1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

DnD character. The Toxic Masculine.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Sprinter123, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Sprinter123

Sprinter123 Fapstronaut

Hey everyone. I run a Dungeons and Dragons game for a group of friends and am looking for your help in creating an NPC character who is the epitome of Toxic Masculinity. What are some of the most important aspects or traits of Toxic Masculinity which I should include in this character's appearance, traits and abilities?

If you're interested... The reason for this is that one of my players plays a typically lecherous Casanova handling bard. In his backstory he had a relationship with a day being who, unbeknownst to him, created children from their time together, one of whom will be this hyper-exaggeration of that particular player character's worst aspects. Hopefully this will encourage a little character development and will mean I won't have to constantly invent wenches and other female npcs for them to hit on any more. Haha.

Bombadil and letter like this.
  2. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    He should have an uncanny self awareness that he is in a game, which he reflects upon with self-loathing and hate.

“Games are stupid. Why am I here inside such a stupid thing? I should be lifting right now! ARRRGHHH. GOD WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO MUCH?!”

And then the rest of his NPC character progression could be how the D&D game detoxifies his masculinity :eek:

#meta

3. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

So basically you want a male character that is behaving toxic?

Sorry to break the news to you but the only men who use the word "toxic masculinity" are cuckolds. Either behaviour is toxic or not toxic. It has nothing to do with masculinity.

4. Quoted from a post I made on a similar topic about what traits of masculinity could be toxic:

tl;dr: violence, aggression, pretending not to have any emotions or covering up your emotions with more aggression instead of actually handling them, pretending not to be afraid, calling any other man who IS afraid or has emotions or respects women a "beta soyboy cuck," always trying to be the dominant one in any situation and thinking less of the men who don't care about being dominant, telling male rape victims they should stop whining and be grateful they got to have sex (although hopefully that wouldn't come up in your game), and just in general have a super macho persona and looking down on other men who don't/thinking you're better than them. Or more accurately, saying you're better than them, when in reality you're actually just insecure and don't think very highly of yourself, so you're overcompensating by portraying all the things you think a "real man" should be like.

5. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

I agree.
    Unwarranted agression, not being able to process emotions forceful 'dominating' and a macho-persona that's used to overplay insecurities etc... can all be very toxic.

However, as we both agreed upon, all this has nothing to do with masculinity. Just because some people think it's part of masculinity doesn't make it true.

Masculine values have developed itself over a long period of time and every single one has a practical purpose.
    When a house is burning someone has to be in control of their emotions for example. Freezing in fear, crying or having a break-down will not help the people trapped inside the flames. That's why a certain stoicism is part of masculinity as an example. Being able to withold emotions doesn't mean being 'unable' to show emotions. A healhty masculine man is able to show love to loved ones for example. But he may withold emotions he doesn't see as beneficial. This doesn't mean that he can not process them.

And only people who love to talk all day on understand not a dime of masculinity would try to paint that in a negative light.

I do not have a problem with people rejecting traditionally male values, however if someone is going to disrespect me and my peers by calling values I that I hold important 'toxic' or even label masculinity as 'toxic' then such a person need not wonder why I call them a cuckold. Because it's excactly what they are.

6. Not a problem for me once I conjure up a level 38 SJW Gillete Razor. I've imbued it with the powers of feminism and made up psychology with a soul I captured from a white knight. Once I shave his beard that should drop his privilege by at least -31.

7. He should be male, that's all that's needed these days to be considered toxic, so really he could be just a regular guy, no special features needed

8. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Just watch The Bachelor, and imagine all the woman to be men. That should just about sum it all up for you.

9. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Nice. My half elf trans-lesbian warlock once defeated a group of barbarians by casting an pcball at them. It's like a fireball but instead of burning them it forces them to be pc. They all checked their privelage immediately. It's also unnecessarily colored like a gay pride flag, because social justice. My character's charisma stat is -13.

10. Make him a male feminist who thinks it's nice to do nice things for women just so he can expect things in return.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  11. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

His class should obviously be white knight.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

My perception of masculinity is weird
    He should have slick black hair
    With toothpick in his mouth.....
    Tall height......and deep intimidating eyes....
    And mostly wearing a black leather jacket
    With blue jeans

13. LOL. I had a good laugh when I saw this. They're not level 100 white knights tho. More like lvl 1

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  14. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

@Sprinter123 , I've been thinking about this kind of idea recently...
    What if the each of the next times this guy or other players find ladies of the evening, you discreetly roll a d6, and if you roll a 6, she begs them for help, as she was taken from her village and forced into this life....basically, get the players to break up a child prostitution/sex trafficking ring! Put a bit of a human face on it all.

15. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Burger = A burger.

Cheese burger = There is a version of a burger that has cheese. It’s not a statement that all burgers have cheese, but that 1 variation of a burger has cheese.

Masculinity = Masculinity [Masculinity being the collections of behaviours, thought processes, attitudes, etc associated with being masculine and perceptions of male-ness].

Toxic Masculinity = There is a version of masculinity that is toxic. It is not a statement that all masculinity is toxic, but that 1 variation of masculinity is toxic. (Masculinity being the collections of behaviours, thought processes, attitudes, etc associated with being masculine).

Sprinter123 and Deleted Account like this.
  16. That was a really good analogy

17. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

There's nothing less masculine than someone who tries to prove to others how masculine they are compared to others out of fear of not being perceived as masculine.

The need for such validation / approval proves quite the opposite. That you're being dominated by other people's opinions, expectations, what society deems acceptable, and behaving in a way that you think other people will accept you for.

Anyone that puts others down because they're not masculine enough is just further reinforcing the belief that they're afraid of their own lack of masculinity / acceptance / ability to follow the mainstream expectations of other people.

So go ahead. Keep calling people names for the purpose of shaming others for their lack of masculinity. Keep digging a deeper hole into your own insecurities. Keep trying hard to show dominance over others when you're really being dominated by your own emotions and what people expect of you. Keep trying to become the alpha of a category system invented by other try hards that are just as afraid as you are.

Sprinter123 likes this.
  18. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Wish I could take credit for it, that belongs to Tumblr user AngelBlaze2012.

19. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

LOL. Preferably a red MAGA hat, the epitome of Alpha Male toxicity.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019