1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

whats your belief?

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

your belief

1. theist

33 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. atheist

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. agnostic

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Maybe you have a wrong image on Christianity.

2. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

This is probably the nicest thing any atheist have ever said to me. God bless you.

3. I don't care if people think I'm a heretic because I consider myself to be one and anyway you can't know what will do or say you're not God.

Have you seen @kropo82 going around screaming that God doesn't exist?

kropo82 likes this.
  4. SolitaryScribe

I don't know who that is.

5. He's an atheist on this forum. If you look through his posts you'll see he doesn't go around screaming at the Christians on here. Do you see Alexander go around shouting at Christians on here? He's an atheist you know.

Here's another example of an atheist who doesn't scream at Christians:

I'm not an atheist but I think you're being unfair to atheists. You will find plenty of Christians who scream at people who disagree with them. The Christians on this forum are a lot more nastier than the atheists on here. The majority of people who've attacked me on here have been Christians [only one atheist has attacked me and he's been banned].

6. Agnostic. I have no clue if there is a god, gods, afterlife, etc... and I do not pretend to know. The idea of heaven sounds nice. Archaic dogma doesn't appeal to me. An eternity of hellfire and torment sounds a little excessive even for the most evil of people. I see religion as a coping mechanism to get people through the day and make them feel comfortable with mortality.

7. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

God's GRACE is greater than 'religion'.

Christian Fox likes this.
  8. SolitaryScribe

You're giving me specific people as examples. I don't know who these people are, but when I say atheists I don't mean ALL atheists, I mean a large majority of them.

9. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I'm Jewish.

u376 likes this.
  10. Superman25

Superman25 Fapstronaut

Well, aren't we all... Every one has a spiritual need that needs nurturing... In fact, the Bible says that being conscious of that spiritual need would make us happy. I am very interested in God and the natural universe. You just can't separate them. Nature reveals God. Science shouldn't separate us from God, but should draw us close to him. Seeing the order and complexity of nature shows that we are here for a reason, not due to some random catastrophic anomaly such as the Big Bang. Our spiritual need is something we don't see in animals...Its only humans that do.

11. Superman25

Superman25 Fapstronaut

I totally agree with you bro...im not agnostic, by the way...I almost was, but as a scientist, I just couldn't dodge the question of God... Evidence of a Creator's hand in nature was overwhelming. The DNA, the human body, the precise laws of physics, the chemical elements and the like. I believe heaven is the spirit realm, the dwelling place of God and other spirit beings... A place that is supernatural and therefore cannot be explained by science. Heaven is for the spirits and the Earth is our home... I don't know why people want to go there though. Most of them haven't given it much thought as to what they would do there. Hell is just 100 shades of wrong. It doesn't fit with the personality of a Wise creator, since eternal torture is excessively sadistic, even from a human standpoint. People should keep observing the natural world. That's how you would discover God's existence. Evolution is just a theory and it's something that doesn't have proper footing in the foundations of biology and science

12. These don't fit together, chief

13. Superman25

Superman25 Fapstronaut

Are you saying that it's almost stereotypical for a scientist to believe in evolution? Well, I believe in unwavering evidence and truth and evolution doesn't provide that... It just doesn't explain the origin of life... Im sorry if that bothers you.

14. It's generally expected, yes
    I'm sure you do. *pause for sarcasm*
    Oh it's wrong then. Thanks for the info. Off we go to rewrite textbooks.
    Correct. It isn't supposed to do that, as I'm sure you know.
    Nothing bothers me. I was simply pointing out that you're not very good at lying.

15. Imagine worshipping the Creater of a universe in which children are raped.

What a grim way to live your life.

16. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Now try imagining a world where you're a brainless robot without free-will.

17. Done.

Now imagine you're a Japanese Elvis impersonator living in Tokyo.

18. Superman25

Superman25 Fapstronaut

A generally accepted belief doesn't make it a fact. It was a generally accepted belief that the earth sat on two elephants, or that the earth is the center of the cosmos. And I'll still say it again: I believe in unwavering evidence and truth...you can keep your sarcasm to yourself ...It's funny when people think that most scientific facts cannot be subject to scrutiny and be altered...And so what if a textbook is rewritten to provide accurate information... It's been done before and countless times...The "adherents" of the theory of evolution and the Big Bang constantly argue and disagree everyday on the validity of the theory...Because you just see it in a textbook today, doesn't mean that it won't be changed tomorrow. Evolution basically presents itself as biology's "Book of Genesis". What do you think the experiment that Stanley Miller conducted in the 50s was for?. Evolution teaches that a single celled organism came on its own and evolved into the complex forms of life we see today... That's it's explaination for the origin of life...i don't know if you're talking about another evolution, because it's pretty much common knowledge. Evolution has a shaky foundation and does not hold water. Remember it's just a theory, and not fact. Most people confuse themselves when they avert their eyes from the obvious. There's order and complexity in nature, and this cannot come out by chance. It's like saying Da Vinci threw buckets of coloured paint a billion times on a blank canvas and got the Mona Lisa...does that make sense? Evolution and the Big Bang Theory definitely defies the law of cause and effect, which is a fundamental natural law... Catastrophic events cannot bring about order and complexity. It's just impossible. Rather than calling me a liar, why not attack the argument as it presents itself.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Christian Fox and brilliantidiot like this.
  19. THEdally_llama

THEdally_llama Fapstronaut

I'm agnostic. I don't disbelieve nor believe in God. From my point of view, if he/she/it is out there, then it certainly won't waste its time on me or any one person. I believe you make your own fate and that the decisions you make and the work you do set you up for future success. No deity has control over your path. But this is my opinion. If another person believes otherwise, then all the power to them. If it helps them be a better person and achieve life goals then who am I to stand in the way?

u376 likes this.
  20. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I personally think
    You are right
    No deity spoon feeds us
    We ourselves should do the effort
    But one thing which annoys me is that
    When we achieve something then we gave credit to god
    But when we fail ....then we took blame on ourselves
    I think then we should not give our hard work credit to any sublime power