1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Challenge: Flying starts for your days

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by The Great Safecracker, Jan 17, 2019.

1. 15/30

Alarm was accidently turned off and this time I woke up at 06:14. Anyhow, I went out for a morning run so I will count that anyway.

The Great Safecracker likes this.
  2. 16/30. Woke up by myself at 05:10 and ran 6.5 km.

It starts to feel a bit tough and tedious to run every morning and also a bit boring. What is interesting in this is that it's only a flatline period: I felt exactly the same in the no sugar challenge after two weeks! The only thing to do right now is to keep going. It's going to feel better. In the no sugar challenge, it felt better already after three weeks! Then when 30 days had past, I decided to go for a no sugar challenge for 90 days.

3. 17/30.

I have been very tired lately. Going up this early every day and going out for a run is challenging indeed. After this challenge I will have to change this routine to something that is a bit more healthy for my body. I am thinking about maybe running every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, instead of every day. We'll see..

4. Sounds like a reasonable idea. Your workouts seem to be quite heavy in general, so perhaps you could keep your morning runs short, like ten to fifteen minutes. That was the idea of this challenge anyway, to start doing something early for a moment.

I'll be back in this and the no screen challenge next week. I've been thinking about modifying my own rules here a bit. I might, for example, not use alarm on weekends, but still try to wake up early. Also, I thought it would be good to choose a time interval, so that if you wake up within it (before alarm), you will get up habitually. It happens quite often that I'm guessing in my bed whether I should get up or try to sleep some more till alarm. Usually I feel very fresh when I wake up naturally on my own, so I think I should just get up without thinking.

Actually, this was another key point in my mind for this challenge.

Force Majeure likes this.
  5. 19/30

I have actually been taking it pretty easily the last few days. After reading about runners knee and how you should increase your distance over time to minimise the risk of injuries, I realised that I increased the distance a bit too quickly. 19 days ago, I ran just a few kilometers - one, two or maybe three. Then suddenly I ran 10.6 km. The recommendation is to increase the distance by 5% or 10% per week and I should probably stick to this scheme to make it work in the long run. Better to work on good routines that work in the long run.

6. 20/30!

Today I am going to go to bed early. I want to have a good energy in my body to run a bit longer tomorrow.

7. 21/30

As promised I got up a bit earlier (before the alarm) and ran a bit longer. Then I did my morning exercise so I worked out for one hour. :)

8. 21/30 (again)

I had a rest day today, which means I did not go out for a morning run. We were up late yesterday and I had to sleep a bit extra (until 7 am) and my feet and knees begged for some rest. I had deep breaths at the balcony followed by my morning exercise instead.

9. 23/30

I had a major leap in performance today! I could run faster, my heart could beat faster and I could breathe more without getting tired. It felt great and I am looking forward to tomorrow!

10. I'm going for another 30 days. My intention is not to use alarm on weekends, but still try to wake up early. With the help of the no screen challenge, I try to make early bedtimes. I'll set my alarm for 6am, and then my rule is, if I happen to wake up between 5am and 6am, I try to get up without thinking.

For the next couple of weeks I'll be doing my breathing exercises after I wake up. Now I can focus on how well I can get up immediately after waking up.

11. 26/30!

Yesterday I woke up at 04:45 and ran 10.6 km in 60 minutes - that is 25% faster than the previous time I ran the same distance. It’s really nice to see the improvements after these days!

What a nice thing to do. That’s more or less my rules in a nutshell, except that they are slightly different. :)

The Great Safecracker likes this.
  12. And these rules shall remain valid - until they get changed.

13. 3/30

I woke up without alarm at 5:30. It's great how your sleeping rhythm adapts once you're not distracting yourself in the evening.

14. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Liking the different challenges you've created. Going back to bed has not been a possibility for a while for me, even when I stay up past midnight now (though there's no good reason for that really) I still get up at 6:30. That said I could switch up or tighten the start a bit. I think I'll add stretching which is prob. more important now that I'm a little more active, followed by contrast shower, then starting breakfast to get the metabolism going. The time for shower and stretching should be under 25 minutes which makes it possible to follow the guideline of eating about 50 grams of protein within the first 1/2 hour, though the exact amount and whether the part of the meal that gets swallowed may not end up being the protein part within that window (I'll just start eating, not nec. eating the protein) but I think that's pretty good.

And yes, why not 30!

15. 27/30

I went on autopilot mode today - woke up at 05:30 and ran 10.6 km even though I felt tired. Now it feels pretty good. :)