1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Help to focus on studying !

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, May 12, 2019.

1. Hey everyone ..
    I am still in my third day and I open the forum here in order not to think of Pmoing ...but I can't focus on my studing recently although I have really important exams ...
    Any advice to increase concentration and keep my mind just for studying !!

2. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Not knowing anything about you it is hard to say specifically, but you may try something as simple as repetition - saying something, or writing it out..

3. I'm third grade in secondary school ...
    Okay I'll try this
    Thanks for your help :)

4. Determinant_20

Determinant_20 Fapstronaut

i am 20....and facing the same situation. In the midst of exams pmo is distracting me heavily, and this is not the first time. I have recognised the pattern and it clearly shows that stress induces such behaviours.
    So you have to retrain your mind to handle stress and you are on the right place to do it.

5. Im_Fighter

Im_Fighter Fapstronaut

Hey brother ....I'm facing the similar problem , i cant focus on studying as i just want to PMOing badly its my 2nd day without NOFAP...so what i to focusing on study is i started writing ...belive me bro writing will completely diverted your mind from other things like PMOing...so whenver i cant focus ...i start making notes of whatver I'm resdinr & studying! Good luck bro...

6. That-s right it's all about training mind ...thanks for your help
    hope we pass this problem successfully :)

7. Okay I'll start writing ..thank you brother ^^
    Good luck .hope you the best :)
    note:I'm A girl :D

8. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

For concentration, i suggest you clear your mind first, through meditation. There are lot of apps on playstore for that.
    Stop using your phone during that time. Try to wake up a bit early if you can as that time mind is really focused.
    Good luck of your exam, girl

9. Okay that is really helpful .. I'll try this...
    Thanks very much ☺

10. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

Recommend the Pomodoro Technique:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomodoro_Technique

Set a timer for 25 minutes to focus on one task, like studying.
    Then take a 5 minute break focused on something else (read a book you enjoy, walk around, or meditate).
    Then, back to 25 min. studying...

11. It's look useful .. I'll try this
    Thanks for help ..

12. Im_Fighter

Im_Fighter Fapstronaut

Starru HaHaha , sorry i just guessed Ur a boy! I hope Ur doing the well, good luck for the exam !

13. Try studying for shorter blocks. Like 2-3 sessions of 30-45 minutes, everyday for a few weeks, and then increase it to 2 sessions of 60-90 minutes, and then 2 sessions of 120 minutes each. (It will take you 6-8 weeks to build a good habit, and then all you gotta do is stick to it, no matter how you feel on a given day.) :)

14. Im_Fighter

Im_Fighter Fapstronaut

Yea exactly & most important thim
    Yea exactly & keep taking 5 mins break after every shift of studying, like studyy for 25- 30 min then u can take ah break for 5 min, & most important thinh during this please Don't keep your mobile near you , don't even touch it!

15. Thanks guys ^^
    You're really helping me :)
    I'll do my best ^^
    Good luck :))

16. Blessedboy❤️

Blessedboy❤️ Fapstronaut

And the studying paid off 99.37% to be exact :p
    *Gives a high-five*

control your life and Starru like this.
  17. Yaa ^^ Thank you my friend bashka :D