1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

mindfulness and self-love - don't torment yourself

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Lerok Jenkins, May 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lerok Jenkins

Lerok Jenkins Fapstronaut

Hello everyone,

just recently I realized a big problem of mine and that is the fact that I tend to be merciless with myself. I am pretty high in conscientiousness and I tend to beat myself up whenever I "fail" at anything.
    The problem is that I want to improve many aspects of my life a the same time and that it is almost imposible to keep every aspect of life in check at all times. This means that there is always something for me to beat myself up about and this sometimes stops me from accomplishing anything at all as I get more and more frustrated.

I now try to fokus more on the tree infront of me instead of the whole forest. I try to focus on the one next step I can take today instead of all the endles possibilies there are in this world that I am not pursuing. I think minfullness is a usefull tool as it helps me to stay focused and it helps me to realize when my mind drifts to far into the future. It also helps me to realize some of the good things that I am doing already. Without mindfulness and self-love I will never be content. If I am not mindful I will drive myself forward endlessly but I will never feel like I reached or accomplished anything.

maybe some of you can relate to this. If you feel like you are running all the time but you never seem to come to a place which feels right to you, this might be part of the reason.

2. Hey mate..lerok Jenkins ..I Can understand What going on with you....Self love and mindfullness is really important for each one of us..We are Human Beings So We Want to Improve Every aspect and area of our life Such as...Physically Fitn, Mental Health ,Social strong and emotional balance...Talk of balance it reall necessary in every individual life....Without this life is totally mess ..We doesnt understand what to do....So as you said Up That you're focussing on a single tree rather than the whole forest.You are right in your perspective..But my brother Listen a Forest does nt make trees..But Some tree together makes A Forest..So dont worry and stop negative self talk about yourself ...You are doing your best...You need to balance your life...Start by focusing on and by setting small goals.Don't worry about your past and failure... cause failure is our first step toward learing.I hope it will help you ..If you need some more help ..I m always ready for it Mate...Message me If you need help...#Peace.

CH3RRY likes this.
  3. andi1987

andi1987 Fapstronaut

Yeah totally agree with that. Setting to many goals at once just immediatly leads to dissappointment. I think it's really important, as you said, to take each step at a time. And also never forget to praise youself for every small step you take.

4. Love love love this! Thank you

Lerok Jenkins likes this.
  5. Sakazuki27

Sakazuki27 Fapstronaut

I know what you mean, I realized this as well. There is so much room for improvement and that's good realizing one can become a better person. Especially in todays society. But we tend to be too hard on us, and work more than we can bear. We have to focus on the moment and what's important now.

@Gurdeep_Singh likes this.
  6. Yup man.....I m literally agree with your Point..We Must focus on present moment Not to far in the future...

Sakazuki27 likes this.
  7. Lerok Jenkins

Thank you for the support and the offer :) I can only give it back. I am open for any conversation.

8. Lerok Jenkins

Thank you very much :)
    I just joined this forum and I really enjoy the positive atmosphere and the mutual support.