1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

10 reasons why Jesus cannot be God

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Who is Jesus according to you?

I also wonder what the meaning of this topic is.
    Are you seeking God and having questions?
    Or are you anti-God and trying to get some confirmation of others, through these videos?

RightLane likes this.
  2. John 1:1
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    John 1:14
    And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

RightLane and Deleted Account like this.
  3. path_finder

path_finder Fapstronaut

The father the son and the holy Ghost - all three are god, inseparable. If There is only one its Not complete. Its the holy Trinity and the wisest Religion.

RightLane and Deleted Account like this.
  4. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

As you can see the latter video.
    It's the islamic version of jesus.
    And he is a prophet.
    Which suggests that i am a muslim.
    I'm only posting this to spread the message.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  5. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

There's a mentioned of the trinity in the video. I suggest you to watch and think about it.

6. Jesus is a prophet in Christianity too. He is priest, prophet and king. The savior of the world.

RightLane and 0111zerozero11 like this.
  7. Superman25

Superman25 Fapstronaut

Lol, OK, bro... Your comment made me watch the video... I didn't even realize there was one there... I agree completely with the video. There is no single son of God. It's not a title that applies exclusively to Jesus...Colossians 1:15 calls him the firstborn of all creation...he is the first thing God created...that's why he's the "only begotten son of God". Jesus had a prehuman existence as a powerful spirit being along with other spirit beings(angels), before he came down to earth as God's messenger and the Messiah. There is extreme fallacy in the Trinity doctrine, because it has no root in the Bible or in the idea of monotheism. It's clearly a false teaching the Church has allowed to corrupt itself, ignoring the clear and explicit evidence presented in the Bible. People have a distorted view on the concept of faith. Faith isn't blindness. Solid faith stands on solid foundation, even the Bible says so. Researching and knowledge seeking on the truth about God builds strong faith.

8. Superman25

Superman25 Fapstronaut

Are you saying that Jesus is encouraging cannibalism?
    Are you saying transubstantiation is actually turning unleavened bread to his actual flesh when Jesus' fleshly body has been dead for the past 2,000 years?

9. Superman25

Superman25 Fapstronaut

So says the KJV Bible and the many bible translation that imitate it. You're forgetting a crucial point... The book of John was written in ancient Greek and ancient Greek, in its written form, does not have articles like "a" or "an"...the native speakers rightly understood what it meant, but to an English speaker..that scripture correctly reads "The Word was a god" or the word was divine...that book was translated to an Egyptian language called Sahidic Coptic and it's the language dated around that period that has articles like "a" and "an" in its written form...you can do your own research. This scripture in no way proves the Trinity doctrine

10. Superman25

Superman25 Fapstronaut

These questions are completely unavoidable, if one wants to seek God... Seeking God would lead to eternal life and to do that we need to take in knowledge...to do that we need to ask questions

11. Not just flesh. Cannibalism is eating only part of a person. We consume Jesus body, blood, soul and divinity. The complete person. I do this because Jesus commanded it in John 6:53.

1. Where does it say in the Bible that only the Bible can be used to define doctrine? 2. There was a church before there was a canonical bible. Who do you think decided what went in it?

12. That's kinda what I'm saying but not quite. Do you think Jesus came back to life after three days in spirit only? I'm of the belief his body was part of it. Meaning his body is alive and intact in heaven along with his spirit. He is not dead. That's the whole point of the resurrection.

13. 1 Corinthians 15:14-17 King James Version (KJV)
    14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

14. Superman25

Superman25 Fapstronaut

Jesus' words were not to be taken literally... He was
    Jesus is known to be very metaphorical, certainly he wasn't encouraging his followers to literally eat and drink his body and blood. The ransom sacrifice of Jesus is one of the most fundamental Bible teaching. In the last supper, Jesus used unleavened bread and wine as emblems to symbolize his perfect body that was to die for the sins of the world. Luke 22:19, 20 says so. Jesus, like his father, is very very explicit when it comes to issues of salvation, as we saw in that video. There is no mystery in this matter. It is crystal clear. Even if the bread and wine are his literal body and blood. Jesus is no longer human... He's a spirit...no flesh or blood or eyes or fingers...If you don't take the Bible's teachings as sound doctrine, then it's in vain that you worship and honor God and his son Jesus(Isaiah 29:19 and Mark 7:7). 2 Timothy 3:16 says that all scripture is inspired of God. So all your doctrines should be based from the Bible, and not human traditions

15. Superman25

Superman25 Fapstronaut

He came back to life in spirit only... He materialized himself like angels do to enable his followers see him... And when he did so, most of them couldn't recognize him. Flesh and blood do not belong in heaven(1 Corinthians 15:50), I don't know where you got the info that his body is in heaven...yes he's not dead....he was resurrected as a spirit being, the way he was during his prehuman existence

16. That is heretical. Thomas felt his hands .... the apostles watched him eat food. 1 Corinthians 15:14-17 King James Version (KJV)
    14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

17. So I should only base doctrine on the Bible, but not take things Jesus said in that same bible literally. I should interpret it correctly, which somehow isnt based on human tradition? Can you show me a bible verse that explicitly tells me how the bible itself should be interpreted? Because if you cant I'll have to rely on the traditions of believers.

Do you believe baptism saves people? How does God's grace make contact with us here on Earth? It beams directly to our souls? Why did Jesus mix spit and mud to heal a man's eye sight? Why did he turn water into wine instead of just making wine appear from nothing? More importantly why did he die a bloody death on a cross instead of saying "your sins are forgiven" like he had done before? If his body is still here where is it? Somehow the followers who so carefully laid it in the tomb lost it? Even though the church literally venerates the bones of saints and have managed to keep them safe through persecution and 2000 years? If the Roman's could have produced a body dont you think that would have shut down Christianity pretty quickly? Why did the Roman's guard the tomb? :) so many questions...I'm glad I have tradition to help me wrestle through them...and the teachings of the church.

One last thing. This is from John 21:25 "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written." The bible itself is affirming it doesn't contain everything Jesus taught and did. Hence we should value traditions passed down by the disciples and even the spirit as it moves today. Faith is not a dead and static thing, it continues to reveal itself.

18. In this verse Jesus says " This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” Is he saying that the action he is performing should be done in remembrance or that the bread itself is a remembrance? Again why be deliberately vague when he had a history of rebuking misunderstanding amongst his followers? The other option is we can take him at his word...

19. What is COCD?
    COCD stands for Christian Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and it is characterised by having unwanted thoughts about your religious orientation. These ‘thoughts’ are known as ‘obsessions’ and I shall talk more about this later on in this article.

It can take the from of purely an obsessive thought (intrusive thought), which can include thoughts and urges relating to your religious preference, but there are usually hidden compulsions – compulsions are things you do to make yourself feel better, to reassure yourself you are not Christian. This could be telling Christians they are so wrong, and initiating pointless arguments in religious questions.

Muslims with COCD constantly question their religious preference and are troubled by thoughts that they might be Christian. Before developing COCD, you would not have given any thought to your religious preference as it would have been a given.

An important point to note is that it is not the content of the thoughts that are the problem, i.e. whether you are Christian or not, the problem is what you do with the thoughts; the analysis, the checking, the need for certainty and reassurance is the problem; in other words, the compulsions. These are all characteristics of OCD and can be treated.

If you have been Muslim all your life, you will still be Muslim, it just feels like you might be Christian and not know it.

20. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

No such bullshit.
    I went to simply google and there's nothing like this.
    Never will i "feel" christian for even a second.
    I post this to spread the message.
    That's it.