1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Healthy coping methods for loneliness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Jackb97, May 6, 2019.

1. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

The title pretty much says it all. Alternatives for choking the chicken pls

This banger goes out to all my lonely nibbas

CH3RRY likes this.
  2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I sleep. And when I am awake I want to return to sleep.

llortaton and SVOBODA like this.
  3. Freedom_from_PMO

Freedom_from_PMO Fapstronaut

I stopped coping. I just do more to not be lonely. Coping is waste of time and mostly toxic.

Spend time with friends, with family. Work to find partner. That is all.

4. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

my nibba that's a good one but i got a better one which describes my situation:

llortaton and Jackb97 like this.
  5. Reduce / eliminate short term escapism in general (PMO, technology, junk food) and concentrate on activities that require learning and patience to achieve a skill useful for the kind of life or goal you want

6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Get out of the house and go somewhere and practice being comfortable by yourself.

SirErnest likes this.
  7. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Be like Neil McCauly from the movie Heat. (without being a violent bank robber, lol)

He says to the gal he hooks up with, "I am alone, not lonely".

Deleted Account, Lirudu and Jackb97 like this.
  8. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

Ahh back before De Niro was a waste.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  9. One cure for that. Finding people for mutual fun. No one is going to come to you, talk and hang out to you if you don't.

10. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

To specify I have friends not many but enough. It's more of a woman less loneliness.

11. ClickClickBoom

ClickClickBoom Fapstronaut

OR do something productive instead of hitting yourself, if you actualy want to be hit join a fight sport.

12. I do both

ClickClickBoom likes this.
  13. try it everytime u do it u gain self discipline. not a joke.

14. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I know it might sound like a cliché but the best thing you can those moments do is not to dwell on your loneliness but rather remaining calm, patient and certain that the things you desire (i.e. good relationships in life) will be yours if you visualize it and live yourself into this feeling every day. Sooner or later, it will manifest in your life in one way or another.
    The key is to not be too attached to the outside world.

15. ClickClickBoom

Done martial arts for years and not once have i hit myself, my sparring partners are happy to do that for me ;)

16. Try to put on a smile and go to a bigger city and just ask kindly for the way ^^ even if you dont need to know :D

17. ClickClickBoom

Not hard enough apparently if im still here having this conversation with you

18. Imagine that restaurant scene with pacino and de niro talking about nofap. 'That's the discipline'

19. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Don't cope / numb that feeling of loneliness away.

Accept that you're lonely. That you want women in your life. Feel that suffering / pain / problem / dissatisfaction. Don't neglect it or escape from it. Solve the problem of not having what you want in life.

If not, you'll just be in a downward spiral loop of escape -> lonely -> escape -> lonely -> escape -> lonely. The problem remains while you get weaker to actually do anything about it.

20. Right on