1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Putting others down to feel good, is a bad strategy

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Troels. L, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Troels. L

Troels. L Fapstronaut

I had a conversation with a girl and an idiot of a guy, who I'd better off without, he makes fun of everyone to make himself bigger. Actually me and a girl were discussing movies, and we kept talking and everytime I made a comment about a movie, he felt the need to put it down, at the time omg, it was annoying, I wanted to punch the guy in the face really. Now I feel sorry for that guy, it's like a drug. Instead of looking what to improve about yourself, he has chosen to make up for his inadequacies by putting others down. I learned a lesson today. He is not going to get a good life staying on this course, and I sort at look at him with glee.
    Again I need to be aware of my own shortcomings and not pointing fingers at him. I wanted to share my frustration :) Thank you

Deleted Account and horny nerd like this.
  2. a lot of people are like that sadly, only thing you can do is not be like that and strive to be a better person, be the example you want others to learn from.

3. Someone who does that has REALY LOW SELF ESTEEM and is trying to act big to compensate for his feelings of not being enough, so he acts out to feel better and convince people he is someone when inside he feels he is nothing.
    By the way that was a really good overall post you made

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2019
    Troels. L likes this.
  4. Troels. L

Troels. L Fapstronaut

Thank you, I like you pointing out he is insecure :)

Deleted Account likes this.