1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The habit changer challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jan 10, 2019.

1. iwillbestrong123

iwillbestrong123 Fapstronaut

I can proudly say that since I have started this habit changer there hasn't been a day I haven't made my own bed in the morning .

as minut as this habit might seem it is literally the only source of happiness for me on most days. even if I relapse or have a crap day I know that i did one goal and in all that darkness it's happiness for me.

2. That is so nice! It’s wonderful to hear this makes you happy. Happiness is the best kind of cure you can get. I have also made my bed every day since I started with the habit. Before this challenge I think I only made the bed if we were expecting company :p

3. 14: After I unlock my phone, I will review one person in my following-list on instagram.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2019
  4. 15: After I come back to my computer, I will review one person in my following-list on instagram.

5. Giacomo

Giacomo Fapstronaut

I was able to follow this two things I challenged myself with.

1. After I got up, I'll wait at least 20 minutes before switching on my phone and my pc.
    2. Before having breakfast, I'll drink a glass of water.

So now it's time to add something.

3. Cold showers. At least three times per week.

Force Majeure likes this.
  6. I’m happy to hear about your progress :)
    Cold showers are really a good thing, they have changed my life completely.

Giacomo likes this.
  7. Giacomo

Giacomo Fapstronaut

I had my first cold shower yesterday and, man, it's amazing. Even if you think you are fully awake, when you hit the cold water it's like you blossom. I don't even know how to describe it. It's like you see things in a clearer and brighter way.

Unstoppabull and Force Majeure like this.
  8. komodoro

komodoro Fapstronaut

I'm in!
    Starting with two habits:
    1. After I wake up, I will exercise for half an hour.
    2. After exercising for half an hour in the morning, I will Take a cold shower.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Giacomo and Force Majeure like this.
  9. Yeah, they are really amazing. I got completely hooked when I took the 30-day challenge long time ago. After that I’ve been showering on the coldest ever since and now I’m approaching my one year milestone! :D I’ve also had two ice baths outside and two cold baths at home, damn what a nice feeling it is!

Giacomo and komodoro like this.
  10. 16: After I sit down to pee, I will stretch my back.

Giacomo likes this.
  11. 40 day review of my new habits

1: After I go up, I will take ten deep breaths at the balcony.

I take ten deep breaths at the balcony every morning. This rule is great.

2: After I pee at home, I will clean up two misplaced things in the bathroom.
    I clean up two things in the bathroom every time. It's a perfect rule for making the bathroom shine.

3: After I enter the kitchen, I will tidy up one thing.
    I clean up or pick up at least one thing every time I enter the kitchen. It makes the whole kitchen shine.

4: After I have taken deep breaths at the balcony, I will review my life goals.
    This rule has changed to "After I have reviewed one thing on my todo-list, I will review my life goals". This way my phone use is a bit more streamlined.

5: After I put my head on the pillow, I will think about happy memories with my kids.

This rule works slightly but I am still quite affected about what I have done during the day. My thought about this one was to release everything that has to do about work and ideas and instead try to turn my dreams into happy memories. I will continue to using this rule although I happen to drift of quite easily.

6: After I take my vitamins, I will plan when to do one thing on my todo-list.
    This worked very good in the beginning. My todo-list is empty most of the time and it is great.

7: After I am done using my phone for the day, I will put it on charge.
    This is a good rule. Now my battery never dies during the day anymore.

8: After I sit down to eat, I will take three deep breaths.
    I happen to forget this one almost every time. Also, when I sit down to eat my breakfast, I have just been on the balcony doing ten deep breaths. I will remove this rule.

9: After the kids have started to watch a movie, I will use my wrist roller.
    I happen to forget about this one and I realise now it is probably because it doesn't fit into the "After I ___"-scheme. I will remove it.

10: After everyone is up from the bed, I will open the window.
    11: After I close the window, I will make the bed.

I open the window and make my bed every morning. It feels so good!

12: After I begin my bike ride to or from work, I will listen on audio books to learn German.
    I have almost completed Pimsleurs German I and now I know a little German. I will continue with this, it's perfect to do something with the time I'm at the bike instead of just getting myself forward.

13: After I put on my helmet I will collect my bicycle lights.
    I collect my lights now before going on a bike ride. At last I don't have to feel guilty when I bicycle home from work and it's dark.

14: After I unlock my phone, I will review one person in my following-list on instagram.
    15: After I come back to my computer, I will review one person in my following-list on instagram.

These two became an obsession until I didn't have any more people to review so now I don't need these rules anymore.

16: After I sit down to pee, I will stretch my back.
    Having had back pain for several years, I am still reviewing if this one helps. I am stretching my back every time I sit down to pee. So far so good.

So, having reviewed all the new habits, these are the ones I am using right now:
    1: After I go up, I will take ten deep breaths at the balcony.
    2: After I put my morning coffee on, I will take my vitamins.
    3: After I take my vitamins, I will plan or do one thing on my todo-list, then review my life goals.
    4: After I sit down to pee, I will stretch my back.
    5: After everyone is up from the bed, I will open the window and make the bed.

6: After I pee at home, I will clean up two misplaced things in the bathroom.

7: After I enter the kitchen, I will tidy up one thing.
    8: After I begin my bike ride to or from work, I will listen on audio books to learn German.

9: After I am done using my phone for the day, I will put it on charge.

10: After I put my head on the pillow, I will think about happy memories with my kids.
    11: After I put on my helmet I will collect my bicycle lights.

That said, I am now at 11 new habits instead of 16. I want to make new habits that is about working out but haven't yet come up with the right habits. Hopefully I will soon. :)

Giacomo likes this.
  12. I'm in. After I go back home from library I will wash at least 2 clothes everyday.

13. Also I will write diary everyday.
    And read think and grow rich everyday.

14. I forgot to wash clothes yesterday but read think and grow rich and wrote diary.

15. I won the day yesterday, I washed my clothes, I wrote diary and read think and grow rich. So yeah, successful.

16. That's great! Keep on going :)

Today I started a new challenge: The 30 day no lazy phone use challenge. Every time you are using your phone you should stand up. How hard can it be? I will soon know. Join me if you want to be an early adopter :D
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-30-day-no-lazy-phone-use-challenge.217022/

17. Well yesterday was successful again, I'm adding one more habit- I will not use my fingers to comb my hair ,I will always keep a comb with me for that

18. 12: After I get a thought in my head that I don't want there, I will extend my peripheral thoughts by taking in external impressions from the environment.

19. I'll try this.

1. After I wake up in the morning I will get up, make my bed and drink water.

2. After I lay down on my bed, I will make sure that all lights are off and sleep (or I will get up when it's not time to sleep)

Let's see how I can manage these ones. Quite hard but totally doable.

20. Pfifght08

Pfifght08 Fapstronaut

From today onwards after I wake up I never think about my past loved girl and I focus only on my important work.