1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you saving your money for?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Apr 30, 2019.

1. I have a decent amount for a college student. I have saved cash (no banks) and money I can spend (cash and banks). I used to money to spend on stuff I need to live along at bars and whatnot. But for my saved cash, I'm saving up for 1 of 2 things: a motorcycle or recording equipment. I just don't know which one. I think I'm getting recording stuff first and then a chopper.

What about you?

2. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

life in general. Food, clothing, a car, somewhere to live, and occasionally something fun

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Lol you just named all the possible things to spend money on

brilliantidiot likes this.
  4. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

How much do you got saved?

5. Get the recording equipment. I like motorcycles, too, but don't own one because I do not want to die before hitting 30. Everyone I know who regularly rides on public roads has been in a somewhat serious accident before, one of them a VERY serious accident (coma), and 2 motorcycle deaths of people I've met. Not to mention various accidents I've seen. So I ride but only with friends on non-public roads. A friend of mine races motorcycles but wears protective gear and only on a closed track, which I consider to be a lot safer than on public roads.

I'm saving no money right now but eventually would like to just feel on top of things financially with a cushy emergency fund. I'd also like to be able to have enough money to give some away.

6. Around 1800

RealMe likes this.
  7. SolitaryScribe

Truth.

8. SolitaryScribe

Why mot invest it into stocks or something. Keep saving until you have enough for a nice motorcycle

9. I need to finish up paying off my student loans and then I'll start saving up for my own airplane. I'd like to get a Skylane 182RG or Beechcraft Baron, hopefully before I turn 28

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Idk know how and I've tried to learn, I'm not that interested in it. Ideally the recording equipment would be an investment, but can't be looked that way.

My friends have offered to let me in with them to sell weed and cocaine. Like throw in money to purchase in bulk and sell it to people. I would be drowning in cash rn if I did but decided against it. There's virtually no risk in my area and a guaranteed market, but I just haven't done it yet.

But again for now I'm just working part time slowly stacking up. I've considered betting websites. Like for sports games and stuff. I've made some money at bars playing pool but there's alot of people better than me. It's a struggle man lol

11. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I use it to buy food and public transport.

12. brilliantidiot

wow dude.

13. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

Buying and selling stocks online can be a good moneymaker if you are careful and have sensible expectations. I did it for a while in university and sometimes made a 40% profit on my sale. Some banks offer free trading accounts.

LEPAGE likes this.
  14. SolitaryScribe

Yeah i love stocks. If anyone is interested, i would reccomend putting some money in shopify(SHOP), it's killing it right now. I'm making 80% profit on it right now

Future role model likes this.
  15. CThatch94

CThatch94 Fapstronaut

I don't know why I save my money. I am an only child and I don't have much family and I am lonely so maybe I save and invest because I know I will be screwed once they pass on.

Akira123456 and brilliantidiot like this.
  16. brilliantidiot

I'm with you there bro

CThatch94 likes this.
  17. I think the recording equipment is an investment while the chopper would be a fun thing. Both are fun things but one is ideally an investment. I think I got my answer

18. DarianLee

DarianLee New Fapstronaut

Both a motorcycle and recording equipment can be exciting investments, but it's important to consider your priorities and long-term goals.

19. Onceagain2.0

Onceagain2.0 Fapstronaut

survival mostly and to future invest