1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirror meditation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Awedouble, May 9, 2019.

1. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

After posting the self surveillance thread I decided to search these key words, sure enough it's a thing. Here is just the first hit, and it reminded me of someone speaking at a uni panel once saying they had a zen teacher that said to look at themselves naked in the mirror, and when they can be totally accepting or something like that then the work is done. Needless to say this is more about transparency and acceptance and not about sex. The one below doesn't ask you to be naked btw.

http://www.mirrormeditation.com/how-it-works/

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    ivanhoe, Bay, kropo82 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bay

Bay Fapstronaut

Wow that’s a cool concept that I’ll have to try. I’ve never meditated while looking at myself. I usually grab my yoga mat and lay out right next to my pool look at the stars at night and do the wim hof method.

3. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Nice, how long have you been doing the Wim Hof method? I'm curious to hear about your experience in that.

Bay likes this.
  4. Bay

Bay Fapstronaut

Yeah for sure, I started about a few days ago it feels like you are transcending out of your face. I like to do it outside at night. sometimes if I get lucky I’ll see multiple planes go by when I’m doing it..perks of living in Florida I guess ;) adds to the experience haha

Awedouble likes this.
  5. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Forgot to mention - had a day last week where I smiled at myself in the mirror, doesn't happen often of course and I take that as a good sign!

properWood likes this.
  6. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

But being naked is more thrilling! :p

I didn’t know it has a name, though. I do 15 minutes every 2nd day of looking straight into my eyes; it apparently increases confidence.

FollowYourBeard likes this.
  7. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Just thought of this this morning: Audio journal to complement the visual practice. It isn't even that important that you have a lot to say, and you're the only person that's going to listen to it but it's about getting the feedback which includes your emotional state as reflected in tone of voice.

8. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Also, this plays right into the note to your past and future self idea, so even without the intending to give yourself advice you'll end up mentoring yourself sometimes where you're clearer about rebooting and recovery and you can listen to that at times when you feel tempted.

Whereas the visual is real-time the audio is by nature across time/delayed. You can experiment with recording in the morning and listening at night and then the other way, etc. And again with the really motivational ones you can make a note and have that handy for when you need it another time.