1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to stop from going grey?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Stannis, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Stannis

Stannis Fapstronaut

I am 26 years old and I am starting to notice more and more white hairs. Last year it was like one and I freaked out a little, now it’s like 10 and seems like more every week. Any advice on this? I am trying to lower stress through meditation, and currently a 13 day streak with nofap.

2. Better to go grey than to go bald. If it starts to bother you that much you could color your hair. Other than that I don't think there's much that you can do to prevent it. Embrace it! Nothing like a nice silver head of hair.

3. I'm 26 and i have some grey hair myself, i believe it was due to stress sometimes but i'm ok with that. It is not fully grey and women think it's sexy. :)

4. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

Do it with style man. I got my first grey hair when I was four and a half, and my mum found it while she was brushing my hair for my first day of school... I'm now 40 and my hair is nearly entirely white.

Honestly, on blokes it's not a problem, and it kind of makes a lot of guys look distinguished. Alternatives are:
    1. Accept it: easy, cheap, you don't look high-maintenance, but you have grey hair (and it can get a bit weird if your beard doesn't match)
    2. Dye it: complicated, expensive, variable quality (roots showing, bad colour matching etc.)
    3. Shave it off: easy, time consuming, cheap, may make you look like a badass (may make you look like morph) but sunburn on your scalp hurts like a bastard

5. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Become a vampire.

LEPAGE and u376 like this.
  6. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

Wait... does that work?

LEPAGE likes this.
  7. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

What she said ^

LEPAGE and Coffee Candy like this.
  8. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

If you don't want to turn grey
    Then try eating gooseberries
    And vitamin a rich content
    Also there is a yoga technique to turn black
    Rub your finger nails with each other daily
    But I agree with most of others..... turning grey is not serious like balding
    But these two things will also help in controlling hair fall

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  9. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Best technique

LEPAGE and CTRL + DEL like this.
  10. Go bald like me. Hair is over rated.

11. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

You cannot do anything about it, so don't worry. It is genetic.

All you can do is mask it, by dying your hair or using that new-fangled shampoo. I would just leave it be.

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  12. JRex

JRex Fapstronaut

Why does no one believe that gray hair could be due to hormonal disruption (perhaps cortisol) from PMO?

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  13. Stop PMO for at least 6 months, it might go away. I’ve seen some people saying grey hair caused by PMO.

IKR!!! OP It’s not just your “genetics”, it’s your life style that must have triggered the early onset of grey hair. I have a strong hunch it’s connected to PMO. Others might say not, but think for yourself. Did your dad get grey hair in his twenties or even thirties?

If not then why would you

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Become a vampire. They don't grow old.

15. JRex

JRex Fapstronaut

In my case I checked my hair in the mirror at 26 and saw very frequent grey hairs mixed in amongst my dark brown hair. At that time I was strongly addicted. Six years later, I have drastically reduced my masturbation habits (although I have not defeated the issue entirely) and I have not markedly turned any greyer. So I do think that, if I was prematurely greying to such an extent at 26, the process would have been complete by now if genetically programmed.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  16. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Ask a doctor. What do I know about hormonal imbalance, or dietary influences, on hair color. By the way, I'm nearly 57, and have very few grey hairs, other than my beard and my chest (like my dad). But the hair on my head is thinning. It spreads elsewhere, you'll discover!

17. @Ridley This isn’t related to baldness but a different issue: grey hair. Yes he is probably in the very small minority of people affected by this. Most people would laugh if i said there was a connection between masturbation and grey hair. But this mans story shows some evidence of what i was talking about. Yes he had the genetic predisposition of grey hair that could have been turned ON or OFF. And because of excessive fapping, Im GUESSING it turned that gene on. I mean he says it himself
    “So I do think that, if I was prematurely greeting to such an extent at 26, the process would have been complete by now if genetically programmed”

18. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

My parents just sent me to grey camp.

Testify and (deleted member) like this.

19. Maybe it could suit you well, like that guy^