1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Monday: 38/60
    Tuesday: 0/60 - bummer!

My server crashed just when I was going to go to bed. I had to reboot it and try to solve the problem before I went to bed. My deadline is at 22:25 and I stopped using my computer at 22:38, so falling back to zero again. However, a streak of 38 days is a new record so I am quite happy anyway. :)

@Actinism , keep rocking! :emoji_metal:

@Rising Force , why do you think your sleep doesn't improve? Is it something that keeps you from falling asleep, like other family members, thoughts, etc?

2. It was tempting to start ignoring this challenge - at least for a while - but I didn't, which is great.

It happened again last night. I think I went in bed around 22:45 (screen deadline at 9pm was met), and I might have been awake still two hours later. I realized to get up and read for a while after midnight. That helped. I think it's just my busy mind at the moment which is keeping me awake. It has taken time previously as well for the sleep to improve. And I had a few slip ups last week with this challenge anyway, so I'm not too worried about it.

Force Majeure likes this.
  3. Actinism

Actinism Fapstronaut

0/30

I stayed until 22pm on my IPad although my deadline is 21:30pm so I’m gonna start again!

4. Screens turned off at 9pm. Getting sleep was better, but I kept waking up a few times.

5. I am definitvely in tried for one day and slept like a baby can't even remember the last time i slept this well. Deadline 19:00 Day 1/30 and thank you @Force Majeure for this challenge

6. Hey, 7pm deadline sounds awesome!

7. Actinism

Actinism Fapstronaut

8. That's a great deadline for sure! What are you going to do in the evening, are you planning to read a lot of books, work out, meditate, etc? I am getting curious :D

9. Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2019
  10. On time again.

You are a master challenger! But I'm happy to say that phone use is not an issue for me.

11. Actinism

Actinism Fapstronaut

I‘m going to set my deadline for weekend to 11pm as it‘s way easier for me.

12. Actinism

Actinism Fapstronaut

13. I was reading a book on my computer and finished a chapter at 21:05.

I realized I was lacking something from this challenge, as I wasn't getting that much better sleep or that much more productive days. The problem - and the difference to previous times - was that I wasn't waking up early. Making your evenings distraction free combined with waking up early is the thing. That's what sets the structure of your days just right. And it happens pretty naturally, in fact.

So, for this morning I set my alarm for 6am, which isn't even very early, but it immediately created a great start for my day.

14. 4/60

That's great you've found the secret recipe that works for you. You are probably very right as well, if you don't wake up early then you probably have too much energy left when the night comes. Since I already go up early I haven't actually thought so much about this. However, it really took many years for me to find my secret formula but at least I have found it now: my deadline is at 22:25 and I go to bed a few minutes after that if not earlier, then I wake up by myself, more often than not, before 06:00.

15. Yes, that's what really happens. And one mechanism through which it can happen is, if there is ambiguity about when you're going to get up. Then you're probably going to get up a little later.

16. One thing that I've been wondering about is how you can get sleep so soon after your deadline.