1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. After thinking a while about your question I finally have a good answer. It's because I have found the perfect proportion between awake and asleep that works for me. If I sleep for too long I have trouble going to bed the same time as I did the night before. This leads to a shortened night afterwards since everyone will wake up before I get enough sleep. The worst part is what follows: If I've had too little sleep, I have a very hard time falling asleep the night after, which ultimately produces a bad spiral of too little sleep every night. After a few nights I am so tired I go to bed like 8:30 pm and fall a sleep one to three hours later, but at least I get enough sleep then and I am back on track.

So coming back to your question, If I sleep too much, I will sleep too little the next night. If I sleep too little, I will sleep too little again and again until I finally manage to get one good night. It's terrible to be in this cycle but the good news is that it got better 274 days ago and it completely disappeared after I started this challenge seven months ago. Having found the perfect amount of sleep in order to be just enough tired to fall asleep almost the same time as the night before... that's the trick.

One addition: If I feel a bit fried in the brain of a too intensive day, I also take a cold shower just before I go to bed. This really helps: it's like flushing all your thoughts down the toilet. Or close down applications to speed up the hibernation process :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2019
  2. Thanks for your thoughts. So having routines or habits is important.

Last night my computer survived till 21:10.

Force Majeure likes this.
  3. I am proud of you, keep it up!

4. Actinism

Actinism Fapstronaut

0/30 15min over the Deadline

Damn it’s really not that easy

5. Right on time. At least a week to go.

6. I'm in too ! My target is to stop using any device by 9pm and use only after 8am.

Also feel free to check out my journal. I'll be posting new stuff later today :D

7. 6/60 :emoji_heavy_check_mark:

Thank you! :)

Are you using a mac? If so I have a script that can help you, it makes your computer go to sleep automatically once every minute after a specified time. My deadline is at 22:25 and my computer goes to sleep at 22:22, then if I need to finish something before deadline I can wake the computer up again and I have some seconds left until it sleeps again 22:23... :D

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Actinism

Actinism Fapstronaut

I actually am using an IPad so yeah. I don’t there is something like that

1/30

9. Finished 21:04. That's good.

Waking up early makes getting sleep so much easier. But what we're doing here is a requirement for that to work long-term.

10. Actinism

Actinism Fapstronaut

11. Again the odd minutes past 9pm.

12. Actinism

Actinism Fapstronaut

13. At 20:55 I was about to start watching a 20 minute video. (My deadline is 9pm.) I actually started watching it, but after a few minutes I thought, no shit, tomorrow is a new day. I can watch this then.

14. 10/60 :emoji_heavy_check_mark:

Keep fighting my fellow fapstronouts, you're doing a great job :)

The Great Safecracker likes this.