1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad morning habits

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Run_Like_Joseph_Did, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

I've noticed that a vast majority of masturbation occurs when I wake up in the morning and i'm just swimming in my thoughts. Any advice out there that could help a guy struggling with morning urges?

Kratos_GOW and Steffo Shambo like this.
  2. Schedule something to do right after you wake up, make it a routine so you don't have time to take things to PMO.

3. Theamos

Theamos Fapstronaut

Get right out of bed and start your day

ledener and Steffo Shambo like this.
  4. Cuauhtli

Cuauhtli Fapstronaut

When you have a bad habit you need to replace it with a good habit. For me, it helps when Instead of wondering around, I get in the shower get dressed and ready to start your day. Play some music as I do this or hear the morning news.

5. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

hi 'like joseph !

Above posts are good advice. No laying about in bed. Get up and get going in the morning. No computer / phone / tablet use in bed. Bed is (for now unless with SO) for sleeping only.

So, what are you going to do ?

one day at a time is how we all succeed

Steffo Shambo likes this.
  6. I used to have the exact same problem. Honestly the best advice I can give to you is so obvious but it requires a change in mindset: just get out of bed. As soon as you get out of bed, fall into your morning routine and get to work (or do some work around the house if you're currently unemployed).

As soon as you change your habits, the bad habit will fade away.

7. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

I guess it has to be that simple huh? I was hoping for some tips and tricks but I guess that's not how it works

8. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

hi 'run !

You've now gotten some tips. (even if they seem simple minded to you) The only trick is that you need to use them.

Its simple to say what we're going to do or not do ... the difficult part is in the doing or not doing.

The choice to heal is yours. So, what will YOU do ?

We ALL can succeed; we just need to work at it.

One day at a time is how we all succeed.

9. Overcame

Overcame Fapstronaut

It's pretty normal...I'm a Christian so the first thing I do when I awake in the morning is pray to God. This helps a lot.

10. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

Hi 'run !

Just checking in. You doing OK ?

11. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Well I’m not felling super upbeat, but I’m trying to fix my sleep patterns so that I’m not tempted. I notice I sometimes wake up way before my alarm goes off

12. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

Good.

Is your counter correct ? continues to show 1 day no PM .

13. Steffo Shambo

Steffo Shambo Fapstronaut

This can be because of bad habits, such as poor sleep and diet.

But many times this is on a much deeper level, mental patterns in the subconscious mind.

To be able to find where these patterns originate from, and how to replace them with better ones, you need to do shadow work.

Keep strong brother!

14. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

15. Steffo Shambo

Yeah, looking at the root cause of where these symptoms are common from. Which many times stems from the unconscious negative patterns in the shadow. Shedding more conscious light in the dark corners of the mind is doing shadow work. Does that make sense?

16. Great post friend

17. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

yeah it makes sense.

18. Steffo Shambo

Great. Now take an action step towards solving that! You can do it.

19. LTLThrowaway93

LTLThrowaway93 Fapstronaut

I have the same issue, but at night.

20. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Fapstronaut

It's quite common, especially with hormone levels (testosterone and norepinephrine) being so high in the morning.

My temptation in the morning was usually to wake up, get my phone, go into the bathroom, look at P or Psubs and then hop in the shower in MO in there. To break that cycle I started leaving my phone in the kitchen at night, and only got it after my shower. I also had to resort to cold showers when necessary.

Good luck!