1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 yo trying nofap

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by determinedtosucceed, May 14, 2019.

1. determinedtosucceed

determinedtosucceed Fapstronaut

I am 30 yo I have been on PMO since 12. I have long periods of no PMO before the longest is 45 days. I have done 45 days exactly twice and 30 a couple of times, 15 a couple of times and same for one week. Since my last relapse around 6 months ago. I have been regularly on PMO. Then a month ago I started a new streak and was about to collapse when I stumbled upon nofap. I hope I can get inspired by others stories to continue on an infinite nofap counter

2. hitnmis

hitnmis Fapstronaut

Welcome,
    I'm 54 and started at 12. You've got 24 years on me. You dont need to waste them!
    Glad your are here
    There are some very inspirational stories here.
    Have you seen this one? @John McClean
    keep going you are doing great!

determinedtosucceed likes this.
  3. determinedtosucceed

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is difficult to go through this journey alone, I hope being here makes it easier on me.

hitnmis likes this.
  4. Hi! :)

Welcome to the forums. I hope you find success in your reboot journey. :)

Remember, one day, one step at a time can lead you to some pretty good goals.

Best wishes!
    -MSH

determinedtosucceed likes this.
  5. determinedtosucceed

Thank you! Do you know how long does it take to reboot( recover from addiction effects)

6. :)
    Well, nobody can exactly answer that for you. Normally, 90 days works decent enough, but depending upon the severity of your symptoms, it may even take longer than that in case of ED and PIED. And, as far as emotional, and psychological effects are concerned, an year or more is needed for that. (This is my opinion only, and is not set in stone or anything.)

7. Welcome to NoFap @determinedtosucceed! I recommend beginning with the 3 day challenge in the challenge forums, but it's up to you. I've had to reset recently, but don't plan to quit trying to brake this addiction that has hurt me so much.
    You can count that as a victory, 45 days with no PMO. That's great!!! You haven't lost even though you're back into the old routine of PMO'ing. Now you know what it's like to not PMO for a long period of time: the renewed energy, brighter days, etc. May I ask what happened 6 months ago that caused you to stumble? You don't have to answer it.
    Together we can beat this addiction. Let's go!

8. determinedtosucceed

The work load has increased. I think I use PMO as a way to reduce stress. I know it sucks and I currently have made it to 37 days with the increased stress. That is, it is doable, but sometimes I am extremely stressed, so I resort to M to reduce stress

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Same here. PMO was what I always used as relief from the day's stress, and the older I get the more stress I seem to be having to deal with. But I found out that I had to get more hardcore and more hardcore to experience the same relief, plus I had to deal with guilt and fear that somebody would find out. I'm glad to have you all here. It makes it much easier knowing that there are others to work with as we fight this addiction. Good job @determinedtosucceed on your steadiness and persistence!