1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold, Cold, COLDER!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ilovetyrannosaurusrex, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Musta

Musta Fapstronaut

I love cold showers in summer , but in winter ... not that easy

2. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

btw if your all doing cold showers for long lengths of time be careful of hypothermia, if you want full benefits take a teaspoon of Cayenne pepper and mix it with a tall glass of water, drink it all and it cleanses your blood then get into the shower, this is a herbalist remedy for a long list of body problems like acne, boils, eczema, blood poisoning, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, and about 1000000 other things. try it.

side note, if you cut yourself pack the wound with Cayenne pepper or your having a heart attack drink Cayenne pepper with water and it will stop. if you don't believe me try it. this was used on a child who was shot accidentally by his 8 yearly sister. the bleeding stopped and the child lived. learn herbalism it saves lives.

JoePineapples likes this.
  3. M123

M123 Fapstronaut

yes other people has other thirk

4. Breaking Fap

Breaking Fap Fapstronaut

I was taking intense and pure cold showers for a few weeks, for the purpose of hardening.
    And I literally succeeded in hardening: The result was muscle stiffness and joint pain.
    You dont want to take purely cold showers to cool yourself down.

5. steez

steez Fapstronaut

I wonder if it is benefit of cold showers but i feel like im less vulnerable to catch a cold while taking them. Many people around me are getting sick now but but even when i feel weak and have a little bit of raised temperature that would normally foretell beeing sick the next day, aftert taking cold shower i feel refreshed and healthy in the morning.

6. OurLiP

OurLiP Fapstronaut

Count me in, though I'll do it much more once the hot weather starts to kick in!

I've tried it once before (A few days ago), and it felt really nice afterwards. After you've been doing it for about 2 weeks you get used to it as OP said, so that should work for all of us :)

7. KyleTheAnimatedSeries

KyleTheAnimatedSeries Fapstronaut

I've done cold showers a few times and while it's a cool concept it's not really practical for me - I always shower at night, around 11 PM or so, and I don't really WANT to get myself all amped up when I'm trying to wind down for the night.

However, when I fix my hair in the morning, I always dunk my head under cold water from the bathtub faucet, so that gets me some of the same effect.

8. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

well then it won't work if you don't do it lol, it's not practical if you don't go the full 100%

9. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Fapstronaut

Agree! Hot showers drain your energy, they make you weak.

10. DaleTipsUp

DaleTipsUp Fapstronaut

[QUOTE lovetyrannosaurusrex, post: 183606, member: 36980"]Well I cant say I love cold showers but it sure wakes you up and gets you ready for the day ahead. 2 days and I plan to do this for awhile. So who else had a cold shower today or plans to.[/QUOTE]
    Ive taken over 200 days of cold showers and im on my 63rd day of nofap.

11. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

I'm about 6 months in to cold showers, started off with the 007 Hot as you can stand / cold as you can stand thing, now it's just pure cold… cold as it gets. And I love it…

My reason for starting is a bit weird. I watched "Big Brother" and they turned the hot water off, and some of the housemates had to take cold showers. I thought that's the one thing I could NEVER do. Just the thought of it made my blood run cold. How could anyone stand under cold water? But I've got a strange brain, and I hate being told I can't do something – even by my self. (For years I HATED celery. Couldn't stand the stuff. The devils salad vegetable. I thought this is childish, having a food I avoid, so I made myself like it by eating it fro 21 days straight – that's the kind of brain I have) So – back to cold showers – I set myself the challenge of having a cold shower every morning for a week.

And I did. Here's what happened…

For me, the first 5 seconds are the worst, getting every bit of skin wet… when it makes you gasp and takes your breath away. It's mostly mental, and once I'm in, I kinda relax into the cold, and savour it, the longer I'm in, the better… but it's usually somewhere between 5-7 minutes for me.

The benefits I've noticed are;
    • Energy – get in sleepy – get our bursting with energy!
    • Improved Mood – It literally does make me almost euphoric… great morning mood booster
    • Feeling of Power – You really feel if you can deal with this, you can deal with anything
    • Improved Hair & Skin – More of a glow about me – and no dandruff, stopped using an anti-dandruff shampoo
    • Less sweating – I used to sweat profusely. Not to put too fine a point on it and please STOP READING NOW if you're easily offended… sweaty bollocks and a sweaty arse crack. No matter how much anti-perspirant or talc I used. Horrible and occasionally embarrassing. During the day I no longer sweat like a menopausal pig coming off smack, but do work up a healthy sweat at the gym (after which I have a cold shower of course!).
    • No fapping – I suppose you could if you really tried, but it would take a definite effort. I used to fap regularly in a warm shower :(
    • Last but not least – No more steamed up bathroom mirrors – you can shave straight after without dealing with condensation. Do NOT underestimate this!

The downsides I've noticed are;
    • I get a slight 'ringing in the ears' but it seems to sharpen my hearing – weird, and not too disconcerting though
    Other than that… None!

A brisk towel-off after further boosts the circulation (I'm no Doctor, but it feels like it does) and warms you up.

It's a no-brainer for me. I can't see myself ever going back to hot / warm showers. I tried one the other weekend as a 'luxury' BUT it felt 'wrong' and uncomfortable… soon turned it all the way down. So, cold showers may not be for everyone, but they work for me.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  12. theDoctorSmith

theDoctorSmith Fapstronaut

I followed someone's suggestion here on not hyperventilating. It works.

Thanks, insert name.

13. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

Looked into the Cayenne Pepper thing, and it looks pretty impressive… I've added it to my 'healthy breakfast' routine… (porridge + berries & nuts, freshly juiced fruit and veggies) the two other "magic bullets" are garlic and ginger… (I've heard good things about turmeric too).