1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Alternative for regular cow milk - VEGAN??

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Zillion, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Zillion

Zillion Fapstronaut

I need atleast 1200 mg of calcium in a 1 ltr of milk..
    Please do prefer me any kind of milk except the one got from animal resource.

like almond milk, coconut milk, soya milk, anything!

also, let me know is that easy to shift from cow milk to some vegan source over night?.

do share if you know anything regarding health benefit of becoming a vegan (APART FROM ANIMAL CURELTY)...

2. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

For calcium I would just go find calcium powder or pills. Or look for other foods heavy in calcium. I’d stay away from soy milk, almond milk is not bad though. Coconut milk is better for you if you like the taste. Unfortunately none of these taste anywhere near as good as real cows milk. They don’t have the natural fatty creamy but also sweet taste. All the other options are a lot more plain tasting. But, milk probably isn’t the healthiest thing ever anyways and you have to ignore the cruelty to drink it. It’s not hard to switch over if it’s something you care about. I’d just take calcium pills if you have that option, if not eat a ton of spinach and kale, broccoli type of vegetables. People I know drink almond milk with sweeteners and vanilla. It’s actually pretty good. It’s not the worst plain either as long as it’s cold. All the mills like almond and soy all taste pretty similar when they’re plain.

3. bobross

bobross Fapstronaut

Soy is full of estrogen, so long term regular consumption of soy products is not recommended for men. Also, don't think of substitutes, think of alternatives.
    And if you go vegan, do your research very well, because lots of substances are difficult to get from strictly plants, you can ruin your health with an improper vegan diet.

Deleted Account and GripStrength like this.
  4. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

Yeah research a lot, also make sure to take B-12 vitamins. Lack of it has been linked to heart attacks in otherwise healthy vegans

5. Hercules9

Hercules9 Fapstronaut

All you need to do is source your milk from ethical places. In the west, we have "organic" milk, which guarantees good welfare standards for the cows involved. I don't know if you have this in India. As far as the Hindu religion goes, all the Hindu sages tolerate and even encourage milk drinking, only the milk cannot be obtained from a cow caused to suffer. Please don't believe the vegan hype; it's totally unhealthy and totally unnecessary.

Deleted Account and GripStrength like this.
  6. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

If you can find a trusted ethical milk provider I would do that. If you want to become vegan for ethical reasons, drinking ethical milk should be considered fine, right? Factory milk is pretty bad, but if you have milk that isn’t snatching their babies away and turning them into veal, or just pumping them 24/7 like a machine and all that than I would say why not. It’s definitely one of the best sources or calcium and in my opinion the best tasting drink.

7. Hercules9

Hercules9 Fapstronaut

I'd bet cows are probably treated pretty well on Indian farms anyway, though this may be a red herring.

Milk is also super-important for making up for protein lost by bad habits. The semen is basically nothing other than liquid protein, which is why bodybuilders lose out when they take to these habits excessively.

8. Buy calcium pills, swallow it with water. Sounds a good idea ?!

9. It is weird and ironic, when we need some component that is known to be related to a specific resource and we refuse to take it because of some opposing beliefs. Change ur mindset instead of changing the life's nature so it suits ur way.

10. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Raw milk is the most nutritious and delicious. I have been drinking it for more than 10 years.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  11. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

12. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Raw milk will stoke/fuel your masculinity. It is why you can't buy it at any regular supermarket.

13. i would not recommend veganism, they have brittle bones, hair loss, they cannot even naturally get all the vitamins they need so its not a natural diet, humans are meant to eat meat and vegetables. Tho dont let me stop you, do it if you want and see how it turns out.

14. A well planned vegan diet does not lead to brittle bones and hair loss. This is like saying "meat eaters have high blood pressure and get heart attacks".

Appeal to nature fallacy. Is cooking food "natural"? Not really, right? So should we therefore go all raw?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2019
    Becko and RavenGT like this.
  15. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

When boy george sang "do you really want to hurt me", was he referring to vegans.

16. Sense

Sense Fapstronaut

I've been vegan for about 7 years now -- I'm physically healthier than many men my age and younger - I'm in my late forties, rarely get sick and run 3 times a week. But the biggest benefit is the mental integrity that I get from being true to my values.

In terms of milk I mostly drink oat milk (especially skinny as its oil free) which seems to work best in coffee - not a big fan of soy and tend to consume it very sparingly. Next is hazelnut followed by almond -- but there are so many available you have to test them all out.

You'll get all the calcium you need from plant sources -- if you eat well then B12 is the only thing you really need to worry about.

17. You can get any vegan milk as long as it's fortified with calcium. Because naturally there usually are not calcium in vegan milks. If you need vegan source of calcium look into sesame seeds, chia seeds, tofu, Collard greens, kale, Turnip greens. Also if you do not ate meat your calcium needs are probably lower.
    That's just completely false. Human natural diet is meant to consist of 95% plant foods. Eating large amounts of animal foods causes heart disease, diabetes, cancer and other health problems. Eating animal foods on a regular basis and in long term is extremely unhealthy. So you got it 100% backwards, plants are our species natural diet. Neither there is any need for supplements on well planned vegan diet. I don't know where did you get this misconception from either, that's just misinformation/myth. Every single essential vitamin and mineral we need can be gotten from plant food alone. Only exception is b12, but we were never meant to get that from meat in nature anyways. Eating vegan diet definitely does not cause brittle bones or hair loss, misinformation/false myths again.

18. i could say the same about where you get your facts.

19. I get them from scientific research (I recommend Google Scholar, great place to start looking into it), medical doctors and nutrition scientists. Such as Michael Klaper, Colin Campbell, etc. How about you? Pseudoscience carnie Youtubers? :D

20. *clears throat* my vegan friend sends you this message:
    The milk..you can get fortified almond milk...that’s good or just eat lots of green veggies like kale or broccoli.

Milk is a bad source of calcium anyway..it’s actually poorly absorbed.

Look at Japanese people.,they don’t drink milk or eat dairy

As long as you eat healthy it’s not a concern

Milk is one of the worst things you can injest..it causes so many allergic reactions.

If he needs..take a calcium supplement but not to much since it can be hard on the kidneys

And stay away from sodas they deplete you of calcium

RavenGT likes this.