1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hair growth

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by EfilPafOn_1, Mar 13, 2019.

1. EfilPafOn_1

EfilPafOn_1 Fapstronaut

Hi guys,

I know this has been discussed a thousand times, but just thought I'd share my own experience on this topic.

I'm 33 and have been PMO'ing for maybe 20 years now. Even as a teenager my hairline was sparse on the temples. At 22-23, the 'you're going a bit thin on top' comments began and soon after I began to buzz my hair very short.

At around 30 I really was lacking hair which is when I began wet-shaving my head.

Anyway, I began Nofap three weeks ago for a number of reasons. I've noticed many benefits, both physically and mentally, in that time.

So, sitting at my desk today, I've rested my head on my hand and felt something I've not felt in years - STUBBLE. Now, to be fair it is still quite fine, but it does have a little pigment to it. I understand that hair grows in phases, and for the first 6 months it is quite delicate and will eventually fall to be replaced with stronger hair (The same reason hair transplants take a year or so to take), but I am quite encouraged by this development.

I won't get my hopes up but I will continue to keep an eye on this. I've taken a picture of how it looks today and will report back in due course. Maybe there is a link between excessive fapping and hair loss, for those with a genetic predisposition....

2. ? ? ?

? ? ? Fapstronaut

That's awesome . hopefully it keeps growing !

3. EfilPafOn_1

EfilPafOn_1 Fapstronaut

Gosh, wouldn't that be awesome! It took about 15 years to go so I might have to be on Nofap for 15 years to get it back!!

Pati_ryu likes this.
  4. EfilPafOn_1

EfilPafOn_1 Fapstronaut

UPDATE

One month since I started this thread and.....

Definite new hair! The areas that were 'hair-free' now have very fine hairs sprouting. I also have fairly strong looking hairs appearing on what was my original hairline. The first hairs to come through in the earlier stages of my journey are looking thicker. Big difference on the temples - they seem to be working back forward.

I shave my head anyway and have done for years, and I'm under no illusion that I'll be able to rock a beautiful head of hair but if it helps even out the stubble on my buzzed head I'll be a very happy man.

Oh, uncontrollable eyebrows too!

Honestly, if you're worried about thinning hair get your hand out of your pants!

Gasti, hytrix, SirErnest and 2 others like this.
  5. Hey man. I'd just like to chime in my experience on this. I have had progressive hair-loss in college (as you know) and during this time I have went on long streaks (170+ days). Although the frequency of hair fall decreased while on NoFap, it did not stop balding which is largely genetic. I also noticed that on long streaks, my hair was thicker and darker than while PMO'ing actively. I would assume that going on NoFap delays hair loss to a certain extent, but this is genetically influenced.

P.S. Please respond to my inbox questions :p

6. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

Hello, thank you for your posts and great to hear about the results. Could you give us more details on how bad was your addiction before, of you sexually fantasized, how much you edged etc?
    And how restrictive you were on your reboot?
    Please see inbox also