I'm a pantheist or a nondualist . God is existence itself .

ImpureHuman and u376 like this.