1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you giving up?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Timber, May 17, 2019.

1. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

It’s a Friday again - the worst day for me for PM! So I always come here instead. I’m on day 76 and doing alright.

I followed lots of threads here. People throw themselves into exercise, meditation and cold showers. Those work for me but I noticed that I have to give up something that’s pretty fundamental for me in order to succeed at avoiding PM.

Drum roll please... it’s checking out women. I am sure a line can be drawn between noticing a pretty woman and obsessing over her as a piece of hot meat! I’m still trying to figure out how far I need to go. Fuck this is hard, but I can’t see any other way to get rid of PM.

Anyone else here struggling with this? Or do you have it give up something else?

kropo82 likes this.
  2. Same here. Also thinking about anything sexual is not a good idea.

3. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Yeah, I just feel like I am somehow less than a man when I do that. None of the arguments against looking at or even fantasizing about women are convincing for me! But I’m just doing it to see if my opinions will change when I experience a different way of life.

kropo82 and Deleted Account like this.
  4. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

Well just check them out that's it if u watch her more than 2 secs then that's not checking her out for me. That's falling for her.

5. Bounce the eyes and discipline the mind. I had to change careers to finally escape all the triggers I had online. Whatever it takes.

Timber likes this.
  6. Generally when I check out women is to see if it's a good idea to proceed to "game" them, as it builds the motivation to do it well and get what I want yet not exceding on checking out. Women who are beautiful for sure provoke the eye of men, as it's the way to make men get into women as to procreate the specie.

The problem comes when after checking them out you don't do anything and continue alone, as the provoking thought will be on your mind all the time and such motivation becomes horniness and if you don't have contact with women your brain will force you to take you the easy way with the hand. If you're on monk mode is best to forbid yourself from seeing such meat displays any time: for the man is too weak most of the time to restrain himself from the sexual desire that arises from what is being seen.