1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does masturbation stunt height growth in teenagers?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Nachos, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Nachos

Nachos New Fapstronaut

Hi guys. I am new to this community. I am 16 years old and masturbate about thrice a day. I know that it affects my social life. But does it scientifically hamper or stunt my height or growth in any way? Thanks!

pezzer likes this.
  2. pezzer

pezzer Fapstronaut

I'm no esteemed scientist or anything but i think that kinda stuff is just myths parents tell their kids to try and make them stay away from masturbation. I guesS?? i mean it decreases your testosterone level i thinkk so you feel less 'manly!!!' grrr and more docile. Probz less facial hair too actually, but idk sorry im not much help, maybe someone else will comment with a more professional view

3. yes for me. What say the others

4. No I've mo'd all through my teenage years and im taller than average. It's a myth

5. you coulda been taller is all i’m gonna say

6. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Fapstronaut

The ancients say discourage it until youre at least 25. Wish i knew about retention when i was younger.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  7. how old are you now? Do you think at my age if i do nofap combined with all the other good health i can still grow. Cuz i’m hoping i don’t stop till 25

8. I haven't met anybody irl that's taller than me so idk man. Height is genetics. It's like the penis length. No kegel, pills, or dark magic will have an effect. Unless you .ca for in placebo

Gresh11990 and goodnice 2.0 like this.
  9. Yes but not all genetics. I’m sure you slept a lot too. How many hours of sleep did you get per night as a teen? If height is just genetics then that doesn’t explain why some guys are much taller than their dad.
    For instance my friend who is 6 6. i asked him how he got so tall since his parents are 5 11 and 5 8. He said he was always hungry, like he could never be satisfied and he slept at least 9 hours every night, sometimes even 14. Plus he played basketball.

It’s like that with Michael Jordan too whose parents were only 5 8 and 5 5. You think MJ got tall cuz of genetics only? You think if MJ didn’t play basketball and slept very little growing up that he would reach even 6 2? How is jeremy lin so tall, he is 6 4 when BOTH his parents are 5 6. You see for you people who just blindly say “genetics”, not only are you wrong but you mislead others like i was misled in the past.

Let me give you an analogy. With nofap, all the doctors and “health experts” and blogs online say masturbation is normal and healthy. Now you and I both know that is NOT the case. But if you just google “is masturbation healthy”, you will see almost all results except the experiences of people on forums (like nofap) day that masturbation is healthy and will prevent prostate cancer, etc.
    So people who say height is all genetics is basically doing that same thing. Yes if your dad is 6 6, then you’re probably going to be very tall. But i’m talking about reaching your optimum height and if you’re PMOing frequently growing up, you’re bound to lose nutrients and throw off the hormones and necessary processes for healthy development and thus somewhat stunt your height.

I’m not saying you can’t be tall though if you fap all the time as there are clearly evidence of people who are very tall and still fap/fapped throughout adolescence, like you

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. I think you are right, i'm 5 7 and i know i'd have been a whole lot more taller if i wasn't PMOing, i'd use my time for sports and all other healthy things and get good profound sleeps to make my growth optimum but PMO stunted my growth somehow

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  11. exactly in probably more than one way PMO stunted growth. Not just causing you to have bad habits like stay up late and not exercise (which will prevents from reaching max height), but also excessively masturbating itself causes bad health problems and during adolescence can for some cause poor development. Just look up “soaring eagle 6 years clean rebooting” and he talks about height in there and it’s relation to masturbation. I’m guessing not only is your height shorter but your frame is also smaller, as in you don’t have very broad or wide shoulders and PMO definitely had something to do with it.

Again i’m NOT saying masturbation will prevent you being tall, cuz otherwise every guy would be a migit, but it could have taken off some frame and height if you did it too much growing up. It’s hard for people who are tall and still PMOd a lot to understand. Even if you PMOd, you can still reach your dads height, but i’m talking about reaching optimal height here. Your current height is not the same as your optimal height if you has done everything right growing up in regards to height

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

height consists of many factors.......with M one of them

13. Um. Well a few things I should say.

I sleep on average 8 hours each night. I can't really physically sleep over that too much, my body naturally wakes itself up.

I say "genetics" bc about 80% is a direct connection to DNA make-up. The rest is due to other environmental factors, that's true!

But something you're neglecting is that correlation does NOT imply causation. So basically let's take MO and height.

Somebody is not the height they want to be. Then they realize they MO all the time, so they draw that correlation. But that doesn't mean one causes the other. It's just a correlation.

Uhhh... strap in for this next one. As for your analogy, I would agree w those scientists that MO is relatively healthy. Which it IS healthy.

Just like anything in life, it's dangerous when done in excess. Idiotic people (INCLUDING MYSELF) & before nofap would Google if it was healthy bc I subconsciously knew I was doing it to excess and it would tell me it was good so if continue. But they're referring to once in a while, not 3x a day. MO is healthy once in a while.

It's like alcohol. A beer won't kill you and actually is very beneficial to your health (this is 1 beer every week or 2). But alcoholics abuse that and drink everyday multiple times a day and THATS where it's unhealthy.

You might be purposefully not wanted to accept that. But that's how it is, #s don't lie. I'm NOT encouraging to MO bc were addicts. I wouldn't encourage an alcoholic to have a beer once in a while. It'll lead to trouble.

So to account for the 20% of how you get tall. I would say you could correlate MO. A more unbiased response would say those are mainly due to sleep and nutrients. Possibly MO.

But what would be misleading is saying "MO stunts your height!!!!" It's a correlation and not causation first off. Secondly, it's inccorect bc MO is healthy. Now MOing 3x a day every day could be a factor, but would account to a small percentage. So the answer is "genetics" but there's some other factors that collectively make up around 20%. Genetics is the main drive.

P.S. Being very tall w average parents isn't some unknown concept. It's happens alot more likely than you think, it's not strange. What would be strange is if your parents were 4'11" & you were 6'6". But if there 6' even, it's not odd.

Also idk what the hell you were trying to say here, but.... You do know that singing up to play basketball doesn't make you magically tall? That's not how it works.

14. On what grounds? I've never heard of this until today and I'm not trying to be cynical or disrespectful toward anyone who supports this, but this sounds like a crock of bologna.

15. There are no grounds. It's a correlation. Understand you're on a VERY biased website here when it comes to this, as everybody has had problems w MO, so they're inclined to include MO has a problem for many things

16. Thank heavens since I thought I was going nuts. :p Well I don't think MO has anything to do with height since, between myself and my siblings, three of us are around 5'2-5'5 (I'm 5'4) and the other two are between 5'8-5'11. I think the height difference has to do with whether or not the mother's genetics or the father's is more dominant in an offspring. I also disagree with the sleep theory since I sleep for around 6-7 hours ever since I started this reboot. I used to sleep 8-10 hours when I fapped all the time, but I find that I feel more energetic with less sleep now and not the other way around, but I digress.

I find that while we all have problems with PMO, not everything is connected to this problem.

17. Nobody is telling it must be connected, but you have to understand that PMO affects different people differently, its not a universal truth, or a proven fact, but its something ongoing among addicts to PMO especially in their earliest age, adolescence precisely, may have developped several bad habits and lost a lot of energy that should have been used or contributed to Height growth or optimization.

You have to understand there is no direct connection between Growth and PMO but PMO leads several addicts to developing bad habits, and to enhancing factors that are detrimental to growth

As i said PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT and so PMO affects them DIFFERENTLY

goodnice 2.0 and u376 like this.
  18. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

It depletes body nutrients and affects bone density

goodnice 2.0 and Deleted Account like this.
  19. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Excess pmo even affects our voice and speech

20. Correlation does not imply causation. That's a scientific fact and I'll just leave this here bc there's not much more to be said