1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Useful for men looking to better themselves

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Run_Like_Joseph_Did, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

Thought this was funny and helpful. I think this guy really hits back against the internet's idea of manliness.

2. SweetHamlet

SweetHamlet Fapstronaut

That was pretty freakin hilarious. It always amazes me when you have people trying to broadly paint all women or men a certain way, and here are the tips to get them to like you etc. I've found simply being the best person I can be makes people more attracted to me. And if they're not, that's fine, I don't need to win them over. Idk if this is due to PMO, but it seems like there's a hug obsession with getting dates/hookups/bf gf and I'm not sure why. There's so much else out there, and so many better relationships that don't need to be sexual/romantic in nature.

GeeJ and telepath909 like this.
  3. castlerock39

castlerock39 Fapstronaut

Great video, thanks for sharing- I laughed the whole way through. I get fed up with all this "alpha male" stuff on the internet too. Like, what, there's some great stratification among men, between the dominant "alphas" and the inferior "betas"? Seriously? It sounds like some weird eugenics theory we should have moved past about a hundred years ago.

4. I honestly think that by becoming the best version of ourselves turns us into "Alpha" males. I don't think all "Alpha" males are the same but the things we do to improve our well being (physically, spiritually, and mentally) make us Alphas. If we still were stuck in bad habits such as PMO and what, not then that would technically label us as "Betas" I admit I have not watched the video above yet, I am only speaking from the materials that I have read on Alpha Male vs Beta Male

5. castlerock39

castlerock39 Fapstronaut

To be clear, I was primarily referring to the conception of Alpha male he discusses in the video. I don't think he used it in the same way you did- I'd encourage you to watch the video if you still haven't (if nothing else, it's just really funny). He critiques another video which goes into all this craziness about being an alpha male by raising your testosterone levels and dominating women.

I'll admit I haven't read a ton about the theory of distinguishing between Alphas and Betas. However, I can respect the idea you're presenting, in which the distinction is based in self improvement. I still dislike the terms, though. Nothing personal- they just remind me too much of Brave New World, lol.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

The terminology definitely gets used in bad ways. This video does a great job bringing up how badly it’s used

7. Hahah "Brave New World" thats a great comparison.