1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding a post: crying time

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by kropo82, Mar 7, 2019.

1. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

I while back (not that long ago, maybe two or three months?) a guy posted a list of techniques and practices he thought were useful for his NoFap success. One of them was to set aside time to cry. I remember people commenting on what an interesting idea that was. Now I cannot find the post. Anyone know which one I mean who can share a link? Sadly searching the forums for "crying" throws up too many posts.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Deleted Account and Kenzi like this.
  2. EyesWideOpen

EyesWideOpen Fapstronaut

3. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

@EyesWideOpen BINGO! That's the one, thank you. It's in @1dayattatime's reply to @TryingHard2Change's call for relaxation ideas:

Thanks. Thanks to @GhostWriter too, here's another two to add to our list:
    I got those two from laboriously paging through a google search for cry site:nofap.com/forum I clicked through so many pages google gave me a test to prove I wasn't a robot! It is frustrating that a search here for "cry time" doesn't list it as a result even though that's the text @1dayattatime uses. Perhaps the search function on the forums is case sensitive? No, that would be mad.

But well done @EyesWideOpen, you got it. How did you find it?

4. EyesWideOpen

EyesWideOpen Fapstronaut

I remembered the conversation that I commented about how cleansing crying can be. I wasn't sure if it was the same one you were thinking of, but it was the first one I thought of.

kropo82 likes this.
  5. 1dayattatime

1dayattatime Fapstronaut

Looks like i am late to this party! It is amazing the release that crying can provide. I didnt know that it could release toxins from your brain?? At least that is what one of those links seemed to infer. So did you try it @kropo82?

6. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Not yet, but there have been emotional shifts in my sobriety journey recently so I feel very close to tears when I start thinking things through. At the moment that feels like a way to access deeper insights rather than a sense of release though.