1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

8 MINUTE WORKOUT CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by brilliantidiot, Mar 30, 2019.

Will you try it?

1. I'm in

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Too complicated and/or time consuming/difficult

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. I am taking this challenge later instead. I am already working out multiple times a day so will come back when the time is right.

2. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

ok

3. brilliantidiot

day 12
    76 pushups
    13 pistol squats (el+16kg)
    23 pullups
    85 situps

4. brilliantidiot

hey man, @Force Majeure I have a friendly question for you, since you work out yourself. Is this challenge too tedious or just too hard? Of the 3 people that joined all three of them have bailed out instantly, so I was just wondering. Thanks friend

5. Hey @brilliantidiot . I wouldn't say it's too hard and I like the concept of maxing out as much as you can during two minutes for each exercise. However, at the same time I said I would join I decided to begin with another thing: going out for a run every morning. Since I want to develop sustainable habits, I decided to cancel this workout just because it would be too much new at the same time. Another thing I realised is that I have to change the rules a bit: It doesn't work for me to have the control over how many rest days I would like to have. This simply leads to a lazy behaviour for me. Either I should do the exercise or not, it should not be up to me to decide :D

From the habit changer challenge I have a number of exercises I have tied together with other activities and I try to follow them as good as I can. The exercises I currently do:

* I go up 05:30 and go out for a run. I also do pull-ups (today 21+11). Coming back around 06:00
    * at 06:00 I do a 15 minute program for my whole body (situps, push-ups, squats + various back exercises)

Habits from the habit changer challenge:
    * after I use my kitchen towel I do five dips (around ten times per day)
    * after I drink a glass of water I do 10 push-ups (I do the drink water challenge as well so at least eight times per day)
    * after I do push-ups I stretch my hip-flexors (as often as push-ups)
    * after I enter the living room I do five squats (maybe eight times per day)
    * after I go down the stairs at home and at work I do 2-10 pull-ups (around six times per day)

Also, every second week I bicycle a total of 110 km. Then I go bouldering for a few hours twice per week. Also I am working on my hand grippers (Captains of Crush number 1.5) as much as I can every day. Today I am also going to a slackline event which usually ends up with a lot of fun but also a bunch of other exercises.

That said, I really do want to join this challenge as well but right now I feel that it's enough, tbh. Of course, it's just the mindset that needs to be changed and since the master human David Goggins is my absolute fan, I don't understand why I should not join this challenge right away.

Eight minutes... that is shorter time than it took to write this post. Let's get right to it.

Ok, done!
    * 94 push-ups
    * 8 pistol squats (EL)
    * 27 pull-ups
    * 43 situps

One minute rest in between and a cold shower in the end. Took 13 minutes.

Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2019
    brilliantidiot likes this.
  6. brilliantidiot

That's amazing man! Very glad you are back. Sounds like a great routine you do, I might try it after this. I was also going for a run every morning, but now I'm doing this challenge instead. After this I'll probably do a running challenge, and then swap back and forth or something. Looks like you are better at pushups and pullups, and I'm better at situps and pistol squats. Lets do this! :)

Force Majeure likes this.
  7. brilliantidiot

Didn't do it yesterday because I had to take some medicine that put me to sleep. I'll give an update on today later on

8. Good evening @brilliantidiot ! Checking in for today.

* 95 push-ups
    * 13 pistol squats (EL)
    * 54 situps
    * 29 pull-ups

Cheers!

9. brilliantidiot

So today I did an alternate workout with a friend. Here it is as best as I can remember:
    1.5 mile run
    Overhead press with a 90 lb heavy weight boxing bag
    Weighted Squats
    Carry (with the same bag)
    Archer pushups
    Pullups
    Toe to bar raises
    Muscle ups

10. brilliantidiot

11. brilliantidiot

day 13
    90 situps
    27 pullups
    14 pistol squats (el + 16 kg)
    30 archer pushups (I made the mistake of doing situps first and my abs were too tired)

12. Day 3

96 push-ups
    15 pistol squats
    29 pull-ups
    48 situps

13. brilliantidiot

good work

14. Day 4

89 pushups
    16 pistol squats el
    28 pullups
    55 situps

@brilliantidiot so you’re doing pistol squats with 16 kg extra? Cool, you rock!

15. brilliantidiot

Yep, I've been working up, going up in weight when I reach 15 reps. It makes you stronger then doing pistol squats with no weight for 1 min because without weight number of reps are limited by time, and with weight they are limited by fatigue.

Lifting weights today instead. I'll post my workout later on.

16. brilliantidiot

Here it is
    barbell squats
    weighted lunges
    bench press
    dips
    pullups
    rows
    tricep extensions
    bicep curls
    lemon squeezers (I think they are called)

17. Yesterday was a "rest day".

Yesterday, I went up 05:15 and ran and worked out for 80 minutes. Then I went with my family to visit my mom and apparently there was a new outdoor gym built near her with a massive monkey bar, 25 meter long! First, I managed to walk the whole monkey bar twice and a little further before I jumped down. Then a single time and then one and a half time. I ended the last time with dead hang and pull-ups for a few minutes before I jumped down. Then I noticed a substantial amount of skin had disappeared from my right palm and blood was here and there. I had a break with some lunch, then I hit the climbing gym and climbed for two hours.

When I ran this morning, I couldn't have my arms above my waist due to pain in my shoulders so we'll see if I manage to do this workout today or if I need another rest day before I'm back on track. :D

18. brilliantidiot

19. brilliantidiot

day 14
    93 situps
    73 pushups
    15 pistol squats (time to raise the weight)
    23 pullups

20. brilliantidiot

Day 7-14 update
    pushups: 72-76
    pullups: 22-27
    pistol squats: 12 with 20 lbs-15 with 16 kg
    situps: 72-93