1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to nail 30 days first try (No relapses)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Newstart1622, Mar 24, 2019.

Was this helpful?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Newstart1622

Newstart1622 Fapstronaut

30 days ago I made the choice quit PMO for good. I have failed to do this on several occasions but these were the things that helped me prevent any relpases. I still have a while to go to hit 90 days but 30 days is still a sucess.

- Make the decision and never let it change- Your brain is always going to trick you into justifying doing PMO. Be aware that it is trying to trick you and tell it no.

-Watch videos about nofap, read sucess stories. Early on those videos really helped convince me to go on. Search nofap on google and watch the suggested videos. I found problems such as my increased anxiety, lower energy and more were caused by PMO. I had no idea of that when Is startes nofap.

-No peeking, no feeling. Avoid thoughts when possible.

-Pretend to ejaculate. Discovered this when really tempted. Imagine PM (As a concept not too much) and then releasing. No touching of course but I find the feeling of regret still remains without you having to break your streak.

- Try and convince your brain it is physically impossible to PMO again or that it would be incredibly painful. Mind tricks are always helpful because your going to want to avoid pain.

- Get a partner, read the forums and subreddit and interact and support others. Talk to someome on the site before your relapse

- Wet dreams are likely to happen but this is supposed to happen while PMO is not, however urges may rise after them so be extta careful. They are not a relapss.

- Write a daily journal to look back on progress. This will help you commit and keep count of days

-Treat this as your last chance. Act that it's now or never this might backfire if yoi do relapse but will mostly prevent it.

-Set goals such as 7 days then 9 days being 9% then 14 days being 2 weeks and 18 being 20%. Helpful to me early on. Also please don't go back after 90 days.

Alright, that's all I've got. I am a third way through my journey to 90 days. Really want to be there already but it will happen. Everyone keep going.

2. Judas Johnson

Judas Johnson Fapstronaut

Good going, thanks for the tips

Perarduaadastra likes this.
  3. Cheers for this! Going well..

Judas Johnson likes this.
  4. bigboibez

bigboibez Fapstronaut

This is exactly it my man. It helps to be positive whenever you get PMO thoughts, rather than moping about it.

The real trick is to just say youre going to stop, make a vow and stick to that. Make sure youre prepared to go through whatever. If you try and dont do, you are unnecessarily torturing yourself. Ive accepted im gonna have to go through it all and im never gonna pmo again. I just remember the awful feeling i have and that its all just an illusion and not real.

I now just need to get over the fear factor and im good. Ive achieved 20 days rn without peeking searching nothing. Its now or never.