1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't touch your bed! - Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by The Great Safecracker, May 15, 2019.

1. The idea is simple: stay away from your bed when it's not time to sleep.

I've noticed that lying on my bed in daytime makes me lazy. It also makes it harder to fall asleep in the evening. It's as if my body was confused about when it's supposed to sleep, if the bed is used outside bedtime. And finally, if I start fantasizing while lying on my bed, it really drains my energy. My legs feel like I had been doing hill sprints.

Decide how long you want to make this challenge.

2. I'm going for 20 days. 0/20

locomia likes this.
  3. Apparently this is not going to be too easy. Failed first time. I realized it immediately after I had laid myself down.

4. Still I didn't make it. I was trying to solve some problem and laid myself down on my bed to think. Even though I noticed this very quickly and got up, I'm keeping the zero in the counter.

5. K
    Keep trying and set a bit relaxed standards... To build momentum.
    Give yourself 3 failed chances everyday, when you lie down and immediately get up. If you do more than 3 then count it. Will give you some room to start. But you know best.
    Good luck.

Deleted Account and Eleanor like this.
  6. Gotta say this is a hard challenge. When I get home from school or work I just lay down for a couple of minutes. I could see how this could be beneficial. Like maybe I can change this bad habit by hopping into a cold shower instead of heading to bed after a long day.

7. Thanks for your idea. Actually I thought about something like this. However, I'd like to condition myself to thinking like: "It's not bedtime, therefore I don't touch my bed". It's a simple goal in this sense. I take the goal seriously, but the resets not that much.

Have you noticed that getting sleep would be more difficult if you use your bed during the day?

WhyNotStop likes this.
  8. Holi XD

Holi XD Fapstronaut

Dell, with me is different because ir i don't go to sleep i fantasy and that is nota good

FX-05 likes this.
  9. Yes. I tend to go to sleep late whenever I take some time to rest in bed during the day. Recently I got home hoped into a cold shower, did homework, and was tired enough to go to sleep early. Since I avoided sleeping when I got home.

10. iLoveRain

iLoveRain Fapstronaut

Nice challenge. I ll join too.

The Great Safecracker likes this.
  11. i'll try this tomorrow for one day insha Allah, ill let you know how I find it.