1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Think they’ll let me join the navy if.......

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by My Best self, Apr 3, 2019.

1. hey guys I’m thinking of joining the navy but am worried if they won’t take me I have a eye that looks down when I read, its my left one I am planning on joining up in a few months after I get my AA from college so far I have not seen anything going against it it does not affect anything really just my reading is a little slower like when I’m doing homework but if I read aloud it fine or if I even close that eye I really want to join!

2. I ship out in a couple months for bc, i dont think they will even find out about that honestly, there was not any reading tests or anything there.

My Best self likes this.
  3. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

I think you can if you pass the eye test at meps. I'm wondering if they'll let me in with acid reflux

My Best self likes this.
  4. Now I’m just worried if they will turn me down because of my medical history I’ll ask my doctor about it maybe I can get a waiver to join I had Guillain-Barré syndrome when I was a kid and was told I can’t get flu shots I’m only worried because I hear they vaccinate you and I don’t want to get turned down because of this

brilliantidiot likes this.
  5. brilliantidiot

That looks more off-putting because it looks like gbs could potentially paralyze you, which obviously they don't want. I think your only hope (and mine as well, I have g-e-r-d and asthma) would be to find some non-combat non-physical job such as handling papers etc.

6. have you ever tried Beclomethasome? I have severe asthma and had 2 asthma attacks but then I got Beclomethasome and now I only get asthma when Im sick

7. brilliantidiot

Never tried it, I'll look into it, thanks for the suggestion!

8. no problem, happy to help

brilliantidiot likes this.