1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Challenge: Flying starts for your days

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by The Great Safecracker, Jan 17, 2019.

1. 8/30. Woke up at 05:15, 15 minutes before the alarm and worked out for 80 minutes. :)

2. Wow!

Force Majeure likes this.
  3. 26/30

I'm going to complete the challenge this week. Productive mornings enable me take the next step.

4. Yesterday was an insane workout day. 80 minutes training at 05:15 was only the beginning. Then I went with my family to visit my mom and apparently there was a new outdoor gym built near her with a massive monkey bar, 25 meter long! First, I managed to walk the whole monkey bar twice and a little further before I jumped down. Then a single time and then one and a half time. I ended the last time with dead hang and pull-ups for a few minutes before I jumped down. Then I noticed a substantial amount of skin had disappeared from my right palm and blood was here and there. I had a break with some lunch, then I hit the climbing gym and climbed for two hours. My whole body felt pretty sore after that.

Anyway, I went up 05:30 and had a run as I've promised myself, arms straight down as I couldn't have them above my waist due to pain in my shoulders. :emoji_joy:
    9/30

Nice! Are you going to hang around here anyway and have some retention? What is the next step?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2019
  5. You are an animal @Force Majeure!

I might continue counting, at least I plan to continue with the habit. The next step just refers to my own performance.

6. Light and fresh air is key to wake up quickly in the morning. Get dressed and make your bed without thinking. Also, going up at five is only half of the story, remember to go to bed in time.

7. 10/30 :)

Woke up at 05:00 and ran 5.2 km, then some other workout followed by a cold shower. Such a nice way to wake up!

8. 11/30. I had accidently turned off my alarm yesterday but woke up 05:30 sharp anyway :D

9. Great. Do you find it harder to get up straight away after waking up if you don't use alarm? (Or when you happen to wake up earlier?) At least I do, and that's what I want to improve on.

10. 29/30

I will jump out of bed for the last day of the challenge.

11. 12/30

Not so much actually, it's about the same. I always put my phone on charge before I go to bed and I always charge it in the kitchen. If I want to see what time it is when I wake up, I have to go up and have a look at my phone. This means I am already standing up when I get to know what time it is. Then it is a simple matter to just get dressed and get out as quickly as possible.

This is something that I have improved on significantly after I started the habit changer challenge. At that point, I decided to go out on the balcony the first thing in the morning. Getting some fresh air as fast as possible makes me feel awake pretty quickly. I also do a short morning exercise at home to get my heart pumping and that also helps me to feel awake.

Another key to wake up quickly regardless if the alarm goes off or not is to know exactly what you are supposed to do when you wake up. I don't have to think when I wake up, what I am going to do is already decided. From the habit changer challenge: "After I go up, I will take ten deep breaths at the balcony." This means that it's not me making the decision anymore, I have given away the rights to decide what I am supposed to do when I wake up and I have no power to change this anymore. It's just the way it is, if I wake up and the time is after 05:00 I have decided that I am not going back to bed.

So after trying to disciplining my self for a long time, it has ended up in a behaviour where, if I decide to do something, I consider myself not to have authority to change that later on :D:D

12. 30/30

Didn't really get up as quickly as I would have liked, but that's it anyway. I will keep going. This is too useful habit to let go.

13. Well, that sounds handy. I think there are too many clocks around me.

This is hugely important. If you don't do this, you are giving yourself a great chance to start procrastinating. And more often than not, you will take the chance.

What you say about not needing to decide sounds fascinating. It's been something I have tried to implement in the reboot challenges, but haven't really been successful. To set a goal for a period of time helps here, I guess. Like, after x days, I may do whatever I fancy, but before that, there's nothing to be negotiated.

Can you then trust in your decision is the key.

14. That's great, congratulations! Are you getting curious if you can go through a 60 day version of the challenge now? ;)

15. 14/30

Celebrated weekend by waking up at 05:13, 17 mins before the alarm. Ran my longest distance! 10.6 km. :D